** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > November 17th

Darran

Apart from the games off because of Covid we have a full fixture list in the 3 National League's on Tuesday night. There looks to be plenty of value around as well as I have 7 bets.

Aldershot v Maidenhead

The two teams who won for us on Saturday go up against each other and I think Maidenhead look a big price. They did well to come from behind against Chesterfield on Saturday and that made it 5 wins on the bounce now. Sam Barratt is the league's top goalscorer having scored 9 goals in 8 games. As I mentioned on Saturday Aldershot are doing well enough themselves, but I just can't make Maidenhead as big as 23/10 as I would have them around the 13/8 mark myself.

Bradford Park Avenue v Southport

Fair play to Bradford for getting a point at Gloucester on Saturday as they took full advantage of a couple of defensive errors in what was a crazy game. Bradford certainly look a very different team from last season as there results suggested, but the bookies haven't paid any attention to that and have priced them up as the outsiders here. That made it 4 games unbeaten now after losing their 1st 2 games of the season. Southport had a very good start to the season although their 3 wins have come against Chorley, Hereford and Blyth and I think Bradford are better than them. Southport were poor on Saturday against Spennymoor and I would make BPA favourites rather than 2/1.

Hereford v Gloucester

Talking about teams who should be favourites Gloucester should be market leaders in this game. At 3-1 on Saturday I thought it was going to be another comfortable afternoon for City, but they gifted a goal to Bradford and the away side took confidence from that. Once Gloucester got it back to 4-4 though they were the better side in what had become dreadful weather and bar a superb save from the keeper they would have won it in injury time. As I keep saying the silly goals that City concede is frustrating, but they have so many goals in the side that most of the time it hasn't mattered. They certainly look so much stronger than Hereford going forward and I would make them around 11/10 to win this not the 17/10 that they are.

Bath v Havant & Waterlooville

Two sides who reached the play-offs last season, but fair to say they are having very different seasons this time around. Bath have been horrendous losing 4 of their 5 games and only managing to beat a Billericay side who lost their 1st 4 games. Havant again look set to be in the promotion pictures and have one of the strongest sides in the division. The only time they have lost was to current league leaders Dartford and they beat a good side in Oxford on Saturday in a dominant 2nd half performance. They really should have too much for Bath and even money looks a big price.

Dulwich Hamlet v Dorking

Dulwich are not doing well this season having picked up just 2 points in their 5 league games. I watched their FA Cup game against Christchurch last month and they didn't look a great side in that match. I just don't see how Dorking don't have too much for their hosts here. They have scored 17 goals in their 6 league games and the only time they haven't won was when they drew a blank against Hungerford. Dulwich have conceded 7 goals in their last 2 league games and I find it hard to see anything other than an away win. They should be odds on shots so the 5/4 looks huge.

Oxford City v Chippenham

I mention above that Havant dominated Oxford in the 2nd half on Saturday, but in the 1st half Oxford were the better side and could have been out of sight. That was two league defeats on the bounce, but as I mentioned on Saturday they showed how good a side they are in their FA Cup win over Northampton. Chippenham have lost 4 of their 6 league games and the only two they have won were against Dulwich and Braintree. That clearly is not saying much and City have been easily the better side of the two so far this season. 6/4 looks a huge price as I would have them odds on.

Tonbridge Angels v Eastbourne

Another baffling price here as Eastbourne should be clear favourites. They haven't lost a league game since the opening day of the season when they lost to Dorking. Since then they have won 4 and drawn 2. Not surprisingly they had a comfortable time of things on Saturday when beating Braintree 4-0. They are clearly a decent side this time around and certainly a better team than Tonbridge. Dorking beat them 4-1 on Saturday and although I wouldn't have Eastbourne at quite the same level as them, they should have too much for the home team.

Maidenhead 1pt @ 23/10 with Bet365

Bradford Park Avenue 1pt @ 2/1 with BetVictor

Gloucester City 1pt @ 17/10 with BetVictor

Havant & Waterlooville 3pts @ Evs with Bet365

Dorking 4pts @ 5/4 with Betway

Oxford City 2pts @ 6/4 with Betfred

Eastbourne 2pts @ 17/10 with Betfred

54 minutes ago, bookiebasher said:

BET365 Is saying that Havant game is still on ?

Ignore them. They have Boston v Kettering priced up and that was called off days ago. This is the problem with games being called off because of Covid though as they get announced on social media and the clubs websites, but seem to struggle to find their way to official sources.

So with the Dorking and Havant bets being voided it is slightly frustrating as I would have staked a bit differently. I was tempted to go bigger on Oxford in the 1st place, but the price has come in a fair bit now so I will leave that. I will add a point to the Bradford bet though as 2/1 is still available with BetVictor.

I am going to add one bet as well. Given I thought Dorking were going to win at Dulwich I obviously still think Dorking will beat them at home. I think they are worth sticking in a double with Spennymoor who should have little problem beating Blyth Spartans. The double pays even money with Bet365 and that is good enough for me.

Bradford 1pt @ 2/1 with BetVictor (to make a total of 2pts)

Dorking and Spennymoor 3pts double @ Evs with Bet365

I´ll take the Double Chance on Hemel today. Play at Hampton and i think odds on Hemel are too high. They now had 2 Loses in a Row, but both where Home Games - so away they are not so bad with 2-0-2 at the Moment. Also they didn´t deserved the lose at Welling at Saturday, but they missed many Chances. Hampton on other Side with 2 Wins in a Row and also a good performance when they lost against Oldham in FA-Cup.

But today they are for me too big Fav´s from odds and also in these Games the Away Team didn´t Lost in last 5 Meetings here. So for me Hemel i think can grab a Draw or maybe more.

Draw or Hemel @ 2.00 2/10 WillHill

35 minutes ago, Neubs said:

I´ll take the Double Chance on Hemel today. Play at Hampton and i think odds on Hemel are too high. They now had 2 Loses in a Row, but both where Home Games - so away they are not so bad with 2-0-2 at the Moment. Also they didn´t deserved the lose at Welling at Saturday, but they missed many Chances. Hampton on other Side with 2 Wins in a Row and also a good performance when they lost against Oldham in FA-Cup.

But today they are for me too big Fav´s from odds and also in these Games the Away Team didn´t Lost in last 5 Meetings here. So for me Hemel i think can grab a Draw or maybe more.

I'd be wary of backing Hemel they aren't very good and Hampton are certainly the better team out of the two. Welling are a poor side as well.

8 hours ago, Neubs said:

We´ve got here a Win...

Unluck with @DarranPicks, early Goal for Tonbridge and Oxford can´t take the Lead to the Finish...  Great Pick with Gloucester again