** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Players Championship Finals

Fader

It's just Darts galore at the moment. A matter of days after the Grand Slam has finished and we're onto the Players Championship finals tomorrow. MVG won this last year, beating Price in the final. It's the top 64 players from the Players Championships competing and it's a 3 day event.

I think the top half is the best place to pick a winner this weekend. Peter Wright is in this half but his Grand Slam performance was dodgy at best. Gary Anderson looks injured. Aspinall can run hot and cold and Michael Smith still has that tendency to start throwing loose darts when things are going against him. There is probably a good shout on Jose De Sousa repeating last weeks efforts. He would have Van Der Voort, Michael Smith and then possibly Van Den Bergh or Peter Wright, if Wright turns up to his normal brilliance. I'm not sure 14/1 is big enough though. He is going to be mentally drained after that win. I'm not sure anything under 20/1 is worth it and so I'm going to look elsewhere.

I'm most certainly going to take a few big priced outsiders in the shape of Adrian Lewis and Callan Rydz. Both have the big scoring and big out ammunition and Lewis was actually unlucky last year to go out on a deciding leg to MVG. Lewis has been excellent recently in the Players Championships and i'm quite frankly baffled that he is 200/1. Rydz is not going to win this event but he can go on spells of brilliance and has massive potential. He could easily get to the last 16/last 8.

I'm going to give Ratajski a chance this week and also Van Den Bergh. I feel like Ratajski was quite unlucky in the group match against De Sousa and that match was always going to be the defining one in such a hard group. Van Den Bergh worries me alittle that he can be mentally tired but I would rather back Van Den Bergh at 22s then De Sousa at 14-16s.

In the bottom half we have both MVG and Price. I can see Price winning this event if I'm honest. I think he is thinking about the Worlds and wants to go in with abit of momentum. If MVG goes out earlyish though, Wade is in a prime position to take advantage. If we see MVG go out then I see no reason why Wade can't make the semi-finals atleast. He would then face G.Price though. Wade isn't beating MVG and I can't see him beating Price. All that in mind, I would want about 40/1 for Wade. Durrant is in a good position if he turns up this weekend but he's been rubbish recently.

I'll take a small bet on Joe Cullen and Clayton. Both big odds. I don't want anybody below 40/1 if they have to potentially beat Price, MVG & P.Wright to win an event.

1pt E/W K.Ratajski to win Players Championship Finals 22/1 betfair
1pt E/W D.Van Den Bergh to win Players Championship Finals 22/1 skybet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt E/W J.Cullen to win Players Championship Finals 66/1 bet365
1pt E/W J.Clayton to win Players Championship Finals 66/1 bet365
1pt E/W A.Lewis to win Players Championship Finals 200/1 skybet
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts E/W C.Rydz to win Players Championship Finals 400/1 skybet

Darts 2020 +118.50pts

A full day and evening of Darts tomorrow then and so many matches where the underdog looks to have a live chance. I feel like i've backed the underdogs by proxy in my outright picks and so I'll take a few trebles and a big accy Lewis vs Whitlock, i see as a 50/50 match. I like the two trebles and the accy ofcourse at 40/1 is a big outsiders chance.

1pt A.Lewis to win 1st Quarter 40/1 skybet
2.5pts Michael Smith, Rob Cross & Joe Cullen to win 17/10 paddypower
2.5pts Ian White, Devon Petersen & Jonny Clayton to win 2/1 paddypower
1pt king accy - Lewis / King / Evans / Brown 40/1 betfair

small profit with the first treble winning. Petersen loses the 2nd treble. I was bit too greedy in the accy. I fancied King to win and also Rydz but stuck it with Lewis who really should have won. He was there for the taking.

1pt 4-fold money back if one loses - Evans / Wattimena / D.Webster / K.Brown 22/1 paddypower

Some carnage in the outright picks but one of the trebles came in which helped. The one I like today is Smith to beat Anderson. Anderson just doesn't look right at the moment.I'll also give an accy another try. The other I like is Merv King to beat Noppert. King tends to go well in the early part of a tournament and he is playing really well with over 100 average in the beating of Chizzy

4pts M.Smith to beat G.Anderson, Most 180s and highest checkout 9/4 paddypower
3pys M.King to beat D.Noppert evens bet365
1pt accy - M.Smith / Razma / King / Wattimena 11/1 paddypower

Smith wins the match treble. King wins but let down on the accy by Razma and Wattimena. +11pts

Tonight at 7pm we get the quarter-finals underway.

De Sousa Vs M.Smith
White Vs Cullen
Price Vs Humphries
R.Smith Vs Heta
Sedlacek Vs King
Wright Vs Rydz
Van Duijvenbode Vs Woodhouse
MVG Vs De Zwaan

Isn't a great deal that excites me tonight so I'll leave it and perhaps take a look at tomorrows semi-finals

TicketsPlease, can't even explain how busy I am on the forum. Small things like that are always going to happen when you cover multiple sports and multiple competitions. 

Quarter-finals today and just the one for me. The bet I like is over Over 16.5 legs in the Heta Vs Merv King match. I'll be hoping that Cullen can be inspired against Gerwyn Price but realistically, I think this is a price vs mvg final now.

2.5pts Over 16.5 legs M.KIng Vs D.Heta 4/5 paddypower

Cullen was winning every leg until the final, at 9-9 and ofcourse on his own throw he naturally lost. The overs came in with King beating Heta.

Semi-final line up:
P.Wright Vs M.King
MVG Vs G.Price

I think Wright beats King tonight. King tends to run out of steam in these events around now. He did really well to come back and beat Heta but I think the constant pressure that Wright will put him under will mean more mistakes from King. In the other match, I like the look of Price Most 180s but losing the match. MVG is looking pretty awesome right now. He only got 2 180s against Van Duijvenbode and still managed a 110 average. That's so impressive.

A nice run of results with +14pts in the last three bets means we're level with all the outrights taken into account. 

2.5pts P.Wright to beat M.King / Most 180s / Highest Checkout 9/5 paddypower
4pts G.Price to get the most 180s and LOSE the match 6/4 paddypower
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
1pt double of the above two 6/1 paddypower

Players Championship Finals bet 0pts
Darts 2020 
+118.50pts

Very strange performance from Wright. Just an 84 average. Merv King makes the final and will play MVG. MVG beats Price but Price gets the most 180s.

I think realistically MVG will have too much for King. I think it's worth taking MVG on the match treble here. King has rose to the occasion against MVG in recent years but he's lost all five finals they have been involved in.

2.5pts MVG to beat M.King / Most 180s / Highest Checkout 23/10 paddypower

Players Championship Finals +2.5pts
Darts 2020 +121pts