Announcements
** January Poker League Result : 1st Barry John, 2nd Pabl007, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - drew005 wins £250 / Wishy wins £50 **
** January Naps Competition Result: 1st SILVER FOX, 2nd LIKE A ROUGHIE, 3rd DAISYCHAIN, 4th MRJOL. KO Cup Winner GLAVINTOBY, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Tennis Tips - February 22 - February 28

40 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Jil Teichman to beat (-1.5 sets) Anastasia Sevastova at 2.55 with Unibet

If I remember correctly Sevastova has been in decline for some time now and doesn't seem to get back to where she once was. She will be on the way down until she eventually wins a tournament and goes on a long winning streak. She isn't there now though so I feel more comfortable picking a player like Jil who seldom loses matches when on a run to an eventual semi. Teichman is for me a player on the rise while as mentioned Sevastova is on the way down. So I pick the favourite to win this in straight sets. Same thing happened to Sevastova when she played Alison Riske in the Mallorca final (her latest final). Riske won easily in two and after that Sevastova hasn't been able to replicate her best form or highest ranking.

unsure if you've watched Seva recently but she's been reasonably impressive of late. I would leave this one. 

34 minutes ago, Torque said:

Martic couldn't get it done for me despite taking the first set and Inglis was a blowout as expected, but I'll try again with another player who is too big a price in my book and that's Uchiyama. He plays Kwon Soonwoo who's a decent player who started to emerge last year before lockdown, but like Gauff he isn't the most consistent despite stringing a few wins together ahead of this match. For his part, Uchiyama is also inconsistent but is also a decent enough player which is reflected in his ranking. He's played Kwon Soonwoo before and although he's never won, the matches have been close. This is a match where both players are of a similar rank, both are inconsistent and neither player has dominated in previous meetings and so Uchiyama is preferred based on the odds.

10pts Uchiyama to beat Kwon Soonwoo @ 3.50 Bet365

Kwon is actually quite consistent vs the weaker players on hard courts FYI. The scoring site I use actually have the hard court tournament he's just won listened under clay in error, so looks like he's lost a bunch of matches lately,but in reality he's won his last 6 on hard - defeating the likes of Museti, Maden and Donstkoy, among others.

My prediction is Kwon 2-0.

56 minutes ago, AgaRadwanska said:

Kwon is actually quite consistent vs the weaker players on hard courts FYI. The scoring site I use actually have the hard court tournament he's just won listened under clay in error, so looks like he's lost a bunch of matches lately,but in reality he's won his last 6 on hard - defeating the likes of Museti, Maden and Donstkoy, among others.

My prediction is Kwon 2-0.

I'm aware of that. I still say he's inconsistent overall and I'm certainly happier backing Uchiyama at 3.50 than Kwon at circa 1.30. Based on previous meetings, I'd be very wary of backing Kwon to win in straight sets, but if that is your bet then I'll be hoping either for a Uchiyama win or Kwon to win without dropping a set.

Edited by Torque

Albert Ramos-Vinolas to beat Tomas Martin Etcheverry at 1.73 with William Hill

Heading to Cordoba once again, this time for Albert Ramos. I liked his performance against Fritz down under, he could've easily won that match even despite the conditions being against him. His form has now translated into a good first win on clay and I think he can take it further. I watched a bit of Etcheverry in the qualifying and he seemed alright but without being able to step it up. He'll need to step it up if he's to succeed here and I'm not sure he can.

Gauff vs Bencic

I am going to keep this simple because I do not want my chain of thoughts to be derailed by trying to think of a reason for this pick. This pick is for those who have been on the journey of this tournament from the start and who should be thinking like me here. Bencic to win here large. Gauff has already played four 3 setters in a row. I dare her a win here. Large stakes recommended. 9/10

4 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Gauff vs Bencic

I am going to keep this simple because I do not want my chain of thoughts to be derailed by trying to think of a reason for this pick. This pick is for those who have been on the journey of this tournament from the start and who should be thinking like me here. Bencic to win here large. Gauff has already played four 3 setters in a row. I dare her a win here. Large stakes recommended. 9/10

I totally agree here . Bencic has been playing real good and has yet to drop a set.  IMO Gauff shouldn’t have won yesterday I think it was more of a meltdown from Rogers even up a break on the second set until she went gassed out.  I know Gauff is 16 but so many minutes and sets played will cost her. Not sure if her father is the right way for her to continue and I’m sure good things we can expect from her on the future but I believe this is the end of the road on this tournament.

Yeah, that was lucky no doubt.

Egor Gerasimov to beat Alejandro Davidovich Fokina at 2.20 with William Hill

Not sure what makes ADF the favorite here. He played decent against Hurkacz yesterday, but he also rolled his ankle and you never know how that will feel the next day. Also, it felt to me that the match was more about Hurkacz not having any sort of consistency. He was 3-1 up i the first and suddenly turned bad. I saw Gerasimov against Murray and I thought he was more than decent, transferred his Australian form to Montpellier nicely with good hitting.

19 hours ago, liquidglass said:

Gauff vs Bencic

Congrats for winning your large bet!

:cheers

8 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Yeah, that was lucky no doubt.

Egor Gerasimov to beat Alejandro Davidovich Fokina at 2.20 with William Hill

Not sure what makes ADF the favorite here. He played decent against Hurkacz yesterday, but he also rolled his ankle and you never know how that will feel the next day. Also, it felt to me that the match was more about Hurkacz not having any sort of consistency. He was 3-1 up i the first and suddenly turned bad. I saw Gerasimov against Murray and I thought he was more than decent, transferred his Australian form to Montpellier nicely with good hitting.

No it was not lucky that Ramos won and Gerasimov deserved to win. Only good betting from you in the end.

Egor Gerasimov to beat David Goffin at 2.43 with Unibet

I'll take Gerasimov again, he was good against Fokina and has more than enough power to blow Goffin off the court. He did that last year and Goffin isn't the player he once was anymore. The win over Sonego should give him belief, but he seems like a bad favorite to me anyway. Gerasimov has plenty of weapons for these conditions and I don't see why he can't make another upset happen.

cerundulo beating monteiro in cordoba and schwartzman losing to ramos... Glad I smelled out that these matches might have a weird outcome and didn't bet anything. South America tourneys on clay always seem to have weird results in them. Monteiro lost to a guy with 0 weapons and schwartzmann lost to a past prime ramos after looking at his best in his match before this one..