Announcements
*** Cheltenham Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. Skittle, 2nd. glavintobuy & 3rd. Cragwood ***
** March Poker League Result : 1st muttley, 2nd andybell666, 3rd ian309 **
** Football Tipster Competition Result : 1st MABS, 2nd PercyP, 3rd Kingdom for, 4th Catijohn, 5th runadrum **
** March Naps Competition Result: 1st GARY66, 2nd TRAINMAD091, 3rd ZIDANE123, 4th MICK33. KO Cup Winner SILVER FOX, Most Winners: ALASTAIR **

Non-League Predictions > November 24th

Saturday was reasonable, but could have easily been a full house given Chorley hit the front late on and Sutton were 2 up and comfortable. Still a profit is a profit and we move on to Tuesday night where I have 4 bets.

Barnet v Hartlepool

Given how bad Barnet have been in the league on the whole I am still amazed they managed to knock out Burton in the FA Cup Since that they have lost 3-1 to Bromley and 2-0 to Kings Lynn at home and then on Saturday they lost 4-1 at Woking who only had 10 men for an hour of the game. Hartlepool were well beaten by a superb Torquay performance last month, but apart from that they have done fairly well this season. They were impressive in seeing off current bottom side Yeovil 3-1 on Saturday and if they put in another performance like that they can see off Barnet as well.

Gateshead v Gloucester City

Here is a surprise for you all I am opposing Gloucester in this game. Obviously I hope I am wrong, but when it comes to punting you have to let head rule heart and I do fear this could be a game where we lose our unbeaten record. City are without Asante due to suspension which is a big loss as it is, but their other striker McClure had to go off on Saturday because of injury. It is unknown at this stage how bad it was and it could be that it was more of a precaution, but if City are missing both I do fear we will struggle to score a goal. Gloucester have also had a lot of football and did look a bit leggy at times on Saturday. Gateshead are in good form themselves and were really good on Saturday when putting 4 past Southport. They are unbeaten in 3 and as we know Gloucester struggle to keep a clean sheet. Every chance 1 could be enough for the home side and I would have the prices for the match the other way round. Therefore at 8/5 I make Gateshead a bet.

Bath City v Dulwich Hamlet

Bath have won just once and lost their other 5 games in the league and Dulwich haven't won at all although have managed 4 draws so are one place above their hosts. After conceding 7 in two games Dulwich have at least managed to keep a clean sheet against Dorking and only concede 1 at Hemel on Saturday despite going down to 10 men. Bath played in a poor game against Hampton on Saturday and lost out by a penalty. To me there are signs that Dulwich are close to getting that vital win they need and there is no way Bath should be odds on here.

Dorking v Oxford City

I just wonder if Oxford have got on eye on the FA Cup at the moment. They don't seem to be quite hitting the levels they were and certainly not as good as they were against Northampton in Round 1. I think they will be eyeing up Shrewsbury at the weekend and a chance of reaching Round 3 whereas Dorking will be fully focused on this. It was surprising they couldn't find the net against Dulwich a week ago, but they put 3 past Concord on Saturday in a game they ended up with 9 men compared to Concord's 10. They had scored 4 and 3 in their two games prior to the Dulwich one and they are clearly going to be title contenders. I would make them odds on for this and 7/5 makes plenty of appeal.

Hartlepool 2pts @ 23/20 with William Hill

Gateshead 1pt @ 8/5 with Bet365

Dulwich Hamlet 1pt @ 13/5 with Bet365

Dorking 2.5pts @ 7/5 with Bet365

Yeah Rowe has been poached by Chesterfield. Fully understand why he has gone and as long as he doesn't nick players (I don't think he will) then I am not that bothered by it. I'm confident we will get a good manager in to replace him and we obviously still have a great team. 

As for tonight McClure has been confirmed as missing and we have another couple of players injured as well. We will do well to get a point in my view and no surprise Gateshead are now favourites.

They're giving you a hard time on Twitter Darran!!

Great prediction though!

I've just read that tonight's result means my team (Boston Utd) are now the only undefeated team in the top six leagues this season.  Admittedly we've only played 4 games because of Covid, but still!

Edited by porl99

Really good work tonight @Darran well done mate :clap:clap:clap

I'm sorry about the Gloucester manager situation but I've had a good think about it, phoned around my non-league contacts, scrolled the Romford Twittersphere and have perhaps found a great candidate from left field to replace Rowe:

:drums

Yes, that's right,

Archie Tamplin,

Player / Manager.

Job done, problem solved, no need to thank me.

200.gif

7 minutes ago, Mindfulness said:

Really good work tonight @Darran well done mate :clap:clap:clap

I'm sorry about the Gloucester manager situation but I've had a good think about it, phoned around my non-league contacts, scrolled the Romford Twittersphere and have perhaps found a great candidate from left field to replace Rowe:

Yes, that's right,

Archie Tamplin,

Player / Manager.

Job done, problem solved, no need to thank me.

200.gif

Funny you mention Tamplin as our chairman/owner was in the dugout tonight!

11 minutes ago, Shep65 said:

Great tips Darran. It must've galled you going againt your mighty Gloucester, but call it you did.

3 out of 4. Great night. Thanks mate.

I’ve done it before so am used to it. We were always going to struggle tonight and the winning bet certainly softens the blow.

2 hours ago, Kenton Schweppes said:

Nice tweet from Gateshead about the game finishing 0-0 in response to the 'terrible shot' tweet 🤣

Yeah I then got a load of Gateshead fans disagreeing with me. Even the goal scorer said he got lots of help from the keeper. It should have been a routine save and was the sort of howler you would see on a gaffes clip show