** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Pricing your own race

On 3/11/2021 at 12:07 PM, Villa Chris said:

The Ultima Handicap Chase, Cheltenham 

Coko Beach 9.9 ,12/1

Remastered 8.5 ,11/1

Storm Control 8 ,20/1 

Just Your Type 7.7, 66/1

Aye Right 7.55, 10/1 

Milan Native 7.5, 16/1 

The Irish have a poor record in this race so that leaves question marks over Coko Beach and Milan Native. Coko Beach is also rated 151 so will be carrying too much weight, along with Aye Right who is 154. Storm Control and Just Your Type seem too exposed to win this with the latter only rated 132 and fell on his only run at Cheltenham. Storm Control has got a very good course record though and rated a nice 142 which is the average rating of the winner of this race. Remastered seems to tick a lot of trends, although hasn’t ran at festival before which is a negative . 

Will review ratings once final decs are set in stone 

I've rated the race 4 times now with diff criteria ...I.e recent form ....course form ...class  etc and I've pointed the most common horses .....

Happygolucky   8.8 

Coko beach   8.6 

Remastered   8.4 

Happy crops up on all 4....coko and remastered on 3 of 4 ....

Now I know coko has been backed into 8/1 .....is he running ???....cos 20.0 available still on betfair 

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

I've rated the race 4 times now with diff criteria ...I.e recent form ....course form ...class  etc and I've pointed the most common horses .....

Happygolucky   8.8 

Coko beach   8.6 

Remastered   8.4 

Happy crops up on all 4....coko and remastered on 3 of 4 ....

Now I know coko has been backed into 8/1 .....is he running ???....cos 20.0 available still on betfair 

We’ll find out tomorrow. I’ve read he’s probably not. The Irish have a terrible record in this race. It’s just not a race they are bothered about, but if he runs then you’d think he’s got as much chance as any of the other fancied horses. 

14 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

We’ll find out tomorrow. I’ve read he’s probably not. The Irish have a terrible record in this race. It’s just not a race they are bothered about, but if he runs then you’d think he’s got as much chance as any of the other fancied horses. 

I've looked at his entries and its ultima or couple of nothing races .....illbe surprised if he doesnt go for it tbh 

14 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

I've looked at his entries and its ultima or couple of nothing races .....illbe surprised if he doesnt go for it tbh 

A load have dropped out of the Ultima . No coko beach either. The supreme/arkle/champion hurdle are disappointedly small fields 

Edited by Villa Chris

16 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

A load have dropped out of the Ultima . No coko beach either. The supreme/arkle/champion hurdle are disappointedly small fields 

I'll have to rerate everything one last time tonight .....ridiculous.....they need to start doing 5 day entries ....people have been asking for that for ages ....

21 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

What's going on .???....8 runners in the supreme???...I've never seen that ever ....well that's pulled the rug out ....

Edited by richard-westwood

Final ratings for The Ultima 

Aye Right 7.55 3rd 

Milan Native 7.5

Fingerontheswitch 7.4

Vintage Clouds 7.35 won 

Happygolucky 7.25 2nd 

One For The Team 7.2 5th 

Pym 7.05

Sky are paying 7 places so I’ve put top 7 rated up . Aye Right was 5th rated and luckily I gambled on him being closer to the top and it’s paid off. The 4 rated above him have all dropped out. He’s currently 11/2 but I got on him at 10/1. Milan Native I will also play.  3rd and 4th are a good price but surely too old and exposed to win this. 

Aye Right 10/1 ew 

Milan Native 9/1 ew 

Vintage Clouds 20/1 ew(added this morning on another thread 

Edited by Villa Chris

Supreme final ratings 

Appreciate It 8.25

Metier 8

Ballyadam 8

These 3 clear of the rest and the field has completely broken up which is not great . Appreciate It might be left to make the pace which is no problem for him at all, but pity it’s such a small field. I’ll play the top 3 as sky are offering money back and I’ll use Metier as my money back bet. Paying 3 places on the place money 

Appreciate It 6/1

Ballyadam 12/1 ew 

Metier 4/1(money back if loses)

Edited by Villa Chris

Ultima final ratings 

Happygolucky  8.5 

Cepage  8.2 

Discordantly  7.9 

One for the team  7.6 

Aye right       7.5 

Well....with a load of races cutting up I may as well just concentrate of the big hcaps and just go for the big win .....already got happygo at 7/1 for 20pts .....cepage has consistently cropped up across all ratings ...I think hes a bit high but it's a strange year so I can see trends being busted this year      I'll take a big chance on discordantky ...poor recent form figures but was running well at this distance before falling so if can get round is looking well hcaaped currently ... 3 against field 

Happygolucky ..already backed 20pt win 7/1 

Cepage 20pt win 20.0 betfair 

Discordantly 20pt win 17.0 betfair 

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

Ultima final ratings 

Happygolucky  8.5 

Cepage  8.2 

Discordantly  7.9 

One for the team  7.6 

Aye right       7.5 

Well....with a load of races cutting up I may as well just concentrate of the big hcaps and just go for the big win .....already got happygo at 7/1 for 20pts .....cepage has consistently cropped up across all ratings ...I think hes a bit high but it's a strange year so I can see trends being busted this year      I'll take a big chance on discordantky ...poor recent form figures but was running well at this distance before falling so if can get round is looking well hcaaped currently ... 3 against field 

