** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UK Championship

Fader

With the form of Xu disappearing, I'll take the 2 remaining of the lost treble for this evening. I still like the looks of Lu Ning and indeed Jamie Jones.

5pts Lu Ning to beat E.Slessor 6/5 bet365
5.5pts J.Jones to beat A.Ursenbacher 10/11 bet365
1pt paddypower 4-fold - Lu Ning / J.Jones / M.Williams / S.Maguire 6.5/1 (money back if one loses)

5 minutes ago, Fader said:

With the form of Xu disappearing, I'll take the 2 remaining of the lost treble for this evening. I still like the looks of Lu Ning and indeed Jamie Jones.

5pts Lu Ning to beat E.Slessor 6/5 bet365
5.5pts J.Jones to beat A.Ursenbacher 10/11 bet365
1pt paddypower 4-fold - Lu Ning / J.Jones / M.Williams / S.Maguire 6.5/1 (money back if one loses)

incredible ?

he wins frame 1 and then nothing ... 

i hope he will win 4 frames for my bet +2,5 frames but it’s going to be complicated 

Edited by Heisenberg68

both matches win but the accy is let down by Maguire and Williams. I feel like I've lost a huge opportunity tonight. I have said for weeks to lay Wiliams at every chance and I've followed Junxu for a while now. I feel like I should have got all 4 tonight. +10pts

UK Championship bets -6pts
Snooker 2020 - +193.5pts

Just the one match interests me today and it's Selby vs Hawkins. Hawkins is playing some great stuff at the moment and is on a 5 match winning streak. He has destroyed Parsons and Robbie Williams 6-1 and easily beat a bang in-form Robert Milkins 6-3. He hit one century and 5 50+ breaks in that last match against Milkins. Selby has beaten Michael White 6-4, Highfield 6-1 and Vafaei 6-2. He hasn't scored fantastic though.

The head-2-head record may suprise many people. Hawkins has won 6 of the last 7 against Selby and already beaten Selby 3 times this year out of 3. Selby beat Hawkins via a decider when they last met at the UK Championships, but it was back in 2013. In general, Hawkins tends to prefail in this big matches.

2012 Worlds - Hawkins 10-3 Selby
2013 Worlds - Hawkins 13-10 Selby
2013 UK Championship - Selby 6-5 Hawkins
2017 Masters - Hawkins 6-5 Selby

5pts B.Hawkins to beat M.Selby 17/10 betway
1pt accy - N.Robertson (-1.5 frames) / J.Higgins (-1.5 frames) / Over 9.5 frames (J.Jones Vs J.Perry) / B.Hawkins 11/1 paddypower (money back if 1 leg loses)

Just the one boosted treble for me today. Trump i can see winning with ease against Walden. Williams made so many mistakes against Walden of which Trump will certainly not be making. I think Kyren beats Dott. Dott has had a pretty easy run here and Bingham looked as pants as ever. Lu Ning and Panxu is the interesting one. Both have looked good. I feel like that extra bit of experience should see Ning through though.

4pts J.Trump / K.Wilson & Lu Ning 7/2 paddypower

Lu Ning was a great tip- his experienced really showed in the end! Tough calls for today- would normally would back Robertson but Selby is playing some granite snooker at the mo. 

Zhou Yuelong looks the bet tomorrow- Lisowski offered up a lot of chances to Gudong who didn't really capitalise! Could argue that Yuelong's safety play this week has been a lot better than Jack's too- hopefully he can handle the nerves which is always the great unknown! 

Really enjoying the input of everyone on this forum! :) 

20 minutes ago, Shauno123 said:

Lu Ning was a great tip- his experienced really showed in the end! Tough calls for today- would normally would back Robertson but Selby is playing some granite snooker at the mo. 

Zhou Yuelong looks the bet tomorrow- Lisowski offered up a lot of chances to Gudong who didn't really capitalise! Could argue that Yuelong's safety play this week has been a lot better than Jack's too- hopefully he can handle the nerves which is always the great unknown! 

