Announcements
*** Punchestown Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Craig Bluenose, 2nd. Lee Grays & 3rd. Carole Dawney ***
** April Poker League Result : 1st kevsul, 2nd Rob Valk, 3rd McG **
** Last Man Standing Results - glavintoby & Redno2009 both win £125 **
** April Naps Competition Result: 1st Sugardaddyken, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd Harry Faint99, 4th Gary66. KO Cup Winner Waggy, Most Winners: Xtc12 **

Premier League Darts

Tonight sees the return of Premier League Darts. Here's the line-up :

Cross Vs Anderson
De Sousa Vs Wade
Clayton Vs Van Den Bergh
Durrant Vs MVG
Aspinall Vs Wright

Cutting it abit late, as the action gets started in just under an hour so my fancy would be De Sousa to beat Wade, tonight. I'll also take Cross to beat Anderson. Cross has shown some improved performances a fortnight ago and De Sousa's scoring was immense. If he scores well, even his rubbish counting should be enough.

5pts De Sousa to beat Wade 6/5 bet365
3pts R.Cross to beat G.Anderson 2/1
2.5pts Van Gerwen, Wright and Clayton 5/1 paddypower
1pt accy - Cross +1.5 legs / De Sousa win and most 180s / Clayton / Aspinall 32/1 paddypower 

De Sousa wins to pretty much make it an even round. Tonight's line-up :

Durrant Vs De Sousa
Cross Vs Van Den Bergh
Aspinall Vs Clayton
Wright Vs Wade
MVG Vs Anderson

I am going to take De Sousa to win again tonight. Durrant has improved here and there, but last thing you need when you're low on confidence is a power scorer. I'll take him to win and hit the match treble. We normally see a win from Wright after a loss and I think in Wade, he has a good chance with his better scoring. Finally, I think Anderson has every chance against MVG. 

5pts De Sousa to beat Durrant, most 180s and highest checkout evens paddypower
5.5pts Wright to beat Wade 10/11 betfred
2pts Anderson to beat MVG 5/2 paddypower
-------------------------------------------------
3pts De Sousa to win and most 180s / Van Den Bergh / Wright / Aspinall (DNB)  8.5/1 paddypower (money back if one loses)
1pt big accy - Van Den Bergh / Aspinall / Wright / Anderson 33/1 betfair

No joy lastnight. Tonight's fixtures :

Cross Vs Aspinall
Anderson Vs Van Den Bergh
MVG Vs De Sousa
Wade Vs Clayton
Wright Vs Durrant

Cutting it abit fine and so here's what I'll be going for

5pts Van Den Bergh to beat G.Anderson 11/10 skybet
--------------------------------------------------------
2pts Aspinall, Van Den Bergh, De Sousa and Wright 14/1 paddypower (money back if one loses)
2pts Wright, Clayton and Van Den Bergh 11/2 paddypower
1pt Aspinall, Van Den Bergh, De Sousa, Wright and Clayton 31/1 paddypower

Yeah, after tonight's matches, the bottom 2 will go and that's already decided. It's VERY close with 4 players on 8 points in the middle of the table. Tonight's line-up :

Durrant Vs Cross
Clayton Vs MVG
Aspinall Vs Anderson
De Sousa Vs Wright
Van Den Bergh Vs Wade

We've seen big performances from the likes of MVG, Wade and De Sousa recently and the drop off of form of the likes fo Wright, Clayton and Anderson. It will be a very intriguing set of matches tonight. The table should open up, after it. Wade could put the cat amongst the pigeons and show my pre-tournament faith in him has some credence.

