Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

2 hours ago, SteffiSteffiGraf said:

Wow, watching Jennifer Brady, when I have money riding on her winning, feels a lot like watching Jo Konta as a supporter for many years.

No evidence of any patience, any tennis brain, or any willingness or knowledge of how to construct a point. Simply a ‘must hit every shot as hard as possible’ mentality, with no apparent concept of how to change things when that approach isn’t working.

Ended up being a rather difficult watch, as I was conflicted between having money on Brady, but being a tennis fan, and wanting Muchova to win, as she was attempting to play tennis and actually build the points, rather than just bashing the ball about!

The match has been really bad. Both players have played with a lot of nerves... and it's hard to believe that this was a SF of a GS...

Osaka today has wiped the court with Serena. In her way to the Final she has faced some really good players (García, Jabeur, Muguruza, Hsieh, Serena,...) and her level has been really good. Brady's way to the Final couldn't have been easier... Bolsova, Brengle and Juvan in the first 3 matches, followed by an injured Vekic and then Pegula and Muchova... I have watched her against Pegula, Vekic and Muchova and her level is miles away from the level she showed in the US Open, where she lost in the SFs against Osaka in an epic match. While I was watching her match against Pegula the commentator told a stat about Brady. She's the player that has won more points playing with 1st serves (81%) during the last year so if she plays with a decent % of 1st serves it's a hard task to break her serve. But that's something she hasn't done in her last 2 matches (Pegula: 49%, Muchova: 50%). Her only way to compete against Osaka passes to play with a huge % of 1st serves, and even doing that I hardly can't see her winning. Anyways, we have seen some really strange things in this sport, so let's see...

Edited by darko08
  • Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ashleigh Barty to win the 1st quarter at 2.87 with bet365 Barty will face Kovinic in the 1st round, Sorribes/Gavrilova in the 2nd round, S.Zheng/Krejcikova/Trevisan/Alexandrova in the 3rd round,

Jessica Pegula (+1.5 sets) to beat Jennifer Brady at 1.83 with Boylesports Pegula has been tremendously impressive and I liked her mentality against both Svitolina and previously Azarenka. She's

Karolína Muchová (+1.5 sets) to beat Ashleigh Barty at 2.2 with bet365  Muchová has proved that her game is much more versatile than we might initially had thought. I didn't expect her to beat Me

Posted Images

Naomi Osaka to beat Jennifer Brady at 1.25 with Boylesports

Sometimes you want to force your will onto a betting market and I just want to get a winner in the 1.20+ range. After Alex de Minaur and Andy Murray failed, I'll go with Naomi Osaka. Truth to be told, this feels as close to a lock as you can get, so let's see what curve balls there will be. Osaka is undoubtedly among the best 3 players in the world, perhaps she's the best, that's academical. She has enough GS experience as well and she's won a GS before. For Brady, as has been mentioned, this will be the first real test in the tournament and it comes in the context of a lot of pressure as well. She could've lost against Pegula, she could've lost against Muchova, let's hope that she'll lose against Osaka.

On 2/18/2021 at 3:02 PM, SteffiSteffiGraf said:

I think that Osaka is clearly the best player in the world, isn’t she? I’m not sure who you would even suggest comes close to her?

I agree that Osaka should win, she deserves to win, and I hope she does. She is a three-time Grand Slam champion, and every time she has reached the quarter final of a Grand Slam, she has gone on to win the tournament, let alone winning every final she has played.

However, the one thing I would say, is that the fact that it is Brady’s first time in a Grand Slam final, going by recent history is not a disadvantage. If I have counted correctly (off the top of my head) out of the past 14 Grand Slams, an incredible SEVEN of them have been won by players who were appearing in their first Grand Slam final. That’s an amazing statistic, and going back through the history of the game, I don’t think you’d find another run of 14 Grand Slams that comes anywhere close to that. 

