** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Tennis Tips - January 1 - January 10

1 hour ago, money44 said:

Screaming children outside of an empty stadium during crucial points, and a wandering wild black cat in the stadium .. This match will never be forgotten 

I don't have words. I switched off after the 12th (13th,14th?) DF. The screaming children quietened down once ST was serving.

Rybakina to beat Kasatkina at 1.53 with betfair

It is a little bit hard to predict at this point of the season but I like how is Rybakina priced for this one. As we all know Kasatkina is just a shadow of the player she was in 2018. Her last 2 years have been extremely disappointing and I still haven't seen any sign to think this will change now. Rybakina is one of the most improved players of the last 2 years. Her first 2 months of 2020 (just before the pandemic started) were just brutal, playing 3 Finals (Shenzhen, Hobart and Dubai) and beating players like Kenin, Pliskova (2 times), Martic, Mertens,... The surface favors Rybakina's game and her serve is a massive advantage so I expect her to win this (I think she should be priced at 1.40).

So, I've placed my bet for tommorow( not sure if all of these matches will be played tommorow). I went with : Over 19,5 games for paul -korda, they're young americans that definetly want to win on home soil. Korda has a pretty big serve and paul can definetly serve decently himself , IMO it will be tightly constested.

Fognini-chardy , I went with over 18,5 games on them(you can go probably even over 20,5 if you want to risk more). They always played more than 2 sets between them and both are players with many ups and downs.

Last one is muguruza-sakkari. From what I've seen today both played prety damn good, and I went with muguruza taking 1 set atleast.There's nothing sure on WTA , but IMO muguruza just has better groundstrokes than sakkari .

Sam Querrey (-1.5 sets) to beat Gianluca Mager @ 1.76

Querrey easily dealt with McKenzie in the first round and looked impressive. I haven't seen much of Mager, but I feel Querrey is really up to  winning this tournament against a depleted field and should encounter no problems in this 2nd round match-up.

Tamara Zidansek (+3.5) to beat Marta Kostyuk at 1.88 with Pinnacle

Alright, I definitel like this one. I've alread backed Zidansek once this week and I'm not afraid of doing it again, especially since she's now had a day off to rest. Kostyuk was nothing special against Hsieh and, even though she's talented, she's not playing consistently well enough to warrant this sort of price. With the line at +3.5 games, I'm more than happy to grab a bite.

so... Anastasia Gasanova is 3.75 on Bet 365 to beat Serribes Tormo tomorrow morning, and considering I recently backed an injured Pera - who is significantly worse at tennis than Gasanova seems to be btw - at worse odds, vs. S.T, and also considering that Gasanova just defeated Karolina Pliskova in straight sets, I guess it's rude not to take those odds!

Gasanova 3.75 vs. Serribes Tormo with Bet365

oh, and the match handicap (+4.5) is 2.0 ?

45 minutes ago, AgaRadwanska said:

so... Anastasia Gasanova is 3.75 on Bet 365 to beat Serribes Tormo tomorrow morning, and considering I recently backed an injured Pera - who is significantly worse at tennis than Gasanova seems to be btw - at worse odds, vs. S.T, and also considering that Gasanova just defeated Karolina Pliskova in straight sets, I guess it's rude not to take those odds!

Gasanova 3.75 vs. Serribes Tormo with Bet365

oh, and the match handicap (+4.5) is 2.0 ?

Mate, I have never seen Gasanova but i know Sorribes really well and can be really frustrating playing against her... she's a wall. I would not give too much importance on that victory against Pliskova because they are completely opposite players. 

Sorribes (vs. Gasanova) + Svitolina (vs Alexandrova) at 1.85 with bet365

I add this one. Gasanova has achieved the bigger wins of her career but I can't see her winning against Sorribes. Gasanova victories against Pliskova and Barthel are impressive but Sorribes' style is completely different and I think the russian has neither the quality nor the consistency required to beat Sorribes. I know how dangerous can be Alexandrova on fast courts but Svitolina is better player and her game here has been more convincing.

I have also watched part of Gasanova (against Karo P) and Sorribes (against Pera) last matches.  Especially Sorribes' match, it is not possible to stay watching for,  I think more than 4 hours especially if you are not betting.  The match took like more than 3 1/2 hours to complete - the longest match in 2021 so far.  Like Darko08 described Sorribes is a wall, she is nothing special but her persistence and fighting spirit is spectacular.  Playing with players about her standard, she can put the ball "inside the court" most of the time - consistency - and almost every point won came with long rallies.  Gasanova may have played well to beat Karo P in 2 sets but I could see Karo's rustiness and non-readiness to compete, putting many balls "out of the court" - unforce error.

In conclusion, it is not impossible for Gasanova to beat Sorribes especially the latter played the last double match of yesterday but it will take another big performance to break down the "wall" and persistence of Sorribes and/or an off day for Sorribes.  As I could see the excitement of Gasanova in every point she won (n her previous matches), it showed that she is still "green" and a novice in the WTA  tour.  Therefore it will be difficult for her to hold her nerves if points have to be won through hard-earned long rallies as compared to her previous matches.

2 hours ago, Robinnho said:

I have also watched part of Gasanova (against Karo P) and Sorribes (against Pera) last matches.  Especially Sorribes' match, it is not possible to stay watching for,  I think more than 4 hours especially if you are not betting.  The match took like more than 3 1/2 hours to complete - the longest match in 2021 so far.  Like Darko08 described Sorribes is a wall, she is nothing special but her persistence and fighting spirit is spectacular.  Playing with players about her standard, she can put the ball "inside the court" most of the time - consistency - and almost every point won came with long rallies.  Gasanova may have played well to beat Karo P in 2 sets but I could see Karo's rustiness and non-readiness to compete, putting many balls "out of the court" - unforce error.

In conclusion, it is not impossible for Gasanova to beat Sorribes especially the latter played the last double match of yesterday but it will take another big performance to break down the "wall" and persistence of Sorribes and/or an off day for Sorribes.  As I could see the excitement of Gasanova in every point she won (n her previous matches), it showed that she is still "green" and a novice in the WTA  tour.  Therefore it will be difficult for her to hold her nerves if points have to be won through hard-earned long rallies as compared to her previous matches.

Whilst I agree that Sorribes is a very different opponent, and annoying to play against, and that KP didn't play her ''A game'', Pera did hit about 100 unforced errors, and about 14 DFs, and Sorribes still only made it through due to some kids screaming randomly during a key service game for Pera. Gasanova paints lines for fun, and got a bit unlucky not to take the first set. If you're watching this like I am, you'll probably agree that she's adjusted very well to a different style of player, despite her age and ''greenness''. 

of course a WTA  match had to ruin my bet( luckily I cashed out for a bit more money that I bet). Kudos to sakkari though she is in great form. I've placed a bet on svitolina taking a set (done ) and tiafoe winning against fratangelo. Now I don't have 10/10 confidence that tiafoe will win , but I certainly feel he is the superior player that has played at a far higher level than fratangelo for a while now. Fratangelo won a couple of matches against francis but they were a long time ago and I think things have changed since then.

Edited by vladisimo2