** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

RACING CHAT - Tuesday 8th December

I am going to take a bit of a flyer with Getaway Flyer in the 2.17 at Uttoxeter. On rules form he wouldn't have an obvious chance, but it is her pointing form which means she could be well handicapped off a mark of 83. Last year she finished 2nd in a maiden to Premier Magic and I will talk about that horse when I get round to updating my Road To The Cheltenham Foxhunter thread this week which tells you how good that horse is. A week later she won a maiden beating Getaround who is won off 135 at Newcastle recently. She was then off until this February when she won her Restricted over 2m4f, the same trip as her maiden win. She then was well beaten in an Intermediate at Didmarton where it looked like she didn't really stay 3m. Last month she ran in a couple of maiden hurdles and I accept there wasn't a great deal of promise in them, but I suspect she was there to get handicapped. Soft ground is a bit of an unknown but when winning in February the ground was described as holding. The first time tongue-tie catches the eye as well. She clearly is unlikely to be as good as the horse she beat in her maiden, but at the same time her pointing efforts suggest she is much better than an 83 horse. This is a really weak contest as well so at a current top price of 35/1 with 5 places on offer she is worth backing.

Getaway Flyer @ 35/1 with Betfair (5 places)

8 hours ago, Darran said:

I am going to take a bit of a flyer with Getaway Flyer in the 2.17 at Uttoxeter. On rules form he wouldn't have an obvious chance, but it is her pointing form which means she could be well handicapped off a mark of 83. Last year she finished 2nd in a maiden to Premier Magic and I will talk about that horse when I get round to updating my Road To The Cheltenham Foxhunter thread this week which tells you how good that horse is. A week later she won a maiden beating Getaround who is won off 135 at Newcastle recently. She was then off until this February when she won her Restricted over 2m4f, the same trip as her maiden win. She then was well beaten in an Intermediate at Didmarton where it looked like she didn't really stay 3m. Last month she ran in a couple of maiden hurdles and I accept there wasn't a great deal of promise in them, but I suspect she was there to get handicapped. Soft ground is a bit of an unknown but when winning in February the ground was described as holding. The first time tongue-tie catches the eye as well. She clearly is unlikely to be as good as the horse she beat in her maiden, but at the same time her pointing efforts suggest she is much better than an 83 horse. This is a really weak contest as well so at a current top price of 35/1 with 5 places on offer she is worth backing.

Getaway Flyer @ 35/1 with Betfair (5 places)

Opening price last night 50/1, now best 10/1 with bet 365!

All prices Bet365:

12.45 Uttoxeter - 1pt e/w Barrys Jack @ 15/2

1.35 Fontwell - 1pt e/w Thirsty Farmer @ 25/1

1.45 Uttoxeter - 1pt win Cafe Pushkin @ 6/1

1.55 Wolverhampton - 1pt e/w Fact or Fable @ 14/1

2.17 Uttoxeter - 1pt ew Vereina @ 18/1

2.47 Uttoxeter - 1pt e/w Sackett @ 12/1

2.55 Wolverhampton - 1pt e/w Baashiq @ 14/1

One Trixie today and a few singles:

1.05 Font Cave Top 9/4
2.08 Font Black Kalanisi 11/4
2.47 Uttx Go Steady 5/2

Ome £1 = £4 Trixie with a poss return £79.32

Other Bets:

1.35 Font Call Off The Dogs £1.20 win at 11/2

12.45 Uttx Temple Man £2 win at 9/2

2.17 Uttx Splash the Cash £1.50 win at 6/1

Multiples = £4

Singles = £4.70

Total stakes = £8.70 so far

========================================================================================

Another difficult day with all 3 selections failing in my Trixie bet.  Luckily a non-favourite did win for me at 11/2

Multiples = -£4 balance c/fwd £580.04 (£800 Bank).  Top Rated multiples - £4, deficit c/fwd - £37.65

Singles stakes £4.70 with a return of £7.80 showed a profit of £3.10.  The balance c/fwd is now £134.21 (£400 Bank)

Three meetings tomorrow; 2 All Weather and one over the jumps with Heavy going forecast.  Looks challenging

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update