Announcements
** February Poker League Result : 1st juanmoment, 2nd Rivrd, 3rd the_dak **
** Last Man Standing Results - drew005 wins £250 / Wishy wins £50 **
** January Naps Competition Result: 1st SILVER FOX, 2nd LIKE A ROUGHIE, 3rd DAISYCHAIN, 4th MRJOL. KO Cup Winner GLAVINTOBY, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Non-League Predictions > January 16th

At this stage I have just 3 bets for Saturday although given no one has priced up the 2 National League games and only Bet365 have priced up the FA Trophy matches, and not even all of them, so there could be more to follow.

Chorley v Farsley Celtic

Given I can't see the Chorley groundsman sleeping on the pitch in a tent to make sure the pitch is playable this week, there is every chance that this game could be off given the forecast. If it is on though I like the away side. Chorley will clearly have one eye on the FA Cup and I think it showed on Tuesday night when losing to Leamington. Farsley are having a similar season to last time in that they are performing with great credit without looking quite good enough for the play-offs. They played their first game since December 28th on Tuesday night and beat Darlington 1-0 and they look over priced for this.

Hampton & Richmond v Ebbsfleet

As I wrote last week I have been impressed by Hampton of late despite the fact their home form on paper looks poor. I think it is only a matter of time before they pick up 3 points at home and that could come against Ebbsfleet. I think Hampton are the better of the two teams and although I wouldn't want to go that much shorter I would make them clear favourites so the 6/4 is worth taking.

Slough v Braintree

Now I do worry a bit about Braintree's away form and they did lose on December 28th when I put them up to beat Billericay, but they have done really well in their last two home games, beating Dartford and performing well against a good Oxford City side when losing 2-1 on Tuesday. They continue to improve the squad as well and this does look a good opportunity to get 3 points on their travels. Slough have not played since losing to Dartford on penalties in the FA Trophy a month ago. That is a huge amount of time to have had off and they were hardly in great form prior to the break having only won 2 games all season. Maybe they will come back refreshed and ready to kick start their season, but I am more than happy to back Braintree at a huge 18/5. I would have them around the 7/4-2/1 mark myself.

Farsley 1pt @ 9/4 with William Hill

Hampton & Richmond 1pt @ 6/4 Bet365

Braintree 2pts @ 18/5 with Betfair/BetVictor

Not a great deal of value around in the FA Trophy, but I do think the Step 3/4 sides will find it very tough given they can't train and haven't played since the last round. Teams have found it hard to keep players as well especially Hornchurch as Step 3 players have looked for game time at Step 2 sides. On that basis I am going to take Kings Lynn to win at Hornchurch, Oxford City to beat Haringey and Hereford to win at Stafford.

Kings Lynn, Oxford City and Hereford 1pt treble @ 4.25/1 with Betfair

The Hereford game is now on Tuesday. It seems some bookies have voided it, but I would imagine Bet365 for example will just keep it live for Tuesday night.

I am adding a bet after a drift this morning in the FA Trophy. Weymouth look a big price at 15/8 against Darlington with Bet365. Not really sure how anyone can make Darlington favourites as they have at least 1 player missing due to Covid and others were struggling to get the time off to play in the game. I would have had the prices how they were originally so happy to take a chance on the home side.

Weymouth 1pt @ 15/8 with Bet365