** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Jan 16th - 18th

eplratings.jpg

Here are the next round of matches in the Premier League that are coming up this weekend. Take a look at the odds and ratings then share your predictions and thoughts on the games with us! Bear in mind that most of these teams are playing again in midweek so squad rotation might come into play. :ok

Leeds United vs Brighton

Leeds United

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Robin Koch (11/0 d), Adam Forshaw (0/0 m), Gaetano Berardi (0/0 d)

Suspended: Kalvin Phillips (14/0 m)

Brighton

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Jason Steele (0/0 g), Jakub Moder (0/0 m), Adam Lallana (13/0 m, illness), Alireza Jahanbakhsh (11/0 f), Aaron Connolly (10/0 f), Danny Welbeck (9/2 f), Tariq Lamptey (11/1 d), Jose Izquierdo (0/0 f), Florin Andone (0/0 f)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Over/Under Goals
Leeds United
8 home games
Brighton
9 away games
63% Over 1.5 goals 78%
50% Over 2.5 goals 67%
38% Over 3.5 goals 22%
38% Over 4.5 goals 11%
25% Over 5.5 goals 11%
38% Under 1.5 goals 22%
50% Under 2.5 goals 33%
75% Over 0.5 goals at half-time 89%
50% Over 1.5 goals at half-time 33%
13% Over 2.5 goals at half-time 22%

Leicester City vs Southampton

The home side has a pretty tough schedule lately, but they managed to tie four games without a defeat. During that run, they played only once at the home ground and earned a 2:2 draw against Manchester United. The Foxes are still positioned in the top four, being four points behind the Red Devils. Jamie Vardy and the lads are among the most productive sides in the Premier League with 31 goals scored, while the hosts have played pretty decently in the back. However, Brendan Rodgers’s side needs to be more authoritative at the home ground, as they lost four times at King Power Stadium so far. They celebrated just once in the last four games at their pitch, and if they want to be competitive in the title race, they need to stop spilling points when playing at home. There are a couple of tough challenges ahead of Leicester City in January, and this period of the season might be a crucial one for the hosts.

Southampton sits in 7th place, but they have the chance to level up with their upcoming rivals if they celebrate a win. Danny Ings and the lads haven’t lost three times in a row, and they want to keep their unbeatable record. Interestingly, the visitors haven’t suffered a defeat on the previous five occasions at away grounds. In fact, Ralph Hasenhuttl’s side lost just one game on the road. They are one of the tightest defensive sides in the league, with 19 goals conceded so far. In the last three rounds, the Saints managed to keep the clean sheet. Southampton boosted the confidence with a narrow 1:0 victory over Liverpool in the latest game, and they want to keep up where they left off.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Both teams have been performing well lately and will search for new points on the run. It is going to be a tight clash, and we wouldn’t be surprised if the game ends in a draw.

Goals Market Prediction

The visitors have been involved in many low-scoring matches lately, and they will be focused more on defending their net. We saw just two goals in the away side’s last four fixtures, and we expect this game to remain under a 2.5 margin as well.

Draw @ 3.75

Under 2.5 FT @ 1.90

Correct score 1:1 @ 7.50

For me tomorrow a Double with Wolves and Chelsea.

Also i think we could see a low Scoring Game at London in WestHam-Burnley Game. Both are strong in Defensive and after what i saw against Stockport even if this was a rotated Starting XI i think WestHam are have Problems with strong Defensive Lines and/or against weaker Opponents on paper.

Also for me a Draw in Leicester-Saints Game - Leicester in last 2 Home Games against the Saints with Problems, but now they are stronger i think - but is this enough against this hard Nut of Saints who only Lost once away this Season - i don´t think so.

