** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tuesday Race Chat- 16th February

5.10 Newcastle - Velma - 13/2

This one has drifted like a barge this morning from an opening show of 3/1 which is a concern but can't see any obvious reason why and the horse looks to have a lot in her favour. She broke her duck over track and trip in October, winning with a bit in hand. She then ran on heavy ground and back in trip to 7f at Doncaster and was beaten out of sight but that can easily be forgiven. She was then seen running on again over 7f at Newcastle when only beaten 3 lengths. That brings us to her last run which was again here at Newcastle back up to a mile, she was beaten 4 lengths by the re-opposing Pholas but Velma was repeatedly denied a clear run that day. Pholas also had the benefit of the services of the brilliant Laura Pearson claiming 5lbs that day when my selection was giving the winner 17lbs, today she only has to give her 8lbs. Oli Stammers is up today who is a great apprentice himself, 3 of his 6 winners so far this year have been at Newcastle so he clearly rides the track well. I think this looks a really decent bet today.

15 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Catterick 2.15 

Who’s In The Box 4/1

Catterick 2.45

Oscars Leader 5/1, although the favourite Maskada is very closely matched but give me 5/1 over 2/1 anytime. 

Oscar Leader non runner, probably because it’s gone to heavy now. Maskada won well on heavy last time in a class 2, and is racing in a class 3 today, so will double him up with Who’s In The Box who is now 9/4. The double pays 8.45/1. 

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Making bets a little on the hoof so to speak today.

2.55 Km Trixie Waterbury £2 win at 8.4 = £14.50 profit if it wins

RESULTS UPDATE

Nice little touch on Trixie Waterbury.  Did not back any more selections today.  Net profit of £14.50 brings my balance back to £554.83 (£500 Bank).

Some interesting races at Wetherby and Hereford tomorrow; looks like loads of runners to study though