** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Jan 12th - 16th

champratings.jpg

The next round of Championship matches might be a couple of weeks away with this weekend being allocated to the FA Cup 3rd Round but it's never too early to get the discussion going. Check out the odds and ratings above then share your predictions with us here! Also, if any of you have mates that are supporters of Championship clubs then we would value their expert opinions, even if they're not overly interested in betting. Every bit of knowledge helps! Try to get them involved in the chat if you can! :ok

I know there's an FA Cup game next but looking at the next Championship games I do wonder how Boro are evens to beat Birmingham. (12:30 16th Jan).

Boro have been in very decent form, while Birmingham have looked relegation fodder. I've taken the early price with Skybet as I can only see them getting shorter (already odds on everywhere else).

I think the bookies are wary of two very direct and ugly tactical approaches clashing and nullifying each other. I share your view, @yossa6133, that I also like Aitor Karanka but it's just not working for him at Birmingham. I feel that club is rotten to the core and I'm not sure who can get them performing without serious financial overhaul. I also always have to back a Neil Warnock side on their own patch!

Bristol City vs Preston NE

Bristol City

Doubtful: Jack Hunt (20/2 d)

Out (injuries/other): Aden Baldwin (0/0 d), Marley Watkins (0/0 m), Kasey Palmer (0/0 m, Covid-19), Jamie Paterson (14/3 f), Callum O’Dowda (16/0 m), Chris Brunt (12/0 m), Andreas Weimann (7/2 f), Jay Dasilva (9/1 d), Steven Sessegnon (2/0 d), Joe Williams (0/0 d), Liam Walsh (0/0 m), Nathan Baker (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Preston NE

Doubtful: Scott Sinclair (20/7 m, top scorer), Ben Pearson (9/0 m), Daniel Johnson (17/3 m), Ben Davies (15/0 d)

Out (injuries/other): Declan Rudd (22/0 first goalkeeper), Louis Moult (0/0 f), Billy Bodin (1/0 m), Patrick Bauer (12/1 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
Bristol City
11 home games
Preston NE
11 away games
0.9 Goals scored per game 1.8
0.9 Goals conceded per game 1.6
36% Clean sheets 27%
64% Team scored 91%
27% Team scored twice 55%
18% Scored in both halves 18%
27% Goal in both halves 73%

Cardiff vs Norwich

The Championship delivers a full schedule this weekend and it's Cardiff versus Norwich in a 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon that is taking my attention with the action taking place at the Cardiff City Stadium. It was only a few weeks ago that the visiting team schooled us on their own turf and, I'm not going to lie, I'm still not feeling very optimistic as a City fan.

Cardiff are still struggling. The FA Cup 3rd Round defeat to Nottingham Forest continued to show that we're a team lacking in the final third that also has an ineffective central midfield and a back-line that can be inconsistent. Neil Harris is on borrowed time with many fans wondering why we've not looked to replace him already. There are rumours that Kieffer Moore and Jordi Osei-Tutu could return to the first team but captain Sean Morrison is still out injured. The club is down in 15th place and it's 4 games lost in a row across all competitions now. It seems bizarre that we're set to complete the double signing of Max Watters from Crawley Town and Frederic Guilbert from Aston Villa when Harris may very well not be in charge in a week or so time.

Norwich are a complete contrast to Cardiff right now. Daniel Farke's men are 1st in the table and they're further proof that sticking with your manager after you're relegated from the Premier League can be worth the commitment. The Canaries have won 6 of their last 8 league games and they're now 4 points clear at the top of the table ahead of second placed Swansea. Scoring goals is still something Farke will want to see his team improve on with the club having scored an average of just 1.34 goals per game this season. That includes scoring just 2 goals in their last 3 league matches.

The score was 2-0 to Norwich when these two sides met just before Christmas on 19th December at Carrow Road. It was a one-sided game where the hosts probably should have scored more. Not a lot has changed since that game and I still feel that, under Harris, we're a team that aren't going to improve massively now. The team looks short on ideas, quality, and confidence. Norwich are going back up this season. I'm fairly sure about that. My best hope is Cardiff can grind out a bore draw but I think Norwich could sneak this one.

Norwich to Win @ 2.25 with Unibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.02 with SBK