** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

RACING CHAT - Thursday 3rd December

11.55 Auteuill 

Galahad Quest. 14/1.e/w

Outsider of the field in this listed hurdle in Paris today was a disappointing 7/9 in its last run at Compeigne in October. 

However that was its first run since March and the two prior runs included a v close 2nd to the fast improving Henderson Buzz, followed by a Grade2 hurdle win in the, Jan chelt meeting. 

Assuming it can come on for its reappearance run its current OR of 130 (which considering the current rating of Buzz could well be under rating it) the Nick Williams trained amd excellent Felix de Giles on board, could be too good for this field. 

One Trixie today and a few singles.

1.37 Leic De Barley Basket 5/4
1.52 M/R Arizona Glory 5/4
2.22 M/R Pakies Dream 2/1

One £1.50 Trixie = £6 poss return of £50.63

Other bets:

1.22 M/R Hydroplane £3 win at 11/4

1.15 Win Global Harmony £1.20 win at 5/1

1.37 Leic Agent Valdez £1 win at 11/2

total multiples = £6

Total singles so far = £5.20

====================================================

Should have put my singles in the Trixie, they all won.  Two short priced favourites lost in the Trixie.

I don't need to do it but have had a £3 win bet on Pakies Dream at 9/4 in the 2.22 at M/R 

Total singles bets now £8.20

=============================================================================================

Crazy day where all my side bets won and the strong favourites let me down.  I put an extra £3 on Pakies Dream but unfortunately it fell early in the race.

The multiples lost a bold £6 which means the balance c/fwd is now £598.04 (Bank £800).  The top rated multiples suffered the same fate of a loss of £6 so the deficit now is - £25.65.

Three winning singles at good odds gave me a net profit of £15.93.  Usually one of these horses are generally top rated by either by RPR or Timeform.  The crucial difference is that they don't have to be favourite.  Agent Valdezs wasn't though but more of an insurance bet with a strong trainer/jockey combination This means a c/fwd balance of  £157.61 (£400 Bank)

Four meetings again tomorrow in the UK so plenty to look at

Edited by The Equaliser
Result Update

All prices Bet365:

12.45 Wincanton - 1pt e/w Cropley @ 14/1

Last couple of runs have been split by massive absences and showed less last time out than previously but after a huge absence of more than a year and over a trip of two miles, it was never likely to suit (stays 3m2f). Should be fitter now and is off a good mark going back up in trip to more suitable conditions. Has to prove his wellbeing but in an open race it's not impossible he can bounce back.

1.22 Market Rasen - 1pt e/w Al Kherb @ 33/1

Market not sounding positive but this one has reasonable form in his back catalogue on both the flat and hurdles and conditions ought to suit today. Can be forgiven for his defeat after a lengthy absence last time and should strip fitter now. This isn't a strong race and even on its run at Newcastle last season on soft ground off 7lbs higher he'd have a chance so I'm chancing him today.

1.37 Leicester - 1pt e/w Mill Race King @ 10/1

Winning pointer who quickly embarks on a chasing career having run in a handful of novice hurdles. Shaped with credit on all three starts with last time a pipe opener ahead of a chasing campaign. Ought to stay on his point win and pedigree and looks off a fair mark on novice hurdle form given he should be better over the larger obstacles. 

1.45 Wincanton - 1pt e/w Gulshanigans @ 25/1

Didn't learn much on seasonal reappearance after a long break last time on heavy ground - got tired but that's to be expected and should be happier now back on better ground and with the run under his belt. Typically consistent in previous years and well handicapped on that form so could make a better fist of things this afternoon.

2.22 Market Rasen - 1pt e/w Linenhall @ 9/1

Jumping can sometimes let him down but he's right down the weights now and can be expected to improve from seasonal reappearance last time. Was running on bad ground at the back end of last season but his best form has come on a sound surface so now getting decent conditions and fitness back on side I think he can go well.

2.37 Leicester - 1pt e/w Midnight Mary @ 20/1

Found things happening too quickly on hurdling debut over 2 miles around Fakenham last time but the front two are decent enough and this should be much more to her liking upped half a mile and on softer ground. Shaped as if stamina was her forte in bumpers and her dam stayed well over jumps so these conditions ought to bring out a bit more so well worth a go at a big price.

3.37 Leicester - 1pt win Fleur De Seuil @ 7/1

Has been running well in all hurdle starts on these shores but has finished weakly on all starts. That said, they were all over further than this and the drop back in trip looks like a good move. Isn't bred to stay forever so down the weights and back down to the minimum distance looks a good move and soft ground ought to not inconvenience on its French form. 

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

One Trixie today and a few singles.

1.37 Leic De Barley Basket 5/4
1.52 M/R Arizona Glory 5/4
2.22 M/R Pakies Dream 2/1

One £1.50 Trixie = £6 poss return of £50.63

Other bets:

1.22 M/R Hydroplane £3 win at 11/4

1.15 Win Global Harmony £1.20 win at 5/1

1.37 Leic Agent Valdez £1 win at 11/2

total multiples = £6

Total singles so far = £5.20

====================================================

Should have put my singles in the Trixie, they all won.  Two short priced favourites lost in the Trixie.

I don't need to do it but have had a £3 win bet on Pakies Dream at 9/4 in the 2.22 at M/R 

Total singles bets now £8.20

What a waste of £3 ?