** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2021 All Bets Tracker

harry_rag

Just tweaked my spreadsheet a bit so I can see month by month breakdowns. This is how things stood at the end of April.

142 sells = +1188 points

15 other spread bets = -103.5 points

313 fixed odds bets = -252.58 points

Total 470 bets = +831.92 points

Performance by month:

Jan: -1.6 points (sells +322, other spreads +60.5, fixed odds -384.1)

Feb: +495.58 points (sells +535, other spreads -67, fixed odds +27.58)

Mar: -51.41 points (sells +331, other spreads -54, fixed odds -328.41)

Apr: +389.35 points (sells n/a, other spreads -43, fixed odds +432.35)

A slight upturn in the performance of the fixed odds bets in April! :)

Busiest day for a while yesterday. 2 out of 3 bookings bets won along with 2 out of 3 fixed odds goalscorers. 115 points returns 234 for a 119 point profit. 1 winner from the 2 rugby sells for a net profit of 9 points and a 54 point profit from the golascorer buy in the the French game. Total profit of 182 points.

882.92 points up overall.

Just 2 winners from 11 bets yesterday (Reus scored and the cards bet in Italy). 27 point loss from 2 spread bets on the Women's Champions League final and a 3 point profit from the 9 fixed odds bets. In total, 132 points returned 108 for a 24 point loss.

1068.89 points up overall.

Just noticed that fixed odds bets are back in the black for the first time since 5th January, albeit only to the tune of 10.34 points.

The low point was being 731.02 points down after 30 winners from 169 bets on the 16th of March. 96 winners from 241 bets since then have turned things around.

No doubt that the key markets have been anytime goalscorers which are 532 points up overall and 655 since 16th March and bookings which are 155 points up overall and 327 since 16th March. (Those figures being based on all my bets rather than just those posted on here.) The worst market by a mile is assists; 448 points down overall and 325 since 16th March.

Always interesting to check where the money is being won and lost from time to time!

4 out of 4 yesterday with both players scoring. A good day though could have been better of one player had scored later and the other had scored first! 8 points risked on 2 spread bets for a profit of 116 points, 12 points returning 40.67 on the fixed odds bets for a profit of 28.67 points. Total profit 148.67 points.

1319.01 points up overall.

Just 2 from 10 since the last update (Moreno scored and the saver on Holsten Kiel scoring one goal). 144 points returns 88.04 for a loss of 55.96 points.

1263.05 points up overall.

Edited by harry_rag
Corrected number of bets (from 8 to 10)

1 from 14 yesterday (the 4-6 cards bet in the Championship play-off final). One of those days when you'd expect to do better just by using a pin to pick your selctions! 170.5 points returns 43 for a loss of 127.5 points.

1121.55 points up overall.

9 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

1140.59 points up overall.

That breaks down as spread sells +1197 points, other spreads +47.50 and fixed odds -103.91 points. Hopefully I can get the fixed odds back in the black soon.

The monthly profit is 308.67 points and that breaks down as follows.

Spread sells: 1 winner from 2 bets for +9 points

Other spreads: 5 winners from 11 bets for +151 points

Fixed odds: 41 winners from 138 bets for +148.67 points.

Taking all bets into account (on and off-line) it's been a decent month but a rollercoaster one. In terms of fixed odds and other spreads I lost 224 points in the first week, made 641 points in the middle then gave 151 points back in the last week (at least managing to finish with a winning day).

In terms of sells it was interesting as well. May saw the most bets since October and the best return since November but during the month I broke pretty much every record (going back 2 years and nearly 2500 bets) for biggest losing bet, losing day, worst return over 50 bets and worst drawdown (loss incurred after bank hit a new high). I lost 465 points in 4 days after hitting a new high on 21st May, having never dropped more than 330 (over a longer period) previously. I must admit I had a bit of a wobble at that point, but ultimately decided to press on and stick with what has been proven to work.

It was an excellent reminder that we're neither as bad as our worst runs or as good as our bets ones and that short term returns are just random noise. We should ultimately get what we deserve from our betting (in terms of bet selection and staking) but only in the long run.