** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Darts

owenclass

What seems a huge delay, but we're finally back tonight and with some of the crowd back, too. The card is a hard one to call, throughout. Here is the matches :

Clayton Vs Anderson
De Sousa Vs Van Den Bergh
Aspinall Vs MVG
Wade Vs Wright

You can pretty much say that every player has a chance of winning their match and it's the hardest to call, so far. The two that I like are Clayton and James Wade. I get the feeling that Anderson will look abit short of practice tonight and will give Clayton a good chance of taking advantage. We don't know too much about Peter Wrights injury and so Wade looks value. Wade has hit some big averages in this event and it's a big match for him. 

5pts J.Clayton to beat G.Anderson 23/10 paddypower
5pts J.Wade to beat P.Wright 7/5 boylesports
1pt accy - Clayton, Aspinall and Wade 16/1 betfair
1pt saver - Clayton, Van Den Bergh and MVG 10/1 paddypower

:ok I’d just looked in here in case there was anything I fancied to trigger a bet £10 get £5 offer and noticed it. Assumed that would be the case given the acca odds. I’ve done the exact same typo a few times myself, maybe we should go decimal! :)

Just the one for me tonight and it’s wright to beat van den bergh. I thought van den berth really buckled with the crowd whilst Wright is pretty much out now and has zero pressure 

4pts Wright to beat van den bergh 6/4 bet365

A good performance from Wright. He still looks to be going out but the dream is alive, i suppose. Tonight's fixtures :

Clayton Vs Wright
Wade Vs Van Den Bergh
Anderson Vs Aspinall
De Sousa Vs MVG

I like Aspinall to beat Anderson tonight. Anderson is now out and I just can't imagine he will care too much about this result. Aspinall beat Anderson 7-2 in their first match and Aspinall is in a rich vein of form. De Sousa looks a spot of value, also. He continues to hit the high averages right now and despite losing to MVG the last time out, De Sousa has every chance

5pts Aspinall to beat Anderson 11/10 bet365
1pt accy - Wade, Aspinall & De Sousa 16/1 paddypower
1pt outsider accy - Wright, Wade, Aspinall and De Sousa 36/1 paddypower (money back if 1 loses)

Final night until play-offs come around, tonight. Certain matches mean a whole lot and others mean very little, so that bodes some thinking about in the betting :

Anderson Vs Wade (neither anything to play for)
Aspinall Vs De Sousa (Aspinall can finish top)
Wright Vs MVG (MVG can finish top)
Van Den Bergh Vs Clayton (Van Den Bergh wins, through. Draw or loss, out)

As you can see, the main match tonight is the Van Den Bergh against Clayton one. Clayton needs just a draw. I can' t be betting on somebody who only needs a draw and so I'll take Van Den Bergh tonight and I'll also side with De Sousa. De Sousa needs just a couple of 180s to break the record of "most 180s" in this event and that may spur him on, tonight.

5pts Van Den Bergh to beat Clayton 11/10 paddypower
2pts accy Van Den Bergh, Wright & Wade 16/1 paddypower

1pt outsider accy -  Anderson (most 180s) / De Sousa (most 180s) / Wright to beat MVG / Van Den Bergh (most 180s) 12/1 paddypower

Well, another pretty disappointing Premier League, League phase. The finals are tonight and it should be a real entertaining night of Darts.

MVG Vs Clayton
De Sousa Vs Aspinall

MVG and De Sousa will get the first throw. I think that probably matters, especially if the match gets to the latter stages all level. De Sousa was excellent lastnight and if he reproduces that tonight, he should have a great crack at winning this Premier League. MVG was also in good form. I can't see anything but a De Sousa Vs MVG final. I think Clayton stepped it up lastnight but his doubles are sometimes missed at the most critical timing and that's one thing MVG is very good at.

5pts De Sousa to win and hit the most 180s 11/10 paddypower
4pts MVG and De Sousa to both win 9/4 paddypower
2pts MVG and De Sousa to make the final and MVG to win the title 7/2 skybet