This has all the advantages of a very, very interesting football game, especially tara that Fulham comes from a great performance and result, with Tottenham. Chelsea's form has been disappointing in recent weeks, but we see Lampard's side win and take three points on Saturday.
FULHAM vs CHELSEA @@ CHELSEA, odds 1.55

Wolves vs West Brom

The first Black Country derby of the season is coming up at 12:30pm GMT on Saturday afternoon when local rivals Wolves and West Brom go head-to-head at Molineux. Neither side will be overly satisfied with their campaigns so far and it's set to be a clash of styles with the free-flowing play of the home side going up against the direct nature of the visiting team.

Wolves are still struggling to adapt to life without star striker and focal point Raul Jimenez. It's now just 1 win from their 8 league games with just 2 points earned from their last 5 league matches since the Mexican front man suffered a fractured skull and the side has now dropped to 14th in the league table. Nuno Espirito Santo will be pleased to have had Willy Boly and Adama Traore back in training yesterday and both players could be involved in this game. Defensive issues still plague the team with the club going 11 games without a clean sheet now. There is no doubt their fans will remember the last encounter between these sides at this ground. It was back in 2011/12 and ended in a 5-1 win for West Brom.

West Brom appointed Sam Allardyce as the man to replace former gaffer Slaven Bilic due to his reputation for saving clubs from relegation. Unfortunately, it's not quite been the start that the former England and Bolton manager would have hoped for. New signing Robert Snodgrass could make his debut but Conor Gallagher is suspended for this game. The Baggies have failed to win any of the 4 games Allardyce has been in charge and that includes losing three of those matches without scoring a goal. Over those 4 matches it's been an aggregate score of 13-1 to the opposition. It leaves the club down in 19th place and just 3 points off the bottom of the league table. Their defence is still a problem with the team suffering the worst goals conceded record in the division with 39 goals conceded in 17 league games. Scoring goals is also a problem mind with the team only managing 6 goals in their last 14 league matches.

The head-to-head meetings for these two teams don't present pleasant reading for Wolves fans over recent years with Wolves only winning 1 of the last 8 encounters with West Brom. It should be noted that the home side have experienced more turmoil over the past decade than their rivals and they're both in completely different places now. This is why I think Wolves have to be back for the win here. West Brom are playing like a team already relegated and I think the game has finally moved on to a level where Big Sam's magic no longer works.

Wolves to Win @ 1.83 with Novibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.63 with RedZone

West Ham vs Burnley

There are two 3pm GMT kick-offs in the Premier League on Saturday afternoon and the first of those I'll write a quick preview for is the clash between West Ham and Burnley at the London Stadium. You could argue that it's pretty much been par for the course for both of these sides so far but the prospect of further improving their league positions with a victory here will be a huge incentive.

West Ham are in 10th place and only 6 points off the pace of the Champions League qualification spots. The Hammers took the controversial decision to sell imposing striker Sebastien Haller to Ajax during the transfer window for a snip of the fee they paid for him. Speculation is rife over a potential replacement but it leaves the team slightly short up front for the time being. Centre back Frederik Alves from Danish club Silkeborg is the only arrival thus far but that is likely to change. David Moyes will be pleased to hopefully welcome back goalkeeper Lukasz Fabianski from injury. Centre back Fabian Balbuena is isolating though. It's just 1 defeat from their last 6 league matches. However, it is 3 games without a win at home for West Ham. If the team wins this game then it'll be just the second time in 28 years that they've won their first 3 competitive matches of a calendar year.

Burnley had started the season terribly but it seems like manager Sean Dyche has addressed a few issues that were happening. The Clarets up are to 16th in the table and 4 points clear of the relegation zone. Just 2 defeats from their last 7 league games has helped to lift them out of the bottom three but they do need to tread with caution because those 2 losses have come in their last 3 league matches and they have failed to score in both of those games. Old habits creeping back in perhaps? Away form remains a sticking point for Burnley with the club only winning 1 of their 8 away league games this season and failing to even score in 5 of the last 6 away league matches. If you're looking for an anytime scorer tip then Chris Wood has bagged 6 goals in 6 appearances against West Ham.

