** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Tuesday 5th January

Not a lot of quailty racing in the non handicap races today.

Last night I took a bet of £7 to win at 6/4 about La Tihaty in the 1.10 at Lingfield. It has now been smashed into 5/6 in the betting market.  This is Roger Varian's horse and the trainer has a good record at this track.  I have been caught out at least a couple of times  in backing a horse on the strength of just one run, so I'll wait and see what happens. Melody Of Life has drifted from 11/8 to 2/1 from the overnight position.  Even at this price an insurance bet doesn't look worthwhile.  I have had a small bet of £2.50 to win on Escapement at 5/1 just in case this one sprouts wings for Richard Kingscote who is in outstanding form at present

The only other selection I could find was Radrizzani in the 6.10 at Wolves.  This horse is way ahead on ratings, however, it flopped last time when favourite so one has to keep the faith with it.  I'd rather keep my money in my betting bank.  It looks as though it has at least two worthwhile live contenders so I am not backing it.

Good luck to the brave people playing today 

I rather feel that I'm the last man standing today

I fully understand with the new national lockdown coming into force.

The powers that be should not have allowed the schools, colleges and universities to go back in September.  I wonder if they feel any guilt about all the increased casualties of and loss of life to Covid 19 since?