** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Placepots and Selections for today

I have gone back through my AW selections for the last couple of months for races where at least 2 selections have made my shortlist. There have been 14 meetings where I could have played the placepot and I would have won on 2 occasions, both with 4 out of 64 lines. 

The dividends were £207.60 and £21.40 so I would have ended up with a net return of 2.31 points (17%).

Not bad although less than my returns on my win bets.

The nagging doubt that I have is the massive deductions of 27% from the pool. This is a very big hurdle to overcome to make a profit.

6 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I have gone back through my AW selections for the last couple of months for races where at least 2 selections have made my shortlist. There have been 14 meetings where I could have played the placepot and I would have won on 2 occasions, both with 4 out of 64 lines. 

The dividends were £207.60 and £21.40 so I would have ended up with a net return of 2.31 points (17%).

Not bad although less than my returns on my win bets.

The nagging doubt that I have is the massive deductions of 27% from the pool. This is a very big hurdle to overcome to make a profit.

Just seen the deduction. Guess the only benefit is your against other people and they make the amount you get back. Should be lot less taken. Surely some business out there could offer better taking a lesser amount!

Edited by Wildgarden

Todays placepot selections 

LINGFIELD

1'53 merry secret ...galephobia

2'23 pure perfection...eas star

2'55 glasvegas...desert land

3'28 griggy....knockout blow

3'58 ascot adventure.. copinet

4'32 albert camus ....bodroy

64 x 20p placepots = 12.80

Warwick

1'37 fineste ....raf tavel

2.07 twominutes turkish...calico

2.37 pink legend...deja vue

3'12 coeur serein...embole ..coral lad

3.42 western clim...goodnight char...rise of a aghaboe

4'15 jai ford ...poker play ...morning spirit

216 x 5p placepots = 10.80

Naas

1.30 brawler ...jungle junction

2.00 field

2'30 ckass conti...scoir mear ...speak easy

3'05 goodbye someday ...shadow rider

3'35 big king...jammy george

4'05 eden flight ...lifetime ambition

192 x 5p placepot = 9.60

I have just been reading an article on placepots and its interesting a read .....

Its focussed on cheltenham this year and its expects the placepot pools to reach record highs ...they expect the pools to be well over £ 1 million each day . Also because more players will be at home this year and new players will be trying these exotic bets for the first time .

Apparently 5 percent of players just go for the fav in every leg which is a tough ask at any meeting anyway.

Big players will select all runners in 4 horse races or less ..guaranteeing to get through that legs. 

Some players have be known to play 10,000 lines plus at cheltenham ....I would imagine these would be 10p lines ...staking out £1000 '...though it could be even 1p stakes ( can do 1p lines on course but minimum 5p or 10p online )

Odds on favourites at cheltenham are unsuprisingly the most selected horses and if these are unplaced they knockout a big numbers of lines and divudends are massive.

So remember to put at least 2 selections in these races ...hoping the fav gets unplaced.

Be good to see you all post your selectiins on here tuesday ;) '...see how many of us reach that final leg :)

I will have a go because of the Tote offer but with the level of deductions I think it will be difficult to make a profit long term from this bet.

I think the best option with the tote is to play it when there is a rollover.

This used to be publicised quite a lot on the TV on Saturday but it doesn't seem to be mentioned anymore. Is there an easy way to find out if there is a rollover ?

Todays selections :

15th march 2021

stratford

12'30 casa loupi....stepney causewsy

1.00 starjac....shut the box

1'30 pillar of steel ...vakentines turf...isthebaropen

2.03 ramonex...orrisdale

2.33 will sting ...fort delocean...beach break

3.03 golden touboggan...envoye special

216 x 5p placepot = 10.80

tauton

2.10 iron mike...vulcan

2.40 candyman can ...king cool...windance

3.10 beltor ...neetside...chex hans

3'40 skipthecuddles...beau du brizais

4'10 pour une raison ....wueen of the court ...uise ur

4.40 flight to nowhere...goeut des bruyeres

216 x 5p placepot = 10.80

plumpton

1'45 astigar....smurfy enki

2'17 clondaw robin...eurkash...kapad ...vital sign

2.47 moroder...blame the game

3'17 soarlikeaneagle...oakley hall ...calin du brizas

3.47 midnight calisto . Perfect moment...suxties secret

4'25 powersown park...ballydoyle

288 x 5p placepot = 14.40

On 3/14/2021 at 1:28 PM, MCLARKE said:

I will have a go because of the Tote offer but with the level of deductions I think it will be difficult to make a profit long term from this bet.

I think the best option with the tote is to play it when there is a rollover.

This used to be publicised quite a lot on the TV on Saturday but it doesn't seem to be mentioned anymore. Is there an easy way to find out if there is a rollover ?

You managed to find out yet? Worth us rating the scoop 6 rollover or something to try and get it between us.

Edited by Wildgarden

No. I was hoping someone on here might know. Perhaps you just have to log on to the Tote and have a look there.

I've had a look today and I think there is a carry-over of £39k. It only got to race 3 today, there were 89 tickets going on to race 4 but none of them were on Black Tears.

I'm sure the next race would have scuppered it anyway with the winner being 80/1.

I must admit I would have thought the pool would have been bigger than £39k.

I might have a bash tomorrow. It will be interesting to see what the pool size is.