I'm interested to see how West Ham act in this transfer window. The right signings could turn this season into a successful one but the wrong moves could leave them vulnerable to dropping down and finishing in mid-table. Burnley are improving but have shown in recent games that problems still exist within the team. Unfortunately, investment doesn't look like it's coming any time soon so Dyche needs to deal with what he's got. I think this is West Ham's game to win and I think they should but Burnley won't make it easy.

West Ham to Win @ 1.88 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.87 with SBK

Leeds vs Brighton

One of the more intriguing matches coming up this weekend is the 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon between Leeds and Brighton at Elland Road. It's an interesting clash of footballing philosophies with the home team set to continue their highly intense pressing game against a visiting side that have won admirers for their attractive style of passing football.

Leeds are currently in 12th place and even though they have won a lot of praise for their gallant playing style they remain inconsistent and unable to display a plan B against teams that adapt to counter that set-up. 4 wins and 4 losses from their last 8 league games sums up the lack of consistency that plagues this Leeds team. Marcelo Bielsa faces picking a team without the suspended Kalvin Phillips. Centre back Diego Llorente is also back available after injury. It's not been a great start to the year for the Whites though with 3-0 losses to Tottenham in the league and League Two Crawley Town in the FA Cup 3rd Round. It's not all bad news though. Leeds have a chance to win 3 home Premier League games in a row for the first time since 2001 when they were managed by David O'Leary.

Brighton find themselves in a worrying situation right now. The Seagulls are down in 17th place and just 2 points above the relegation zone with 18th placed Fulham boasting two games in hand. Graham Potter's side may well be playing nice football but it's not getting enough victories. The team are hampered by injuries at the moment with half a dozen first team players ruled out but they will welcome back Yves Bissouma after suspension. It's 9 league games without a win now and worryingly their last 4 league wins have come on the road, not at home. Scoring goals has generally been a problem for Brighton and even though they average 12.3 shots on goal per game they've only got a shots to shots on target ratio of 28%.

I do fear for Brighton this season. They have just about done enough to stay up in their previous three seasons in the Premier League but in each of those campaigns they were at least 6 points better off after 19 league games so they are worse off at this stage than any of those campaigns. Leeds will be keen to make amends after the cup defeat last weekend and I think they'll be going all out here. This could be a humdinger of a game and I think Leeds are more likely to take their chances than Brighton in what could be another high-scoring game.

Leeds to Win @ 2.38 with SBK

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.70 with SBK

Leeds United v Brighton 16/01/2021

Leeds will survive this season, playing a brand of football that is entertaining. At least they give it a go, and won't die wondering.

Brighton play semi-decent football. Pretty well organised at the back, but so totally toothless up front. If they carry on doing this in the 2nd half of the season, Fulham (and WBA) will probably go past them and they will be relegated. They need to open the purse strings and buy a striker that can finish chances and score goals... or be relegated! I see more of the same against a strong running Leeds side. Pretty patterns, huffing and puffing with no end-product. I don't think Brighton score here, and they probably lose a close game 1-0 or 2-0.

Home Win : Odds 2.2

Leicester v Southampton 16/01/2021

Leicester will look back at their home form this season and wonder how they lost to Everton, Fulham, Aston Villa and West Ham. They have just 2 clean sheets in 8 games.

Saints on the road are a tough nut to crack. They are undefeated in 7away league games. They also have a problem keeping clean sheets with just 1 away CS this season. Not much between these teams, but Sainst are yet to play a really good 90 minutes. Also, that 9-0 thumping be Leicester, should still be burning them. Hasenhuttl (no umlaut available), should have no trouble motivating his team here. Ings makes a big difference to this Saints team. An any time goal scorer looks a decent bet, as he probably be the penalty taker as well. Should make for interesting viewing.

Away Win : Odds 4.75

Fulham vs Chelsea

The big derby game this weekend after the Black Country derby... and the Manchester United versus Liverpool game... is the West London derby between Fulham and Chelsea at 5:30pm GMT on Saturday evening from Craven Cottage. Good news for Fulham fans is that they don't need to worry about whether they'll have to sit in the home end, away end, or neutral stand for this fixture!

