Announcements
*** Cheltenham Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Skittle, 2nd. glavintobuy & 3rd. Cragwood ***
** March Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd andybell666, 3rd ian309 **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MABS, 2nd PercyP, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Catijohn, 5th runadrum **
** March Naps Competition Result: 1st GARY66, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th MICK33. KO Cup Winner SILVER FOX, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Non-League Predictions > February 6th

The weather got in the way on Tuesday night, but hopefully we should get away with things on Saturday. At this stage Step 2 leagues are meant to be playing on Saturday, but various clubs are saying they wont and as of yet no bookie has priced them up which is sensible really. If they do appear then I will add any bets, but otherwise it will be these 5.

Eastleigh v Solihull

I think there is just enough in this price as I would make the home side 5/4. Tuesday night's game wasn't great, but then the weather did not help matters and Eastleigh did have the better chances and I though they deserved to edge it really. As we know Solihull aren't great on their travels and I am happy to oppose them again.

Maidenhead v Boreham Wood

Wood do have the better team on paper, but they are struggling to win games at the moment and they didn't massively convince on Tuesday when beating Weymouth. I really fancied Maidenhead on Tuesday, but the game was called off. Obviously my positive words about them stand here and as much as this is a tougher game I do think they are too big at 2/1 and are worth backing.

Havant & Waterlooville v Notts County (kicks off at 1pm)

Into the FA Trophy now and I think Notts County will be more focused on the league and Havant do have a good side if they do under perform on occasions. Given the doubts about Step 2 continuing this is could be the only way Havant play football for the rest of the season so there is even more incentive for them. County have been struggling for goals anyway and if they rest players that will also help Havant. 9/2 looks a big price about a home win.

Darlington v Wealdstone

When Dean Brennan left his role at Wealdstone on Tuesday night my first thought was that he had got another job. That wasn't the case though and he felt let down on a couple of things by the chairman. He is a superb manager and god knows why they have let him go, but I think it is going to harm them here. Darlington have under performed this season although did manage to beat Swindon in the FA Cup and this could be the right time to be playing the away side.

Southport v Torquay

I can see Torquay resting players here especially as they have not been picking up many points in the league of late. Johnson wont want to risk the great position they are in at the moment for the sake of a Trophy run. Southport beat Halifax in the last round and again this could be the last chance for their players to play football for months if they lose. At 9/2 I am happy to take a chance on a home win.

Eastleigh 1pt @ 31/20 with Bet365

Maidenhead 1pt @ 2/1 with Bet365

Havant 1pt @ 9/2 with Bet365

Darlington 1pt @ 7/2 with Bet365

Southport 1pt @ 9/2 with Bet365

Bookies went up with Step 2 prices at what seems just before 5am this morning. That meant no chance to take advantage of St Albans who are set to play a weakened Billericay side in the South, but I'm not too worried about that. There is one bet worth having though and it is going to be Hungerford who continue to be under rated by the bookies. Eastbourne will be a tough game, but there is no way they should be 11/4 to pick up 3 points.

Hungerford 1pt @ 11/4 with Bet365

5 minutes ago, Darran said:

Bookies went up with Step 2 prices at what seems just before 5am this morning. That meant no chance to take advantage of St Albans who are set to play a weakened Billericay side in the South, but I'm not too worried about that. There is one bet worth having though and it is going to be Hungerford who continue to be under rated by the bookies. Eastbourne will be a tough game, but there is no way they should be 11/4 to pick up 3 points.

Hungerford 1pt @ 11/4 with Bet365

asian punters again on Hungerford game ?

3 hours ago, Darran said:

Bookies went up with Step 2 prices at what seems just before 5am this morning. That meant no chance to take advantage of St Albans who are set to play a weakened Billericay side in the South, but I'm not too worried about that.................................................................

You can get St Albans (-1 handicap) at 10/11 (skybet) or  -2.5 with Sporting Index fixed odds at 21/10. I've seen worse bets considering Billericay are set to play their 5 non-contracted squad players plus lads from the U23 team. Hopefully St Albans will be sufficiently motivated in the light of the ongoing uncertainty about whether the season will be cancelled, as 3 points today will put them up to 2nd spot with 4 games in hand on Dartford.

If St Albans do go for the jugular, there is also a range of spread bets with both Sporting Index and Spreadex. I couldn't resist a buy of St Albans goal rush at 30 (SPIN) just in case St Albans run riot.