Really enjoying the input of everyone on this forum! :) 

Welcome to the forum, Shauno :ok

Quarter-finals day :

J.Lisowski Vs Z.Yuelong
M.Selby Vs N.Robertson
J.Trump Vs K.Wilson
L.Ning Vs J.Perry

Very much looks like a Trump Vs Robertson final if you look at the odds but I think all four "underdogs" have a good chance today. I'm not too keen on betting on Yuelong purely because I already have him at 20/1 to win this match. He has a chance for sure. 

I am going to go with Selby to beat Robertson though. These two have given us some absolute belters in recent years and none more so than their last head-2-head, where Robertson won on a deciding frame. There was an unreal SIX centuries (3 each) in that match and nobody deserved to lose. Infact, they've already played eachother 5 times in 2020. Robertson has won 4 but 2 of those are short frame Championship League matches which can be discarded. All four of Robertson's wins have been via deciding frames where as Selby's one win was a 13-7 at the Worlds. I think we're going to see a good match and I think Selby has every chance in the way that he is playing but the bet to go to is the over 9.5 frames.

I watched some of the Kyren Wilson match yesterday and he easily beat Dott. Some of Wilsons play was absolutely brilliant. I also watched Trumps match and AFTER he went 4-0 up he looked very average. I think Wilson has a good chance tonight. I'm quite surprised that we're getting 7/4 on Kyren. He certainly has it in him to beat Judd as seen when he knocked him out of the Worlds this year.  

Lu Ning is playing with a superb temperament at the moment and if Perry isn't on his game later then Ning has every chance. 

5pts Over 9.5 frames - M.Selby Vs N.Robertson evens betfair
1pt accy - Yuelong / Selby / K,Wilson / Lu Ning 22/1 paddypower 

Well, Selby didn't turn up. Should have got it back to 3-3 and once it went 4-2 it was over. Yuelong beats Lisowski despite trying his best to lose from 5-2 up. Thank god Lisowski was so poor. That means the 20/1 on Yuelong winning the quarter comes in. Everything is a bonus now for Yuelong, and despite having him to win the tournament at 150/1 also, I can't see him getting past Robertson based on that performance. His head went big time. 

I still think Kyren Wilson and Lu Ning have a chance tonight. I'm tempted.

UK Championship +16pts
Snooker 2020 +215.5pts

I've caved. I've just been looking at the scoring department of both. Joe has hit alot of decent 40-70 breaks but he's only hit one century in this tournament and it was in the 6-0 thrashing of Alex Borg. I think it's worth taking Lu Ning to get the highest break tonight. Lu Ning nearly hit a record against Selt, hitting three centuries in a row and nearly hitting that record forth. When you compare Perry's 1 century to Lu Ning's 7 you have to wonder why he's 6/5 to have the highest break. The only thing I can think is that the bookies think he will freeze tonight. He may do, but I think that will come in the latter part of the match, much like Yuelong tonight did.

In the other match, I will take Trump to get the most centuries between the two. I think Wilson does have a chance tonight but I still think that Trump will do the heaviest scoring. Trump hasn't NOT hit a century against Wilson for 2 years, so in my mind he gets atleast one tonight. Can we say that about Wilson? It largely depends on what kind of match this is. He didn't get any against Dott but that was a grind. Two against Maflin, but Maflin is very attacking. We shall see.

5pts Lu Ning to get the highest break (Vs J.Perry) 6/5 paddypower
3pt double - Lu Ning highest break Vs J.Perry & J.Trump to have the most centuries (J.Trump Vs K.Wilson) 3/1 paddypower

19 minutes ago, charliepie said:

God that match was torture to watch, unlucky with the highest break but Lu was poor tonight. I can't believe he managed to win the match! Unfortunately, it seems certain that the final will be Trump vs Robertson based on current form. 

Tell me about it. God knows how he won. I'll probably do a double tomorrow on Trump/Robertson on the handicap. I can see both winning 6-1/6-2. I suppose I should be happy to hit the 20/1 on Yuelong winning the quarter. If Yuelong turns up he could make it close but I still think he'll bottle it when push comes to shove.

