** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Premier League Predictions > Dec 26th & 27th

Wolves vs Tottenham

The final game in the Premier League this weekend is a 7:15pm GMT start on Sunday evening when mid-table Wolves will look to start moving on up the table in a tough fixture against title contenders Tottenham at Molineux. Neither of these teams are in especially great form right now so it'll be interesting if either side takes the game by the scruff of the neck and looks to get the win or if they'll both settle for a draw.

Wolves are continuing to struggle to find some consistency this season. Their fans had hoped this could be a campaign that brought some more positive steps but with the club down in 11th place and 5 points off the pace of the European qualification places already it's beginning to feel like a disappointing season so far. Nuno Espirito Santo has witnessed his team lose 3 of their last 4 league matches. It feels like the team is really starting to miss Raul Jimenez so a dip into the transfer market in January could be required. The team has averaged 1.3 goals when he's played but that statistic drops to 0.7 goals per game when he's absent. It hasn't helped that the defence hasn't kept a clean sheet in their last 7 league outings either.

Tottenham had been looking like decent challengers to Liverpool's title reign but it's now just 1 win in the last 5 league games for Jose Mourinho's men. Spurs are now down to 6th in the table and could be 9 points behind the league leaders by the time this game kicks off. If they lose this game then it'll be the first time they've lost 3 straight league games since 2012. Away form has started to drop off too with the team failing to win any of their last 3 league games on the road. It just feels like Tottenham need a victory to get their season back on track.

Both of these teams have experienced a disappointing period in their season over recent weeks. I feel Wolves kind of have the excuse of the injury to Jimenez but you have to wonder what has gone wrong for Tottenham? Everything they were doing right earlier in the season seems to been coming undone. I was backing them to compete for the title but now I'm not sure. I'm not even sure they can win here. I'll back to win purely because I think until Wolves get a central focal point up top to replace Jimenez then they're not going to be as fluid as we know they can be. The defence also needs to tighten up and without both Jonny and Leander Dendoncker available that's likely to be a problem that lingers on for this game.

Tottenham to Win @ 2.20 with SBK

Anytime Scorer: Harry Kane @ 2.64 with SBK

Wolverhampton vs Tottenham

This one is difficult to predict as it looks like a"Portuguese" derby between Nuno Espirito and Jose Mourinho. Interesting enough the counterattack style of play is employed by both coaches. However, Jose has many honors and is among the top successful coaches up to date. Additionally,  Mourinho has transformed spurs tremendously with the combination of Son and Harry kane doing wonders. 

The wolves bearing in mind their next fixture at Old Trafford vs Red devils on 29TH December 2020, that's two days from today can't afford to lose this match. All that said, wolves won 2-1 vs Chelsea at Molinouex stadium, whereas Tottenham have struggled to win as visitors. It's hard to pick a winner but I I see the host sneaking with a victory.

Wolves to win 2-1 FT

1FT(3.72)  BTTS Yes(2.0) 3+(2.26)