Happygolucky ..already backed 20pt win 7/1 

Cepage 20pt win 20.0 betfair 

Discordantly 20pt win 17.0 betfair 

Cepage I got at 24.0 ...changed as I put it on ....that's got to be value 

On 3/11/2021 at 10:13 AM, richard-westwood said:

2nd hcap of the Tuesday Boodles juvenile 

Saint sam  8.6 7/1 11/2 no value 

Busselton 8.1 10/1 8/1 no value 

Tinnahslla 7.6 12/1 20/1 good value

Nassalam 7.6 12/1 12/1 value

Hous gris  7.5  12/1 5/1 poor value 

Coltor   7.2 13/1 9/1 no value 

Overall I cant see past the top 2 here ...both were beaten by quixiloios which us no shame and with improvement to come I think the others might struggle to take these 2 on .....could go ew but strong bets so I'll be going 20pt wins 11/2 and 8/1 

Added tinnahalla 10pt win at 33/1 be cause looks crazy value .....and another outsider her indoors who I like as a potential improver 10pt at 32.0 betfair .....that's this race covered I can move on to weds now ??

OK, my dart at the Ultima. 

Pym                     19.7    

Happygolucky     18.6

Cepage               18.45

Aye Right            18.35

Alnadam             16.25

OK Corral           16.05

Milan Native       15.80

Vintage Clouds   15.40

My odds range 11/1 to 15/1. Pym and Cepage both value bets. Struggle to get any prices down near 5/1 may need a rethink.

11 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Final ratings for The Ultima 

Aye Right 7.55

Milan Native 7.5

Fingerontheswitch 7.4

Vintage Clouds 7.35

Happygolucky 7.25

One For The Team 7.2

Pym 7.05

Sky are paying 7 places so I’ve put top 7 rated up . Aye Right was 5th rated and luckily I gambled on him being closer to the top and it’s paid off. The 4 rated above him have all dropped out. He’s currently 11/2 but I got on him at 10/1. Milan Native I will also play.  3rd and 4th are a good price but surely too old and exposed to win this. 

Aye Right 10/1 ew 

Milan Native 9/1 ew 

Glad to see you have  Fingerontheswitch & Vintage Clouds in your ratings that the two i have backed e/w for 7 places at 33/1 & 16/1....not too old for me many a good tune played on an old fiddle.

Edited by Tedthewolf
Wrong price put in.

Final bets for day 1 

Supreme 

Metier already backed 20pt ew 7/1 

I think fav will be hard to beat but metier is training well at home and ready to give it his best 

Champion hurdle 

Sticking with the girls....honeysuckle I have 20pts 3/1 .....epatante who I think will win 20pt at 9/2 

Ultima 

Happygolucky   

Cepage 

Discordantly 

20pt on each 

Boodles 

Saint sam 

Busselton 

Her indoors 

Tinnahalla none runner...replaced with sage advice 

Grandxannual weds 

Chosen mate  7.4

Western miller  7.2 

Embittered     7.1 

Ibleo 7

Skypirate    7

Us and them 6.8 

Wide open as youd expect....western Miller is 50/1 .....has ti improve on recent form but I'll go for it .....its cheltenham you never know 

Too 3 20pt wins ...14/1 .... 50/1 ...6/1 

53 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Final bets for day 1 

Supreme 

Metier already backed 20pt ew 7/1 

I think fav will be hard to beat but metier is training well at home and ready to give it his best 

Champion hurdle 

Sticking with the girls....honeysuckle I have 20pts 3/1 .....epatante who I think will win 20pt at 9/2 

Ultima 

Happygolucky   

Cepage 

Discordantly 

20pt on each 

Boodles 

Saint sam 

Busselton 

Her indoors 

Tinnahalla none runner...replaced with sage advice 

Thanks for doing this haven't had time with work and home life so busy and doing my.main stuff.

1 minute ago, Villa Chris said:

Will sort through day two handicaps tonight. I’ve decided a lot of the graded races I’m not going to bother. I find it hard to rate some of them up for example the boodles, and others have just fell apart and no value really.

Yeah that's why I'm sticking mainly to a couple of big hcaps a day ....I'll watch the other races with the usual excitement but it's the excitement of chasing the big win for me ...won or lose 

13 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Yeah that's why I'm sticking mainly to a couple of big hcaps a day ....I'll watch the other races with the usual excitement but it's the excitement of chasing the big win for me ...won or lose 

I’m hoping I can get back early tomorrow for it. Most of my money will be going on handicaps now. The Stayers hurdle will be good to rate which is a grade 1. 

2 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Coral cup weds 

Craigniche...7.8

Thomas Darby  7.7 

Botox has   7.3

Monte carlo  7.3

Grand Roi   7.3 

Boreham bill  7.1 

After applying trends I'm left with 

Craigniche 12/1 

Botox has 16/1 

Grand Roi 7/1 

20pt on each 

Been keeping an eye on Botox Has for a bit now. Form has dropped but I fancy him to run at big race at a course he’s proven at. Hopefully he rated high on my ratings

Grand Annual Challenge Cup 

Ben Doran 8.35

Sky Pirate 8

Duc Des Genievres 7.75

Entoucas 7.6

Us And Them 7.6

Or Juana De Somoza 7.45

Amoola Gold 7.3

Theinval 7.2

Really like Gordon Elliotts  Or Juana De Somaza at 33/1 for this . He has a cracking record in handicaps at the festival . 

Edited by Villa Chris