** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Championship Predictions > Dec 18th & 19th

One for Saturday ;

Huddersfield v Watford  15:00

Watford 20 + booking points @ 1.91 sky

In the last 4 home games ,Huddersfield’s opponents have been given  3-2-3-5 cards . So with a Watford team that does concede plenty of fouls and do like the physical game it looks a strong possibility that this will come in.

Sheffield Wed v Coventry

i have just heard part of Tony Pulis's press conference and he said that dominic iorfa, julian borner, joost van aken and massimo luongo would not be fit for saturday. This is in addition to other injured payers: westwood, marriott, and aden flint.

That list includes 4 centre halves. 

Wednesday are on a losing run and also the players have not been paid in full for november.

In the light of this i will be backing Coventry at around 2/1

5 minutes ago, waynecoyne said:

Sheffield Wed v Coventry

i have just heard part of Tony Pulis's press conference and he said that dominic iorfa, julian borner, joost van aken and massimo luongo would not be fit for saturday. This is in addition to other injured payers: westwood, marriott, and aden flint.

That list includes 4 centre halves. 

Wednesday are on a losing run and also the players have not been paid in full for november.

In the light of this i will be backing Coventry at around 2/1

Any idea what the reason is for the players not being paid for November, @waynecoyne? It's a very worrying state of affairs. As you know, Sheffield Wednesday are a team I hold close to my heart so I hate seeing all this negative stuff happening to them. I agree with you. At the moment, backing Wednesday seems like betting self destruction!

13 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Any idea what the reason is for the players not being paid for November, @waynecoyne? It's a very worrying state of affairs. As you know, Sheffield Wednesday are a team I hold close to my heart so I hate seeing all this negative stuff happening to them. I agree with you. At the moment, backing Wednesday seems like betting self destruction!

Hi Stevie-this is not the first time this has happened. I think that Chansiri probably doesn't have as much money as people think, or is getting to a point where he doesn't want to keep funding the losses. The whole club is a basket case and it is mainly to do with him making poor decisions. I can think of very few good decisions he has made.

I'm hoping he sells up but he's already put in over £100m and has an unrealistic view of the value of the club so doubt he would find a buyer at the price he wants.

I can see this all ending up in the club going into administration, but how far away that is i don't know.

Norwich vs Cardiff

The latest edition of "which f*cking Cardiff team is going to turn up today?" is upon us! This week, the gang travel to high-flying Norwich for a 12:30pm GMT kick-off at Carrow Road in the Championship. On paper, this should be a standard win for the home team but the visitors have been decent on the road under their current manager so who can tell what's going to happen?!

Norwich are one of the teams I felt boasted a squad strong enough to be considered genuine contenders for automatic promotion this season and with the club currently 3 points clear at the top of the table it looks like they are fulfilling their potential. Daniel Farke must be credited with being able to pick his squad up after their relegation from the Premier League last season. The Canaries have now won 4 league games on the bounce and with striker Teemu Pukki grabbing 3 goals in his last 2 league matches it seems like he's now hitting form at the right time. 5 wins from their last 7 home games also shows how dangerous this team have become on their own patch.

Cardiff continue to leave me befuddled with their inconsistent performances. As I said earlier in the week, the 3-2 win at home against Birmingham was a microcosm for our season so far with the best and worst of our play on display across the 90 minutes. I still feel we are lacking a central midfield that is good enough to control games and our defence is still prone to making errors at key times. Until those issues are addressed then the best we can hope for is a late play-off push again. The club are down in 10th and it's 5 wins from our last 6 league games. I suppose it says something that we're still not playing very well yet picking up enough wins to stay in touch. Just 2 defeats from our 9 away league games is a decent record but we have only won 1 of our last 6 visits to Norwich.

I really would like to see Neil Harris build on the win in midweek with another victory here but we're up against a Norwich team that have better players than us, a more tactically aware manager than us, and boast narrowly superior form to us. I can see us putting in a decent showing because we tend to put in a shift against the "better" sides but I think we'll come up just short against a home side who are looking destined to make an immediate return to the top flight.

Norwich to Win @ 2.02 with VBet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.95 with SBK

Norwich City vs Cardiff City

Norwich City

Doubtful: Lukas Rupp (10/0 m, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Tim Krul (13/0 first goalkeeper), Ben Gibson (12/0 d), Przemyslaw Placheta (14/1 m), Xavi Quintilla (7/0 d), Bali Mumba (2/0 m), Adam Idah (7/1 f), Onel Hernandez (4/0 m), Sam Byram (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Cardiff City

Doubtful: Junior Hoilett (16/1 f), Josh Murphy (10/0 m, probably in)

Out (injuries/other): Kieffer Moore (18/8 f, top scorer), Lee Tomlin (5/1 f), Jordi Osei-Tutu (6/0 d), Isaac Vassell (0/0 f)

Suspended:

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more then 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Overall Stats
Norwich City
9 home games
Cardiff City
9 away games
1.2 Goals scored per game 1.1
0.8 Goals conceded per game 0.8
33% Clean sheets 44%
78% Team scored 78%
44% Team scored twice 33%
33% Scored in both halves 0%
44% Goal in both halves 44%