Jump to content
Announcements
*** Ascot Festival Competition: Well done to 1st. RUG, 2nd. Soi Bongkot & 3rd. Jediknight ***
** July Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, =2nd muttley, =2nd kevsul **
** June Naps Competition Result: 1st Kingdom for, 2nd Offramp, 3rd glavintobuy, 4th bymatrix. KO Cup Winner: Kingsom for, Most Winners: Johnrobertson **

Tennis Tips - January 1 - January 10


Recommended Posts

  • 1 month later...

Fiona Ferro to beat Vera Zvonareva at 1.83 with Bet365

Alright, welcome to the new season! It's hard to come up with well-backed picks now for obvious reasons, but I like this one. Fiona Ferro made a lot of progress last season despite missing out on its final stages. She's still improving and with enough potential to remain in the top 50. She's been facing top opposition for a while and not without success. Meanwhile, Zvonareva was a top player a few years back, but she hasn't done much of note in recent years. A failed comeback, you'd say, and I'm not sure what she has left anymore. She played a bit in 2020, but generally a level below Ferro, so I'll side with the younger and more hopeful player in this one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 4:44 PM, CzechPunter said:

Fiona Ferro to beat Vera Zvonareva at 1.83 with Bet365

Alright, welcome to the new season! It's hard to come up with well-backed picks now for obvious reasons, but I like this one. Fiona Ferro made a lot of progress last season despite missing out on its final stages. She's still improving and with enough potential to remain in the top 50. She's been facing top opposition for a while and not without success. Meanwhile, Zvonareva was a top player a few years back, but she hasn't done much of note in recent years. A failed comeback, you'd say, and I'm not sure what she has left anymore. She played a bit in 2020, but generally a level below Ferro, so I'll side with the younger and more hopeful player in this one.

This match is cancelled.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@K8a As has already been stated, the match was cancelled. Ferro has probably withdrawn from the event.

I'll probably just watch tomorrow with so little info available. TennisTV should have Delray Beach streams if anyone's interested, I don't have any info about streams for Antalya. It's a bit upsetting that TennisTV won't have that by the looks of things.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mona Barthel to beat Gasanova @ -115 with William Hill

NO reason whatsoever for Gasanova to be favored earlier in the day with this.. Young player with zero quality wins in her career that I saw over the last year, and also have never heard of this player before. Have not been paying close attention of late, but the actual odds are off here by about 60 cents, and Barthel should be -175 because she is not usually a trustworthy player either... So the edge over the book would also be 75 cents minus 15 cents juice. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, that definitely makes sense. Kwon is slightly better on paper, but the situational factors all speak for Korda. Not sure I'm over the moon about the odds, but I'd much rather be on Korda there. Home conditions, better form and way more potential than Kwon overall.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've gone through all three tournaments today and it's hard to find a good bet honestly. Elina Svitolina against Vera Zvonareva and Fabio Fognini against Michael Vrbensky are the two favorites that I like at decent enough odds, they are a level above honestly, though I understand upsets can happen this early in the season. Fognini has been disappointing recently, but come on, Vrbensky can be really poor on most days and the odds are huge for this sort of match-up. It can be a banana slip, but I'll go for Svitolina (vs. Zvonareva) + Fognini (vs. Vrbensky) at 1.90 with Bet365.

I also thought Zidansek was really good against Brady and recovered well from the bagel. I don't see why Fernandez is such a big favorite in that one, honestly. Young and talented, sure, but she can blow hot and cold and Zidansek looked ready physically. I'll go for the safer option of Tamara Zidansek (+1.5 sets) to beat Leylah Fernandez at 1.90 with Pinnacle.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Triple stake from my last bet

Bernarda Pera +110 to beat Sorribes Tormo

(You can hedge this action with a 80%/20% risk on Pera +110/Donald Young +400 if you like)

Odds are better this time, ,and I'm more confident with the result.. Tormo had a reasonable match last outing with completely out of form Podoroska. This is a huge step up in quality, as Pera some of her best form physically right now, and a great match already under her belt. This will be the first meeting between the players. I like Pera's confidence as well. I am seeing one of these left handed players put the books to sleep tomorrow if not both of them winning.. Great luck gents!

I'm rating Pera's chances at 70%, and Young's chances around 30% - With William Hill 

Edited by money44
entering Book name
Link to post
Share on other sites

Happy New Year everyone ! Any ATP punts for today ? I'm kind of out of ideeas concerning either Delray or Antalya, just a bunch of players that I don't know or that I haven't seen play in a long time. I did manage to win yesterday on goffin taking one set and tommy paul 2-0, so it was a prety good betting day. 

I'm looking at rubin maybe taking atleast a set against quiroz since he has a 3-0 h2h with him and plays on home soil ? His form seems to have been realy bad lately though..

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

I posted Fognini above @vladisimo2, other than that it's hard to tell in what forms the players will show up. Rubin doesn't look half bad on paper, but it's the first match for him and Quiroz has already played two good matches in the qualifying against decent players. I'm just going to watch and root for Fognini.

Always rooting for fabio and he won (thought he's gonna screw it up near the end). I didn't bet on him though, I've made it a rule to never bet on either paire, fogna or kyrgios.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...