Well, no bookies on request a bet want to give me a decent price on that double handicap so to try and find any kind of value I'll take the "first 4 frames market" 

5pts N.Robertson (-2.5 frames) / J.Trump (-3.5 frames) 3/1 willhill
0.5pts N.Robertson to beat Yuelong 6-0 12/1 paddypower
0.5pts N.Robertson 4-0 / J.Trump 4-0 22/1 betvictor (first 4 frames)

Should have been 4-0 at the break. The only frame Yuelong won, he fluked a blue in from a snookered position. Final score 6-2

I expect similar tonight. 6-1/6-2

I gotta say, I think Robertson beats Trump in the final. He's looking pretty awesome.

39 minutes ago, Fader said:

Should have been 4-0 at the break. The only frame Yuelong won, he fluked a blue in from a snookered position. Final score 6-2

I expect similar tonight. 6-1/6-2

I gotta say, I think Robertson beats Trump in the final. He's looking pretty awesome.

Agree. Trump looked pretty shaky last night at times.

It's the final we all expected then, really. Judd Trump takes on Neil Robertson for the third final this year. These two are very closely matched, even for their centuries as they both chase the 800 mark. Judd Trump is one century clear of the match-up and has won the 2 ties this year but of the two this week, it's Trump that looks to have some frailties. Robertson is definitely more successful from long range at the moment. Trump missed quite a few against Lu Ning from range but lucky for him Lu didn't punish him often enough. Robbo should have beaten Trump the last time they played. He was 7-4 up in the English Open final and he was 4-2 up in the German Masters final so he needs to play like it's any other match.

Robertson has had the highest break in the last five matches between these two, not including Championship League matches. I think Robertson wins tomorrow and I think he does it with a couple of centuries and the highest break. It's a "first to 10" tomorrow. We could easily see 17-18 frames and it could become a great final. I can see there being a good 4-5 centuries in this. I don't think like betting on who pots the first ball because i may aswell roll a dice but the 15/2 on Robbo doing that, winning and with the most century breaks is probably worth it if you think the other two aspects are going to transpire.

We aint seeing 10 centuries tomorrow but 55/1 it's abit of fun. Selby and Robertson had 7 in 11 frames so it's possible to get 10 in 17-18-19 frames. It's not going to happen but incase this final truly catches fire, half a point.

5pts N.Robertson to have the highest break evens betvictor
1pt N.Robertson to pot the first ball, most century breaks and win 15/2 paddypower
0.5pts 10 or more century breaks 55/1 paddypower

What a great tournament this has been.

2 bets for the final based on the meetings between these players in the last few years which have produced some very high scoring snooker.

(+4.5) century breaks @ 11/10 paddypower

Neil Robertson to have highest break, most 50 or more breaks & win @ 7/1 paddypower

For the 2nd bet, Robertson has been the more impressive scorer of the two in this tournament and is back to his best whereas Judd has been playing at the top of his B game. If he doesn't improve on that, Robertson will win and the bet should take care of itself.

39 minutes ago, mcsilks said:

What a great tournament this has been.

2 bets for the final based on the meetings between these players in the last few years which have produced some very high scoring snooker.

(+4.5) century breaks @ 11/10 paddypower

Neil Robertson to have highest break, most 50 or more breaks & win @ 7/1 paddypower

For the 2nd bet, Robertson has been the more impressive scorer of the two in this tournament and is back to his best whereas Judd has been playing at the top of his B game. If he doesn't improve on that, Robertson will win and the bet should take care of itself.

I was tempted on the 7/1 silks but I find that Trump hits more 50+ where as Robbo hits more centuries so I was looking for "Robertson to have highest break and most centuries and Trump most 50+ breaks" if you see that anywhere please let me know? 

good luck 

its unreal how the balls have gone so much for Trump. Not once have I seen Robertson go into the pack and have options to pot. Every snooker has worked out for Trump. Every failed pot has ended safe. Robertson has been quite poor but Trumps had some luck, too.

That was one intense final. Wow, Judd should have won it but Robbo did well to win when he had the chance.

The 15/2 comes in for me but betting only a point on it means a pretty even night 

onto the next one in 8 hours

UK Championship +15pts
Snooker 2020 +214.5pts