** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Dec 5th & 6th

Sunderland vs Wigan

Two former Premier League teams go head-to-head in a 3pm GMT kick-off on Saturday afternoon when managerless Sunderland take on bottom placed Wigan at the Stadium of Light. These two sides might well be battling at opposite ends of the table but the need for a win is more important than ever if they're to get back to winning ways in the near future.

Sunderland sacked manager Phil Parkinson earlier this week and it appears that former Bristol City gaffer Lee Johnson has been appointed as the new man at the helm but it's unlikely he'll be on the touchline for this game. The Black Cats are in 7th place and just 1 point outside the play-offs but a winless run of 4 league games has seen the team drop down the table. Three draws in a row has shown that this Sunderland team is hard to beat even when Parkinson was up against it and makes his departure even more surprising this week.

Wigan are currently going through a very dark period. I think even @Perfect Storm will agree that Bolton aren't quite in as bad a place as the Latics. Caretaker manager Leam Richardson is in charge, I believe, after the departure of former gaffer John Sheridan. The team is rock bottom of League One and it's not looking good. It's only 2 wins from the 14 league games so far with the club already 6 points off the safety positions. The fans have now gone 10 league games without a win and it's becoming hard to see where the next win will come. 

It's a sad sight to see these two teams that have enjoyed relatively recent success in the league struggling in the third tier of English football this season. I have to say I am worried for Wigan in the long term. Sunderland aren't quite in as dire a situation and I think they'll get the win in this one. I'm still confused why Parkinson was sacked but maybe a Black Cats fan can educate us.

Sunderland to Win & BTTS @ 3.75 with Boylesports

Total Goals Scored Over 2.5 @ 1.95 with BetVictor