** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Serie A & B Predictions > Feb 19th - 22nd

italyratings.jpg

italyratings2.jpg

Check out the odds and ratings for the next round of matches in Italian Serie A and B right here. @ALEXXXXXXXX, you made a fair shout by predicting that Torino versus Genoa game would be a tight contest. @Mindfulness, Parma let you down there mate! I'm surprised they lost that one! @StefanBB, you were close with that Napoli versus Juventus call. A single penalty being the difference to deny you. Inter and Lazio didn't help your cause either! @betcatalog, you also fell foul to the Napoli penalty. OK, so not a very good week for us all last week so what bets are you placing here to bounce back?

1 hour ago, StevieDay1983 said:

@Mindfulness, Parma let you down there mate! I'm surprised they lost that one!

Yes it's a shame because that game was a real opportunity for Parma to get some points on the board. Parma coach D'Aversa suggested after the match that the teams current issues maybe psychological and the players are afraid to play football. Meanwhile the Parma board are discussing whether or not to sack D'Aversa even though they only re-appointed him on 7th January!!! I like D'Aversa as a coach and I think it would be foolish for the board to sack him at this stage, but this is Italian football we're talking about and that's how it goes sometimes.

Anyway I will take a closer look at this weeks card at some point, there have been some decent betting opportunities in Serie A these past few weeks which has been encouraging.

Yeah, I can't believe it when boards re-appoint managers and then give them such little time to change things around. It makes no sense. There's no denying that Roberto D'Aversa played a key role in getting Parma back into the top flight of Serie A and evolving them once they got there. They are in a dire situation though so I'm surprised they re-hired him after sacking him. I also didn't realise he was one of the players banned back in 2004/05 for being found guilty of match-fixing. I've got a lot of time for Parma. I saw them play Barcelona in a friendly at the Millennium Stadium back in 2004 with a team that included the likes of Sebastien Frey, Daniele Bonera, Paolo Cannavaro, and Alberto Gilardino. How times have changed for I Crociati. Going to take something drastic to save them now I feel.

Cagliari Calcio vs Torino FC

Cagliari Calcio

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Klavan (9/0 d), Rog (14/0 m), Sottil (20/2 f)

Suspended:

Torino FC

Doubtful:

Out (injuries/other): Sanabria (0/0 f)

Suspended:

(Some unnamed players are infected with Covid-19.)

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Interesting facts based only on statistics
Torino FC scored at least one goal in 82% of away games.
69% chance that both Cagliari Calcio and Torino FC will score in this game.
91% chance that there will be more than 1 goal in this game.
41% chance that there will be more than 3 goals in this game.
78% chance that there will be at least 1 goal in the first-half.

Although Lazio have definitely improved, neither team has been consistent in defense this year, so the many goals can certainly be verified on Saturday. Both teams, very often make big scores and have a large number over 2.5, I believe that the same will happen today.
LAZIO vs SAMPDORIA @@ +2.50 Over, odds 1.65

Genoa

They do not play well this season, getting no more than 30% winning percentage. It is because they are so weak in offensive that they have scored 24 goals in 22 rounds totally. There is a good news that they are getting well, which have been unbeaten for five matches.

Verona

They are slightly better than Genoa, ranking the ninth in the table of the League. Most of their points are taken from host game. But they play poorly as traveller recently, suffering a three-match losing streak in away game.

Verdict:

Genoa get 5W-3D-2L from Verona in the past. The Asian handicap first odd is Genoa -0, high return, which seems to confuse people. So the victory is tending to the guest.

Genoa VS Verona

1x2 Pick: 2

Milan vs Inter

Milan slipped to the 2nd spot after a surprising defeat away to Spezia last weekend. A poor display was followed with two goals in Gigi Donnarumma’s net. Rossoneri are back from Belgrade after their Europa League clash against Red Star. Milan had an advantage twice in the game, but the ten-men Serbian side equalized in the stoppage time. Stefano Pioli will definitely be disappointed after that kind of complacency of his team. Nevertheless, he managed to rest some key players for the Derby della Madonnina clash, as Zlatan Ibrahimovic was on the bench at Stadion Rajko Mitic. Milan has been very disciplined throughout the season, and they need to keep a high level of performance. Nevertheless, they lost twice in the previous five games at Stadio San Siro, and they should stop spilling points at home.

Inter heads to the derby match after a confident 3:1 victory over Lazio in the latest round. That one launched them to the top of the table, where Antonio Conte’s side wants to stay until the end of the campaign. The away side has been clinical in front of the oppositions’ net this season, netting 54 times. Achraf Hakimi and the lads tightened up the defense recently after having severe troubles in the back. However, Inter has been inconsistent on the road lately as they managed to win just twice in the last five outings. The visitors had more time to prepare for this game since they didn’t have a mid-week action. It is one of the most important matches in this part of the season, and Inter wants to remain undefeated.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

The next two Serie A games could be key for Milan in their title battle. The hosts are fully focused on this game, and they should be able to remain undefeated.

Goals Market Prediction

Their recent head-to-head matches have been pretty efficient, and this one shouldn’t be much different. We expect to see goals in both nets like in the last three clashes of these two teams.

Milan AH +0 @ 2.75

BTTS Yes @ 1.60

Correct score 1:1 @ 7.00

Atalanta vs Napoli

The home side managed to get back home from Sardinia with a win over Cagliari last weekend. That one saw them leveling up with their upcoming rivals on the 5th spot. Luis Muriel secured a hard-fought victory to Atalanta with a 90th-minute goal. However, Gian Piero Gasperini’s side has been inconsistent lately, as the hosts celebrated two times in the last five rounds. Atalanta is the second-most productive team in Serie A this season, with 49 goals scored so far. They don’t give up on their attacking game approach, and it is always a joy to watch Atalanta. Nevertheless, the home side failed to win in their previous three games at Gewiss Stadium. If they want to keep challenging the Champions League spot, they should stop spilling points at home.

Napoli is on a poor run after winning just once in the previous five matches in all competitions. They head to this game after losing against Granada in the Europa League knockout stage. Gennaro Gattuso’s side is two points behind the fourth-placed Juventus but needs to improve its game. Napoli suffered five consecutive defeats on the road in all competitions, and it’s something that should worry the away side’s fans. Nevertheless, Lorenzo Insigne and the lads have been pretty efficient in front of the oppositions’ net this season. Still, they should stabilize the form to stay in the race for the top four. However, this game is going to be a tough challenge for Gattuso’s side as they will have severe selection troubles.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Napoli has not been convincing at all in the past few weeks, and that’s something Atalanta can take advantage of. Atalanta has already managed to knock out their rivals from Coppa Italia earlier this month. In an even clash, we think the hosts could keep the victory at their stadium.

Goals Market Prediction

Both teams have significant attacking potential, and they can certainly show what they are capable of in this game. Therefore, we expect to see goals in both nets.

Atalanta to win @ 1.85

BTTS Yes @ 1.60

Correct score 2:1 @ 8.50