** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Making Novelty Bets

Hi, Can anyone suggest how to go about getting odds on unusual novelty bets?

I have recently tried to get odds on a couple of novelty bets with Ladbrookes and William Hill and other major bookmakers using their custom bets requests hashtags on Twitter (for example odds that certain rugby players will start at certain positions in some games), which seem like much less whacky bets than those mentioned in the following article on unique bets (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-18769451), but they are not being priced up.

Thanks.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to Making Novelty Bets
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2021 at 12:52 PM, califauna said:

Also looking for odds on certain teams reaching the final.

I'd give you better odds on getting a response to that question if you told us the sport and, maybe even, the competition in question! ;) 

As it stands it's such a vague query that it's unlikely to elicit a response.

As to your opening post, I doubt there's much anyone else can add. If you've tried the available channels with no joy then it's unlikely you're going to get offered prices. The bookies may be concerned that you have inside info for such a "binary" bet whereas they are more comfortable pricing the weird and whacky on the assumption that no-one could have knowledge of, or influence, the outcome.