** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - January 25 - January 31

On 1/27/2021 at 11:14 PM, darko08 said:

It's not impossible. I have won all the bets I have posted here since I returned, 1 month ago. This one was a trap... I had my doubts, but I finally have been fooled by the bookies. You never can take a player that has been out of the courts that long. The last time he won a match was in 2019... Unfortunately for us, Pouille was in a worse shape than we thought and his opponent was the right one to make us think that this could be his first victory. Bad deal.

everyone gets fooled by the bookies everyday. thats why they are running the show

On 1/28/2021 at 6:36 PM, darko08 said:

6-4, 6-2. Easy victory for Lorenzi. As I said, there is never value on a player that has been out of the courts for a long time...No matter how juicy the odds are... This particular case was even more clear because Altmaier contracted Covid during the first week of January. I'm really happy with this one. A prove of how much profit you can make in tennis if you have the right info!

I dont think winning the game at 1.83 odds make huge profits but congrats for the winning bet

51 minutes ago, bet4fun said:

I dont think winning the game at 1.83 odds make huge profits but congrats for the winning bet

Well, if you read well, there were 2 bets, the handicap games and the single victory at 3.50. Thank you.

If your read the posts from the week of the qualy of the AO, I said they were wrong with the Bonaventure-Savinykh odds. Savinykh was priced at 5.00 and I said she could won the whole match and she did in 2 sets... Sometimes bookies are fooled too

Edited by darko08

On 1/27/2021 at 6:44 PM, darko08 said:

It's not impossible. I have won all the bets I have posted here since I returned, 1 month ago.

Kudos to that :clap I'm very glad for you,really.. i am..
For me,the only way for making profit out of tennis betting is either on outright market or to put strong stake against some "specific" players..for example like Fatma Al Nabhani (she's usually competes in a couple tournaments)
I almost completely stopped with tennis betting..

Anyway,i like coming here to read your stuff.

Elisabetta Cocciaretto to beat Lin Zhu at 1.57 with bet365

I think there is value on the italian young player. She did well in the qualy of the AO, winning all her matches without dropping a single set (Harmony Tan, Marie Benoit and Gabriela Ce). Zhu is still winless in 2021. She lost in the first round in Abu Dhabi against Tomjlanovic (2-6, 6-7) and her results of the last year are not good at all. The surface favors Zhu but IMO Cocciaretto is currently better player.

Kasatkina (vs. Buzarnescu) + Rebecca Marino (vs. Paolini) at 1.82 with William Hill

Buzarnescu is miles away from the player she was in 2018. In 2020 she played only a couple of matches and lost clearly both: Stephens (3-6, 3-6) and Hart (3-6, 0-6). This year she has played 3 matches (qualy AO), winning against Arruabarrena and Claire Liu, and losing against Osuigwe. Kasatkina is still not the same player she was but she's getting better. She ended 2020 with a 18-14, achieving some good wins, especially against Bouzkova and Rybakina in Ostrava. This year she has played 2 matches. She won against Qiang Wang and lost against Rybakina, in Abu Dhabi. 

Marino has won all her matches of the qualy (Jaqueline Cristian, Tomova and Zanevska) without dropping a single set. Paolini is a clay court player. She has won only 1 match from the last 8 she has played on hard, and that victory was against another clay court player, Trevisan. She lost in 2 sets against Leylah Fernandez in Abu Dhabi (4-6, 2-6).

Valeria Savinykh (+5.0 Games) to beat Ana Karolina Schmiedlova at 1.83 with Marathonbet

Savinykh won all her matches of the qualy (Vikhlyantseva, Gatto-Monticone and Bonaventure) without dropping a single set while Schmiedlova struggled a lot. She dropped a set against Arconada and won the final one in the TB. In her second match she won against Muramatsu (6-3, 6-4) and then lost against Babos in a 3 set match. Schmiedlova is better player but I think she's a little bit overrated for this one considering how she has been struggling against those players.

On 1/29/2021 at 8:14 PM, four-leaf said:

I can see an easy win for Nakashima again tomorrow versus the complete claygrinder Horansky who really can't do anything against a guy with a brand of tennis that will bring him easily into the top 100 sooner rather than later.

Wasn't mutch correct in this post. I just hope nobody made any decisions based on the post.

31 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Wasn't mutch correct in this post. I just hope nobody made any decisions based on the post.

Horanksy has been playing some great tennis. I took him at long odds vs Pouille, and was impressed with what I saw, and subsequently took him against Marterer and Zuk, and then again vs. Nakashima - although this one could've def gone either way. 

I do however think the hugely in-form Korda will be too much in the final. 

33 minutes ago, AgaRadwanska said:

Horanksy has been playing some great tennis. I took him at long odds vs Pouille, and was impressed with what I saw, and subsequently took him against Marterer and Zuk, and then again vs. Nakashima - although this one could've def gone either way. 

I do however think the hugely in-form Korda will be too much in the final. 

Yes Seb Korda just crushed a tired Ben Bonzi in his semi. The setnumbers doesn't show how good Seb Korda played but in the tie-breaks Sebastian sailed away very easy but it's a final and both players have done well to get there.

21 hours ago, DrO said:

Kudos to that :clap I'm very glad for you,really.. i am..
For me,the only way for making profit out of tennis betting is either on outright market or to put strong stake against some "specific" players..for example like Fatma Al Nabhani (she's usually competes in a couple tournaments)
I almost completely stopped with tennis betting..

Anyway,i like coming here to read your stuff.

Have to disagree with this. If you watch enough tenis, to me it's the easiest sport to win on. I used to bet on football , and for me it was WAY harder to analyse those matches compared to tennis. I think it all depends on how much money you are willing to bet.

40 minutes ago, vladisimo2 said:

Have to disagree with this. If you watch enough tenis, to me it's the easiest sport to win on. I used to bet on football , and for me it was WAY harder to analyse those matches compared to tennis. I think it all depends on how much money you are willing to bet.

It's just my perspective. Nothing more than that.
I mostly bet on football and basketball..i guess everyone should go with what suits him..

23 hours ago, DrO said:

I mostly bet on football and basketball..i guess everyone should go with what suits him..

Sure! I am also more on betting football & basketball and occasionally tennis, (ice) hockey, handball, American football....... so I know what you mean.  The biggest difference between football/basketball and tennis betting is a team sport and an individual - here talking about "single" only - sport.  A team sport betting involve more factors on the outcome of the match, more players, coach decisions in tactics on all players as a team, substitutions, etc, etc. and in football the "red card" thing with less player/s on the field causing unequal competition and the "penalty" thing decision by refrees especially in additional (used to called "injury") minutes.

So at the end of the day, there is no easy pick due to the "well managed" handicap system.  In tennis, a 2-1 (best of 3 sets) or a 2-0 is a win.  In football/basketball a 1 goal/point, 2 goals/points............... is a win.  So when you think you see a strong team/player vs a "weak" team/player, there is still this handicap to clear.  You can't be betting on 1.10 to 1.20 win because in the long run, you will loose!  This is because of the conspiracy "theory" which is easy to "fix" 1 point, 2 point.......... as long as it is a win and in football a draw for a "strong" team which does not need to win.  So it is down to your luck NOT to be involved in these "conspired" matches unless you are a big time punter with insider info. These "conspiracy" things are facts as there are players/refrees caught and fined, jailed and/or banned.............. and shot (to deaf).  This thing even happened in the FIFA World Cup venue selection committee!

These are just my perspective.

On 1/31/2021 at 2:35 PM, DrO said:

even me. I bet mostly on the nba and each match is so fascinating. I know all the teams so it is easier to bet.