** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

EFL Cup Predictions > Jan 5th & 6th

Not often I favour the obvious plays but it's not that often that they are priced highly enough to tempt me.

Spurs v Brentford:

20 points each on Kane to assist at 23/10 and Son to assist at 13/5, both with Lads

30 points on Kane OR Son to assist at evens with Sky Bet

7 points on Kane AND Son to assist at 7/1 with Sky Bet

3 points on Kane and Son to assist each other at 22/1 with PP

10 points on Kane and Son both to score at 7/2 with Lads

10 points on Dasilva to score at 9.8 on BF

Tottenham vs Brentford

EFL CUP semifinals sees high-flying London Derby teams going Head to head at London stadium, a premier league vs championship team. There has been 4 EFL CUP meetings between the two with spurs winning 3 and drawing 1. However, spurs won all the games played at London stadium.

26 Sep 2000 TOT VS BRE 2-0(EFL LAST 64)

23 SEP 1998 TOT VS BRE 3-2(EFL LAST 64)

Jose Mourinho  the "special" one full of honors meets Brentford's Frank T who makes history for making his team reach Semifinals for the first time. Furthermore, JoseMourinho has played 5 London Derbies in 2020/21 without loosing a single game with 3 draws and 2 wins. This game will be a walk over for Mourinho has he smells the trophy a mile away and given the experience for winning matches of that nature.

Tottenham to win 3-0

1 FT(1.53) Over 2.5(1.76) Betway

Manchester united vs Manchester city

EFL CUP semifinals sees high-flying Manchester Derby teams going Head to head at Old Trafford stadium. There has been 7 EFL CUP meetings between the two with Red Devils(2w), draw(1) and Citizens(4w). However,  Pep managing Citizens has faced United thrice in the semifinals loosing two and winning one.

29 JAN 2020  MAC VS MUD 0-1(EFL CUP semis)-Ole vs Pep

7 JAN 2020 MUD VS MAC 1-3(EFL CUP semis)-Ole vs Pep

26 OCT 2016 MUD VS MAC 1-0(EFL CUP semis)-Mourinho vs Pep

19 JAN 2009 MAC VS MUD 2-1(EFL CUP semis)

12 NOV 1975 MAC VS MUD 4-0(EFL CUP LAST 16)

17 DEC 1969 MUD VS MAC 2-2(EFL CUP semis)

3 DEC 1969 MAC VS MUD 2-1(EFL CUP semis)

Pep Guardiola  has played 13  Manchester derby winning 5, drawing 2 and loosing 6. on the other hand, since the arrival of Ole Gunnar in 2018 he has faced Mancity(under Pep) 6 times winning 3, drawing 1 and loosing 2. By comparing Pep's 38% win rate against Ole Gunnar 50% win rate in Manchester derbies, presents a difficult task between the two teams and difficult to predict the winner. All that said, Guardiola is good in winning trophies, games of such nature and I see the Citizens sneaking with a narrow win.

Mancity to win 1-2

2 FT(1.94) BTTS yes (1.63) Over 2.5(1.69) Betway

Edited by Gedkip
add

100 points lost on the Spurs v Brentford game as all 7 bets lose. It's very much feast or famine on these bets at the moment with nothing in between. Time to rein them back for a while and take stock. I've had some very good wins but my gut feel is they're probably not profitable and time could be spent better elsewhere.