** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > 12th December

Darran

2 winners in midweek which meant we saw a tiny profit. The Marine tip from Tuesday is now on Saturday so we already have one bet and I will be adding 4 more.

Chesterfield v Barnet

For obvious reasons I am not a big fan of Chesterfield at the moment given they have taken Gloucester's manager and two players (I am more gutted about the players especially Asante than Rowe), but they look to have a great chance to pick up 3 more points here. Amazingly Rowe has managed to keep two clean sheets already given he only got one in over a year at Gloucester and given how poor Barnet have been up front you would give them a fair chance of keeping another one here. Tuesday's goal against Sutton came from Carline's long throws which will cause havoc for defenders and is probably the main reason Rowe wanted him to leave Gloucester. There will be much tougher challenges to come for Chesterfield, but this should be 3 more points to Rowe's team.

Dagenham & Redbridge v Altrincham

I'm still not convinced by Dagenham and they have only won 3 games in the league with the last of them coming against Weymouth on Tuesday night. Given how badly Weymouth defended on Saturday against Halifax it wasn't a great surprise to see Dagenham score 3, but in general they have struggled for goals so far this season. Altrincham are in a really good run of form at the moment winning 4 of their last 5 including a good win against Wrexham 10 days in their last game. I think they have good chance to win this and certainly look a big price.

Ebbsfleet v Havant & Waterlooville

Havant going down to 10 men early on in Wednesday's game probably did for them against Slough, but they are a big price to beat Ebbsfleet. Both sides have only lost 2 games in the league this season, but I do think Ebbsfleet have had a pretty kind fixture list on the whole and their last game was on November 21st due to Covid which they lost to Tonbridge. You would imagine both teams will be hoping to be in the play-off picture, but I think Havant have the stronger side and they could easily take advantage of any rustiness in the Ebbsfleet camp. They have only played two away league games so far this season, but last season their away form was superb and it is something to bare in mind here. I can't really work out why the bookies have got them so far apart in the betting.

Alfreton v Chorley

I am going with Chorley again as they continue their rise up the table. Alfreton have only won once in their last 9 although a draw against Southport last time was a bit of an improvement. They have been leaking goals for fun though and Chorley ought to be good enough to win this one.

Marine v Hyde (Same preview as Tuesday night)

Having tipped up two of the 4 FA Cup 3rd round Non-League sides I am going to add Marine to the list. As their FA Cup run has showed they are a very strong side for a Step 4 team this season and could easily hold their own in Hyde's league. These two sides wont be playing league football until January at the earliest, but the FA is carrying on with the FA Trophy which is why this is being played. Marine were allowed to train during lockdown because they were still in the FA Cup and they then obviously have had the Havant game as well. That should be to their advantage and Hyde have only won 1 league game out of 6 so far this season. Quite why Marine are 13/5 for this I don't know and they can have more cup success.

Chesterfield 2.5pts @ 21/20 with Bet365

Altrincham 1pt @ 21/10 with Bet365

Havant & Waterlooville 1pt @ 23/10 with BetVictor

Chorley 2.5pts @ 11/10 with Betway

Marine 2pts @ 21/10 with Bet365 if you haven't backed them already after Tuesday

I am happy to take the widely available 2.4 about Eastbourne to win at Concord. Although both teams have only one win in their last five, Eastbourne have had much more difficult opponents and are a class above the Essex side. The Sussex seasiders  are play-off contenders, whilst Concord will be involved in the battle to avoid the relegation place. 

I don't often bet at odds-on, but I can see value in second-placed  St Albans @ 1.8 to beat Tonbridge. The Saint's success so far this season is built upon their sound defence, and have only conceded four league goals, and I can't see Tonbridge scoring in this one.

I can't resist a punt on Darran's second team, Dulwich to win at Oxford City. After a terrible start to the season, resurgent Hamlet are the form team, and have had a great run of results against some of the best teams in the division, whilst City have seen a dip in their form. I can't resist a play on Hamlet @ 3.75 with paddypower

Edit: Hamlet best odds now out to 4.33  

Edited by Bedlam