So, don’t consider Brady’s position as a first-time finalist as a negative against her. if osaka has a bad losing streak she is pathetic but right now she is in form. I think serena lost it rather than osaka won it.

yes if kenin and wozniaki can win it for the first time anyone can win it. I am not ruling brady out as it was tough to beat muchova who plays with your mind and hopefully someone will understand this one day. barty if she had the crowd support things would have been different. muchova lets see what she achieves in rest of the 3 slams.

Osaka has won 3 out of 3 finals as one reader posted. so she is the favorite. I have lost all my pretournament bets in swiatek, halep and serena. so i am staying out. i want brady to win though

Edited by bet4fun
On 2/18/2021 at 5:50 AM, liquidglass said:

Medvedev For The Title

It will be fair to say that as it stands only two men look capable of lifting that trophy come the final. Djokovic or Medvedev - and to be fair it is looking more like Medvedev. Here is my calculation: Medvedev has managed his energy levels well up to this point, winning all his matches in straight sets except the one with Krajinovic where he went to 5. Djokovic conversely has played one 3 setter, 3 four setters and one five setter plus injury worries. Medvedev has won 3 of his last 4 meetings with Tsitsipas and considering Tsitsipas's last 5 setter with Nadal, one can easily see that his chances of beating a seemingly fresh Medvedev hangs between slim and none. Even if by some working of the god's Tsitsipas manages to beat Medvedev, it will certainly require a 4 or 5 setter to accomplish before even thinking of beating Djokovic in the final judging from what could be left from the residue of the Nadal match. Based on that, I do not expect him to beat Djokovic with or without the injury.

Medvedev has also beaten Djokovic three out of the last 4 times that they have played and there is no reason why he should not beat this downgraded version of Djokovic if they ever play. The bookies cut Djokovic from evens to 4/6 as a result of Nadal's exit. I thought that was really an inconsequential move as it did not have any effect on what was left of the draw. I also think that Karatsev may not be disarmed easily causing Djokovic to expend more energy. We have all praised the joker admirably for playing bravely through his injury even to the extent of fooling the bookies. I dare him to repeat the dose this time hoping that he will meet the wonder kid Medvedev who one commentator described yesterday as playing with the accuracy of a video game. I really think Medvedev from here at 11/5 is a huge gift. Come the final he really cannot be more than evens or 5/6 either way with Djokovic. Get on board now before the next men's match takes off. There could never be a better timing.

if something doesn't go in favor of medvedev he loses his temper. novak is not a fool to know this. i have seen twice once in dubai and once in moscow where he lost because of his temper issues. the only way to beat him is to make him angry and make him lose his temper. we already saw what krajinovic achieved by doing that. the game went to 5 sets where in it should be over in 3 sets. good luck with your bet though

Edited by bet4fun

head to head between djokovic and medvedev in last 6 matches is 3-3. so it can be anybody's final. it is all about keeping composure and djokovic is best trusted in that factor. medvedev service is good than joker. joker's volley game is better than medvedev. issue is fitness between two and medevdev beats in that area as well.

so staying away as I am confused but joker because he has won 17 times in the finals of a grandslam before.

Yeah, that's a tough one to crack. Medvedev is playing the better tennis at the moment, though. I'm currently leaning slightly Medvedev...otherwise it'll be no bet and I'll think things through again. Definitely don't feel like backing Djokovic below evens, however strange it might sound.

Daniil Medvedev to beat Novak Djokovic at 2.00 with Bet365

After thinking about the match again, I don't see much of a reason why Medvedev is the underdog here. Sure, Djokovic has experience on his side. Then again, all the other factors speak against him and I'm not sure that Medvedev is in the same position as Brady was earlier today. He has enough experience against top opposition, he has a 3-4 record against Djokovic, which includes him winning 3 of the last 4 encounters and he has been playing the better tennis so far. There's the injury angle as well. It's probably a bit overrated by now, so I wouldn't read into it that much, but it's there. We should see a cracker of a match and it's arguably the best final we could've gotten, so let's hope for the best. I'd have Medvedev as the slight favorite, not Djokovic.