Fulham are certainly making themselves a tough team to beat. Was I too harsh and too premature stating that they were relegation fodder? You could argue that they've gone 5 league games unbeaten including picking up draws against Liverpool and Tottenham but you can also argue that they've not won in 6 league games, have only scored 3 goals during that run, and remain in 18th place and 2 points from safety... and this is the Cottagers now apparently on a decent run. Scott Parker will be pleased that his side ground out a 1-1 draw away to Tottenham in midweek but this is another tough challenge. Aleksandar Mitrovic, Mario Lemina, and Tom Cairney are all absent. It's now 18 league games without a win in London derbies for Fulham in the Premier League.

Chelsea had hoped this season would bring the glory days back to Stamford Bridge with excessive spending during the summer but things aren't quite going to plan for Frank Lampard's side. The Blues are down in 9th place and 6 points off the European qualification spots. Just 1 win in 6 league games in a run that has included 4 losses shows just how dire the situation is for the team. If Chelsea lose this game then it'll be the first time since 2000 that they've lost 4 away league games in a row. The fact Lampard won't be able to call upon central midfielder N'Golo Kante doesn't help but Timo Werner ending a goal drought of 827 minutes against Morecambe in the FA Cup 3rd Round last weekend is a positive.

Even though Fulham are hugely improved and Chelsea are faltering I still feel this is a huge gulf in class. Fair play, Fulham have done well to grind out these draws but if this is as good as it gets for the London side then they're screwed. I still don't think I can bring myself to back them to win this one. I am wary that another draw might be on the cards but I'd like to think that even a Chelsea lacking confidence will scrape a win here.

Chelsea HT/FT @ 2.54 with SBK

Anytime Scorer: Timo Werner @ 2.43 with Unibet

2 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

I am still adamant that football has moved on from Sam Allardyce! My mate who is a Wolves fan has said the owners have been asleep at the wheel and this result was a long-time coming but he still felt it was a game they should have won. Disappointing!

WBA are becoming a typical Allerdyce team. They lost 1-0 to Man United (I think Fenandes dubious penalty  before Allerdyce), and got away draws at Liverpool and Man City. So this was not an unexpected result. My feeling is Allerdyce would not have taken the job if he knew Albion could not escape relegation. I had the WBA win  at odds of 6. Wolves cannot sell the likes of Jota, lose Jimenez and not get in replacements.

Leicester vs Southampton

The last game being played in the Premier League on Saturday kicks off at 8pm GMT when Leicester play Southampton at the King Power Stadium. Both of these two teams are in the hunt for European qualification this season and a win here will certainly boost their aspirations against a positional rival. Can either team come away with all three points from this game?

Leicester just aren't going away for the big teams at the top end of the Premier League table. Brendan Rodgers' side have bounced back from disappointing results a few times this season to show just how mentally strong they've become. The Foxes are in 4th place and only 4 points behind league leaders Manchester United. It's now 4 league games unbeaten for the club and with both Jamie Vardy and James Maddison set to overcome injury concerns the team is well set for today. Home form remains a concern for Leicester with just 1 win coming from their last 4 home league games. The fact that only 2 of Vardy's 11 league goals scored this season have come at home is also disconcerting.

Southampton come into this game in 7th place and just 3 points behind their opponents but it's not all optimistic for Ralph Hasenhuttl's side. The Saints are going to have to play without top scorer Danny Ings again due to the striker testing positive for covid-19 and needing to isolate. A number of other first team players are also doubtful including Nathan Redmond, Moussa Djenepo, Jannik Vestergaard, and Oriol Romeu. The exciting news is that the team could set a new club record of 7 straight away matches without defeat. They have lost just 1 of their last 7 league games and have kept 3 consecutive clean sheets in the league. Still, the one concern is that Southampton have only scored 1 goal in their last 4 league games.

