Announcements
** January Poker League Result : 1st Barry John, 2nd Pabl007, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - drew005 wins £250 / Wishy wins £50 **
** January Naps Competition Result: 1st SILVER FOX, 2nd LIKE A ROUGHIE, 3rd DAISYCHAIN, 4th MRJOL. KO Cup Winner GLAVINTOBY, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Championship Predictions > Feb 19th & 20th

champratings.jpg

Check out the odds and ratings for this weekend's Championship matches. It was a fascinating round of midweek fixtures and the relentless action continues here. I'll look to get a Cardiff preview up before the weekend and also keen to hear from you guys who are fans of clubs in this division. :ok

Watford FC vs Derby County

Watford FC

Doubtful: Isaac Success (0/0 f), Jeremy Ngakia (22/0 f)

Out (injuries/other): Troy Deeney (18/7 f, top scorer, captain), Marc Navarro (5/0 d), Ben Foster (22/0 first goalkeeper), Christian Kabasele (17/1 d), Tom Dele-Bashiru (2/0 m)

Suspended: -

Derby County

Doubtful: Jack Stretton (3/0 f), Matt Clarke (28/0 m)

Out (injuries/other): Krystian Bielik (13/2 m), Tom Lawrence (13/0 m), Curtis Davis (12/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Win/Draw/Lose
Watford FC
15 home games
Derby County
14 away games
73% Win 36%
13% Draw 21%
13% Lose 43%
47% Win and over 1.5 goals 14%
7% Lose and over 1.5 goals 21%
60% Team won first half 29%
33% Draw at half-time 57%
7% Team lost first half 14%

Opposing Birmingham again, they didn't show much against Millwall who didn't have to play well to win. They were very narrow with everything going straight down the middle, which is usually easy to play against. Wednesday's form has been mixed so I'm not going too crazy but I thought they would be shorter than 17/10 with Hills or slightly bigger with SBK.

Cardiff vs Preston

The Championship chaos continues for another weekend here. @yossa6133, great to see your shout against Birmingham. I have to agree with that one. Not sure why Aitor Karanka isn't working for them. Not sure anyone can work for Birmingham mind! My preview this week is Cardiff versus Preston at the Cardiff City Stadium in a 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon.

Cardiff continued their fine start under Mick McCarthy in midweek with a solid 2-0 win away to Luton. There was further evidence that McCarthy is getting the best out of the players under his management with Harry Wilson a stand-out performance once again with Will Vaulks also showing more attacking intent like he displayed when he rose to prominence at Rotherham. It's now 6 league games unbeaten for the Bluebirds including 4 won in a row and we're up to 7th in the table. 6th placed Bournemouth remain 6 points ahead of us but this is a position none of us Cardiff fans could have imagined just a couple of months ago. In perhaps the most remarkable turnaround under McCarthy, Aden Flint isn't looking quite as much of a carthorse. The man's a blood miracle worker! Also, are Joe Bennett and Perry NG becoming the Andrew Robertson and Trent Alexander-Arnold of the Championship?

Preston had showed a bit of promise as potential play-off pushers this season but their fortunes have started to decline. The triple sale of Ben Pearson, Ben Davies, and Darnell Fisher split opinion amongst the fans and it's still to be seen if the signings of Greg Cunningham, Liam Lindsay, Sepp van den Berg, Anthony Gordon, and Ched Evans will pay off. Away form has actually been a salvation for the team this season with them boasting the 4th best away record in the division. It's an odd one given how the club used to pride themselves on their home form. It's just 1 win in the last 5 league games for Alex Neil's side and that includes 3 defeats from their last 4 league matches. The club is down in 13th place and they're in danger of starting to look down rather than up.

I am in that joyous position right now where I feel Cardiff can win any game. As I have said before, the old saying goes that big Mick rarely loses a home game in the Championship. I'm going to stand by that adage. I think we are a match for any side at the moment and McCarthy's experience is helping these players realise their potential. Preston are going to be a bit of trouble for us here but I back us to have enough to get past this latest challenge.

Cardiff to Win @ 2.12 with Matchbook

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.69 with SBK