4pts R.Cross to beat G.Durrant, Most 180s and Highest Checkout 13/8 paddypower
2.5pts N.Aspinall to beat G.Anderson 13/10 paddypower
2.5pts J.De Sousa to beat P.Wright and throw most 180s 11/5 paddypower
2.5pts Van Den Bergh to beat Wade and both to throw 2+ 180s 3/1 paddypower
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
2pts MVG, Cross and Aspinall all to win 11/2 paddypower
1pt MVG, Wright and Wade all to win 14/1 paddypower

1pt Each match to have 4+ 180s, 8+ 100+ checkouts during the nights session, MVG and Cross both to win 10/1 skybet

PL tips -26.5pts
Darts 2021 +208.5pts

Another disappointing night, really. Cross won and got most 180s but Durrant highest checkout. Asp won. De Sousa only started playing once he couldn't win and Van Den Bergh 6-3 up, drew. Wade is looking strong though.

-9.75pts for the night. Current table :

Aspinall 13pts
Van Den Bergh 13pts
MVG 11pts
Wade 10pts

--------------------------
Clayton 10pts
De Sousa 9pts
Wright 9pts
Anderson 8pts

Phase 2 starts May 5th. They will play a further 7 nights. Top 4 go through to the play-offs. I'm hoping we see Wade and Wright in the final 4 along with Aspinall and Van Den Bergh, but long way to go. Next on the Darting calender is the 3rd Super Series, which is tomorrow through to Tuesday.

PL Tips -36.25pts
Darts 2021 +198.25pts

On 4/26/2021 at 11:55 PM, owenclass said:

I think Van Gerwen is the man to beat

Van Den Bergh bang on form. As is Aspinall. Wade playing well and even De Sousa could make a run for it. Still very open but I wouldn't be taking MVG at current odds.

I think the price on Wade looks a spot of value. Wade beat Clayton 7-2 only a matter of weeks ago and Clayton's level has been abit "up and down" in the last couple of Premier League fixtures. Wade has hit 100+ averages in his last 4 game weeks. De Sousa is also worth backing in my opinion. De Sousa is playing some awesome stuff at the moment and whilst Anderson beat De Sousa at night 2, it was a bedding in period for De Sousa. I think it's a big night for Peter Wright, who will need a win really, to kick his campaign back off.

4pts J.Wade to beat J.Clayton 7/4 bet365
2pts De Sousa and Wright to win 10/1 paddypower
1pt Wade, De Sousa, Van Den Bergh and Aspinall 35/1 skybet

No joy lastnight. Tonight's line up :

Aspinall Vs Van Den Bergh
Wade Vs De Sousa
Anderson Vs Wright
MVG Vs Clayton

I think De Sousa is worth a continued support. Wade played OK against Clayton and was ahead but his scoring just good enough and De Sousa will have that in abundance. I also fancy Clayton. Mainly because MVG tends to have one bad performance after every good performance. 

5pts De Sousa to beat Wade evens boylesports
2.5pts Clayton to beat MVG 21/10 888sport

------------------------------------------
2pts Van Den Bergh, De Sousa and Clayton 11/1 betway
1pt  Van Den Bergh, De Sousa, Wright and Clayton 22/1 boylesports

Last night, tonight, until May 24th, when we will have the crowds back, too. Here's the line up :

Wright Vs De Sousa
MVG Vs Wade
Clayton Vs Aspinall
Van Den Bergh Vs Anderson

Peter Wright looked to have a shoulder injury last night. Either that, or he was pretending because he was so cr*p. De Sousa absolutely bottled it against James Wade and did some right stupid things as usual, on the board. His scoring lets him get away with it alot of the time but stupid things like going D20 last dart when needing 80 and then missing and putting pressure on the next throw and hitting 72. D18/D18 is just stupid.

I think based on the shoulder injury and Wright looking quite poor recently, De Sousa is worth following along with Aspinall and Van Den Bergh in my eyes. Both looked awesome in their match and although Van Den Bergh won, it could have gone either way. Anderson looked better lastnight but let's be honest. It was purely because he had no pressure on the doubles.

5pts De Sousa to beat Wright and hit most 180s 6/5 paddypower
-------------------------------------
2pts De Sousa, MVG, Aspinall 8/1 paddypower
1pt De Sousa, MVG, Aspinall and Van Den Bergh 20/1 paddypower