The key statistic here is the lack of potency from Southampton in front of goal. I'm adamant that Leicester will score tonight and I simply can't convince myself that Southampton will score as many, if at all, without Ings in the squad. This is a huge opportunity for the home team to keep the pressure on the teams above them and improve a poor home record.

Leicester to Win @ 1.95 with William Hill

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.99 with SBK

Sheffield United vs Tottenham

The first game scheduled to be played in the Premier League on Sunday was Aston Villa versus Everton but due to a covid-19 outbreak in Dean Smith's squad that game has been postponed. So the first fixture coming up tomorrow is between Sheffield United and Tottenham in a 2pm GMT kick-off at Bramall Lane. Can the home team build on their first league win of the season against a stuttering visiting side?

Sheffield United finally came good for me last weekend but it wasn't a win over Newcastle without its hairy moments. I'm pleased that Chris Wilder's side have now got that first win of the season under their belts but West Brom's win over Wolves earlier means the Blades are back to being 6 points adrift of the team above them. That win and the 3-2 win over Bristol Rovers in the FA Cup 3rd Round has made it back-to-back wins for the team after 21 matches without a victory. However, the negative stats are still lingering. Defeat here would be the first time United have lost 8 top flight home matches in a row since the 1975/76 campaign.

Tottenham had looked like potential title contender and even though that still can't be ruled out it's not looking likely. Spurs are down in 6th place now and 6 points off the title pace after picking up just 1 win from their last 6 league games. Jose Mourinho's men are also without a win in their last 4 away league games with just 3 goals being scored in those matches. My concern for Tottenham in this game is that they'll be going from the tempo of their FA Cup 3rd Round game against Marine to facing a far more intense opponent in Sheffield United. Granted, not many of the players that played in that win over Marine will be starting this game but it's a stark change of opponent. A statistic that Tottenham fans should be wary of is that their team have not beaten United at Bramall Lane in 7 attempts since 1975.

My feelings are torn here. I feel the statistics and recent form suggest this could be a difficult game for both teams but could end up with a draw being contested. United have still remained tough to break down even when they've not been winning or drawing and against an out-of-form Tottenham it could provide the perfect game scenario for the home team to sneak a result. That being said, Mourinho's sides are notorious for labouring to narrow 1-0 wins in matches like this. That's exactly what I think could happen here especially with United reportedly missing up to 7 first team squad players for this game.

Tottenham to Win to Nil @ 2.62 with SpreadEx

Anytime Scorer: Son Heung-min @ 2.50 with Betfair

Liverpool vs Manchester United

Liverpool’s form has severely dropped lately, and the hosts haven’t tasted the win in the previous three rounds. Everybody expected them to beat West Brom easily, but Big Sam snatched the point from the Reds at Anfield. Liverpool struggled again away to Newcastle United in the game that finished in a goalless draw, while they lost against Southampton in the latest round. This poor streak saw them slipping to the 2nd spot, being three points behind their fiercest rivals. Obviously, Mo Salah and the lads struggle to find the back of the oppositions’ net lately, and Jurgen Klopp needs to address that issue urgently. Liverpool had a perfect home record when playing at the home ground until the game against West Brom. The hosts had more than a week to prepare for this derby clash, and we will see if they are capable of getting back on the winning track.

On the other hand, Manchester United took advantage of their rivals’ hiccups and climber to the top spot. That sounded like science fiction after just a couple of rounds at the start of the season. Nevertheless, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side tied eleven games without being defeated, and during that run, they missed the chance to win only twice. A 2:0 loss against Manchester City in the EFL Cup doesn’t hurt the visitors too much, as they managed to pick up where they left off in the Premier League. Bruno Fernandes and the lads haven’t been too efficient lately, but their defensive work was on the spot as they conceded just once on the last four occasions. Although the Red Devils struggled at Old Trafford at the beginning of the campaign, they improved the home record. When it comes to playing away from home, United has been impeccable, as they allowed just a point to their hosts. The away side has the chance to increase its advantage on the table if they win this game.

