** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

RACING CHAT - Sunday 6th December

All prices Bet365:

12.01 Southwell - 1pt e/w Navajo Dawn @ 8/1

All of its best form has come here with both career victories coming over course and distance and off higher marks than this. Was badly hampered at the start here on his last visit here which is always going to be tough to recover from at this venue, for all he stayed on to finish respectably. With more luck at the beginning of the contest, with him edging down the weights and those ahead of him that day sneaking up, I think he could go well at a decent price.

12.25 Kelso - 1pt e/w Pass Rusher @ 12/1

Has bits and pieces of nice form including 2nd in a novice event when finishing a place ahead of a now 118-rated horse. A similar run here going handicapping off 105 would see him go close and his stamina has just been stretched over 2m4f the last twice, including on really testing ground at Hexham last time. The return to 2 miles will suit and I think he can outrun the odds if handling the conditions. 

12.31 Southwell - 1pt e/w Professor Galant @ 15/2

Looks ready for the return to the minimum trip here having pulled hard over 6f the last twice. Both efforts were decent however behind nice enough types and the saddle slipped last time as well. Definitely has the speed for 5f, has form around here and looks a big price now facing handicaps.

1.46 Southwell - 1pt e/w Mister Freeze @ 12/1

Has been running okay lately including on turf where he's not as good and shaped with some credit at Lingfield last time, keeping on without threatening. His best form has come at Southwell however and is in decent enough heart to suggest he can threaten back at this venue. Was a c&d winner off 3lbs lower on his last visit and looks capable of getting involved at a double figure price.

2.02 Kelso - 1pt e/w Morozov Cocktail @ 14/1

I think this one is interesting upped in trip today having shaped okay in a novice event last year and seemingly needing the run/finding the trip too sharp when returning over two miles when last seen. Has plenty of stamina in the pedigree to suggest this test will suit and still very unexposed.

2.55 Southwell - 1pt e/w Milldean Felix @ 25/1

Hasn't run over a trip this short for a while but can race handy over 1m2f so I'm hoping the speedier test here won't completely ruin his chance. Usually runs a race from the front and his best form has come at this track. Understandably needed the run after over a year off last time out but still wasn't disgraced and at a big price now stripping fitter I'll chance it.

11 minutes ago, Trotter said:

Punchestown card under threat from thick fog

Course update at midday !

Let's hope some clever fog moves in to replace it ? 

1.40 Punch - BATTLEOVERDOYEN 7/1 ew bet365 last night , now 5's.

Beat Easy Game & Samcro in Grade 2 at Down Royal over 19f on yeilding 36 days ago ,  3/4 Mullins runners may need the run Chris's Dream back 3.5f in trip from Grade 1 at Down Royal represents the biggest threat.

Kicking myself because i missed Saint Arvans in the 12.25 Kelso; the price to be paid for sleeping in I guess.

All selections at Kelso today

1.00 Caventara £1 win at 3/1
2.02 Artic Man £1 win at 9/2
One £2 win double = poss return of £44.00

1.32 Southern girl £1 win at 11/2

3.20 Just Your Type £1 win at 13/2

Total multiples = £2

Total win bets £4

Total stakes £6

I don't like the look of Mahlervous in the 2.45 despite it being top rated by RPR/Timeform and recommended by many tipsters.  The distance is a problem and I also think that the  going isn't suitable.  Good luck to anyone being successful and taking the 2/1 price on offer.

===============================================================================================================

I was wrong about Mahlevous; it did win jumped terribly.  I still wouldn't back it next time

Pity that Caventara let me down so a £2 loss on multiples.  C/fwd is £588.04 (£800 Bank).  Top rated multiples £2 loss = deficit now (£33.65)

Luckily Artic Man won for me.  I took 9/2 so a return of £5.50.  Hence a profit of £1.50 on the day.  The balance c/fwd is now £138.61 (Bank £400)

Four meetings tomorrow so I should find something to look at

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

7 hours ago, Wildgarden said:

245 kelso one touch 10-1 e/w 888 sport

Out of sorts lto but had over another month off and could come back to at least place with only 8 in race.

Felt had value given started at 5-1 half the price but unfortunately unseated rider having led one for next time again when it behaves.