** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Snooker Shoot Out

Fader

My form isn't the best at the moment with Snooker. A not so great start to 2021 but that also happened last year and getting a winner of this last year kicked off a good end season result. I had Holt to win this last year and he comes into this with a chance to perform well once again. It's a wide open event really, set on stop clock speed. You need to be a fast player, really, to win this. You also need abit of luck.

Ronnie, Robertson and Judd have declined this event. Selby is our favourite but when the favourite is 16/1, you know it's an open event.

I'll do what I normally do for this event. I tend to pick a good number (around 8-10 players) at small stakes and look for a big price. I'll tend to pick players who I think get through to Round 2. Funny enough, my picks are quite similar to last years. 15pts staked.

good luck

2pts Z,Yuelong to win Shoot Out 28/1 boylesports
--------------------------------------------------------
1pt E.W M.Gould to win Shoot Out 40/1 unibet (4 places, 1/4th)
1pt E/W T.Ford to win Shoot Out 50/1 boylesports (4 places, 1/4th)
1pt E/W M.Holt to win Shoot Out 50/1 skybet (4 places, 1/4th)
1pt E/W S.Craigie to win Shoot out 80/1 skybet (4 places, 1/4th)

Outsiders
0.5pts E/W R.Milkins to win Shootout 100/1 skybet (4 places, 1/4th)
0.5pts E/W S.Akani to win Shootout 1501/ paddypower (4 places, 1/4th)
0.5pts E/W A.Higginson to win Shootout 150/1 paddypower (4 places, 1/4th)
0.5pts E/W P.Junxu to win Shootout 175/1 paddypower (4 places, 1/4th)
0.5pts E/W J.Clarke to win Shootout 200/1 betvictor (4 places, 1/4th)

A good start. 3 out of 3 in the outright picks are through to the last 64. That's Yuelong, Holt & Sam Craigie.

Milkins & Higginson play tonight, whilst Gould, Ford, Akani, Pang and Clarke all play tomorrow. Unfortunately, Pang plays Jamie Clarke and so if 9 out of 10 could get through to the 2nd round, it would be the ideal start.

8 hours ago, charliepie said:

Good start, bit of a lottery as you say but hoping tomorrow sees more of your runners winning through!

It really is. You foul in a match, it's pretty much over as the other play can move the white ball.

Few harsh results already. 

Just 32 players left then. Would have been great if Holt beat Stevens. Stevens has been abit of a pain in the bum as he now faces Milkins. I'm hoping Milkins can win that one. Just 4 of the 9 pre-tournament bets are through. Unfortunately, Gould plays Yuelong. The other two through are Milkins and Sunny Akani.

The likes of Selby, Allen, Un-Nooh and Mark Williams are still in so it's still wide open.

Tomorrow, the final 32, last 16, Quarter-finals, Semi-finals and final is played.

Just now, charliepie said:

Snooker players instinct to clear up and win the frame(as Stephen Hendry's CueTips merch says!)

He isn't new to this format. He knew the right shot because he froze and thought about it. Ugh! so frustrating.