Even though they have been putting excellent home performances, Liverpool has been pretty inconsistent lately. Manchester United might take advantage of that to remain undefeated in this derby match.

Goals Market Prediction

Both teams have been involved in pretty tight games lately, except Liverpool’s 4:1 victory against Aston Villa in FA Cup. Also, their last three head-to-head clashes remained under a 2.5 margin, and this one shouldn’t be much different.

Draw @ 3.80

Under 2.5 FT @ 2.20

Correct score 1:1 @ 8.00

Liverpool vs Manchester United

Undoubtedly, the biggest game in the Premier League this weekend is the clash between Liverpool and Manchester United at 4:30pm GMT on Sunday afternoon. It's a potential title decider between 1st and 3rd in the table. Will either of these two sides come away with a win or are we looking at a game where both teams could cancel each other out? It's set to be an exciting one!

Liverpool are slowly starting to get their injured players back to full fitness. Jurgen Klopp's men are 3rd in the table and just 3 points behind league leaders and opponents for today Manchester United. Joel Matip could make a return to the first team which would bolster the Reds' defensive unit. The worrying statistic for Liverpool is that they've already dropped 18 points this season and that's more than they dropped over the previous two campaigns. Liverpool haven't started a calendar year with back-to-back league losses since 1993 and Klopp himself hasn't lost back-to-back league games as Liverpool manager yet. One admirable fact is that Liverpool have won 11 league games at home in a row against the establish top six sides.

Manchester United are currently top of the Premier League table and 1 point clear of 2nd placed Leicester. A win here would extend that lead to 4 points. It would be a huge statement from the Red Devils if they secured victory here. Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has a strong squad at his disposal with only Phil Jones and Brandon Williams ruled out. Are times changing at United with this being the first time they've topped the table this late in the season since their title-winning campaign under Sir Alex Ferguson in 2012/13. It's now 11 league games undefeated for United. Even though United's away record this season is incredible with 7 wins and 1 draw from their 8 league games on the road they are yet to win a league game this season against any of the other established top six this season. This is also a game that could deliver an unwanted record for Solskjaer. If he fails to win this game then he'll become just the third United manager to fail to win any of his first four league games against Liverpool. The other two managers being John Chapman and Tommy Docherty.

I'm really looking forward to this game. It's only been 1 win in their last 10 encounters with Liverpool for Manchester United. It's also four league games without a win for United over Liverpool. The recent history books don't read well for United fans but they do have arguably the most in-form player in the league with Bruno Fernandes. Unfortunately, I think Liverpool will do a job at keeping him quiet and will have enough to secure a solid win.

Liverpool to Win @ 2.00 with Betfred

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.65 with SportNation

Manchester City vs Crystal Palace

The third and final game taking place in the Premier League on Sunday is the 7:15pm GMT kick-off between title chasing Manchester City and mid-table Crystal Palace at the Etihad Stadium. It's hard to see anything other than a solid home win here but the away side have a track record of coming to this ground and turning the hosts over in shocking fashion.

Manchester City are starting to find their groove this season now. Pep Guardiola's men started slowly but they're now up to 4th place in the league table and just 4 points behind league leaders Manchester United with a game in hand. 6 wins and 2 draws from their last 8 league matches has been key in their storming move up the table. It's now 14 games unbeaten across all competitions. The defensive unit has really tightened up and conceded just 3 goals in over 21 hours and 25 minutes of football. It's also 5 clean sheets in their last 8 home league matches and it's now just 1 loss in their last 21 home matches in all competitions. The Citizens are without the trio of Sergio Aguero, Aymeric Laporte, and Nathan Ake for this game.

Crystal Palace fans will come into this game optimistic that they can defy the odds. Many of us fondly remember that worldy hit from Andros Townsend that helped seal a 3-2 win over City at this venue on 22nd December, 2018. The Eagles will need all the inspiration they can muster with the club down in 13th place and having just taken 1 win from their last 7 league matches. The positive news is that they are unbeaten in 3 league games and they have kept back-to-back clean sheets in the league. Away form is a problem though with Roy Hodgson's side failing to even score in 4 of their last 6 league matches on the road.

If there is one mid-table side that could take a surprise win here then it's Crystal Palace. Not only have they won here before themselves but Hodgson himself has tasted victory at the Etihad Stadium on three different occasions. I just think Manchester City are hitting a purple and right now I can totally understand why some people are backing them as potential title winners. It's tough to see anyone beating them right now.

Manchester City HT/FT @ 1.67 with SBK

Manchester City to Win to Nil @ 1.90 with BetVictor

De Bruyne can be backed at evens with Hills for an assist and at 21/20 with Uni not to get one. Too close to call for me though if you gave me a free bet on the market I'd narrowly favour the evens.

6/1 with Lads the best I've seen for a "screamer" (goal from outside the box) and 11/2 for 2+ shots on target from outside the box with PP was worth a second look.

3 hours ago, harry_rag said:

De Bruyne can be backed at evens with Hills for an assist and at 21/20 with Uni not to get one. Too close to call for me though if you gave me a free bet on the market I'd narrowly favour the evens.

6/1 with Lads the best I've seen for a "screamer" (goal from outside the box) and 11/2 for 2+ shots on target from outside the box with PP was worth a second look.

Great scouting, Harry. I hope that the De Bruyne assist was picked up by someone. That one took a whole 26 minutes to come in. Disappointing from you there! :lol

Arsenal vs Newcastle United

Arsenal has improved a lot lately, and the Gunners snatched ten points from the last four fixtures. They moved up from the humiliating 15th spot and currently sit in 11th place. The hosts were in deep trouble until Boxing Day, when they celebrated a vital 3:1 victory over Chelsea. The winning streak continued against Brighton and West Brom, and Arsenal played both games at the away ground. However, Crystal Palace managed to resist and take a point in their latest match at Emirates Stadium. Rob Holding and the lads managed to keep the clean sheet three times in a row, and Arsenal improved their defense lately. On the other hand, the forwards woke up and netted four goals at Birmingham against WBA. They just need to be more consistent, and Arsenal could get involved in the battle for the Europa League place next season. Although the hosts haven’t lost three times in a row at their ground, they booked just one win. Arsenal needs to put much better performances at Emirates Stadium if they want to finish in the top half of the table.

Newcastle United struggles this season as they sit in 15th place, being seven points above the relegation zone. What should worry the away fans is Newcastle’s winless run that reached eight matches in all competitions. During that poor streak, the Magpies picked up only two points. Steve Bruce’s side struggles in the final third as it scored only two goals in the last seven fixtures. Callum Wilson is the only productive player in the attacking line as he netted eight times, but he needs more support from teammates. Newcastle faced Arsenal just nine days ago in FA Cup and lost in the extra-time. Newcastle booked three straight defeats on the road, and the team needs much better performances if they don’t want to fall into relegation trouble.

It seems that Arsenal overcame the crisis, and the Gunners are considered favorites in this game. Newcastle. We believe they will meet the expectations and book another three points against struggling Newcastle.

Goals Market Prediction

Arsenal has been much more successful in their latest head-to-head matches and managed to keep the clean sheet four times in a row. Newcastle has been involved in many tight clashes lately, and we think this one could stay under a 2.5 margin.

Arsenal to win @ 1.45

Under 2.5 FT @ 2.00

Correct score 2:0 @ 7.00

37 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Great scouting, Harry. I hope that the De Bruyne assist was picked up by someone. That one took a whole 26 minutes to come in. Disappointing from you there! :lol

Yeah, I was looking for odds against so no bet for me, last time I was going to take 6/5 but it was cut to evens. Worth keeping an eye on.