** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Cymru Premier Predictions > Nov 13th & 14th

welshodds.jpg

The Welsh national firebreak lockdown is over. Praise the lords of football! That means we have a full Cymru Premier fixture list coming up this weekend. I'll look to get a preview for one of these games up later today. In the meantime, let me know of any bets you're placing on these games down below! @Wiltshire Shot, @Cheltenhamwhite, and @Bang on, any of you guys tempted?

TNS vs Barry Town

The Cymru Premier is back in full swing this weekend and it feels a little bit weird but in a good way. Personally, this past week has felt like pure liberation. My local county of Caerphilly has been in local lockdown since the start of September and we came out of national lockdown later than other parts of the UK being able to travel to Cardiff and play football has been so refreshing. Here, I want to look at TNS versus Barry Town in a 5:15pm GMT kick-off this Saturday night at Park Hall in Oswestry.

TNS are back where they will feel they should be and that's top of the Cymru Premier. Manager Scott Ruscoe will be pleased with how his team have reacted this season after finishing 2nd in the prematurely finished campaign last time around. It's 8 wins and 2 draws from their opening 10 league games and it's seen the club move to top of the table and 5 points clear of 2nd placed Bala Town. Connah's Quay have a game in hand where victory in that match would move them to within 3 points of TNS but a TNS here would keep that clear water between themselves and their rivals. It's the home record that is particularly impressive for the Saints having won all 5 of those league games by an aggregate of 18-2. Although it should be added that 10 of those goals came against Flint Town United but it also includes 4 clean sheets.

Barry Town are trying their best to regain their place as one of the best sides in the Welsh top flight. Stewart Lovering is the man in charge at the club now and it's been a satisfactory start to their campaign with the club in 4th place having won 5, drawn 2, and losing 2 of their 9 league matches so far. The signing of former Wales international David Cotterill has been their big name arrival but they're also moving quick to pick up some young talent from further down the league pyramid. It has been nearly a month since the club played their last game and their form prior to their break wasn't great with no win in their last 3 matches including failing to even score in 2 of those matches.

This should be a standard win for TNS in this game but Barry Town have only lost one of their 5 away league matches so far this season. There is a clear difference in class even with just a few places separating these teams in the league. I just feel that TNS have got this chip on their shoulder after last season being cancelled and they're focused on regaining that title. A clean sheet win for the home side here I think.

TNS to Win to Nil @ 2.62 with Betfair

Total Goals Under 3.5 @ 1.66 with Bet365

4 hours ago, StevieDay1983 said:

Stewart Lovering is the man in charge at the club now and it's been a satisfactory start to their campaign

Not sure where you picked that up from, he's their former owner and ran the club into the ground.

I've only just signed up here, but follow Welsh football closely, so will chip in with comments and info.

I don't think David Cotterall has quite made the impact on the league that many would have been expecting - not yet at least, anyway.

Barry are vulnerable defensively and in goal, I don't think this team as they were 12 months ago.

Both TNS and Bala Town to win -1, is 3/1. That's a bet I like. 

I also fancy Cardiff Met and Aber over 2.5 goals, combine that with the above for 5.8/1, although that might seem a bit ambitious for some. 

Edited by Colorado

From a betting perspective it's a shame Cefn Druids/Haverfordwest is off because the Druids have started badly and Haverfordwest are having a semi-decent run and their 15/8 looked very generous...

Friday:

Caernarfon v Connah's Quay looks priced up about right so I'm not involved, although it's difficult to see beyond a Nomads win.  If crowds were allowed this would probably be my destination for the weekend.

I'm on Cardiff Met to beat Aberystwyth, which I got at 9/5.  I have Cardiff as slight outsiders and that looked slightly generous.  To my surprise the price has come in significantly and now I'd probably take Aber at the current 17/10.  Have to say I'm not sure why it changed...

Saturday:

Bala should beat Penybont, although the visitors have grown into the league this season.  Bont's successes have come against the weaker teams, while the better sides have overcome then, but at less than 1/2 I'll not bet on Bala as it looks a possible banana skin.

Newtown recruited well in the summer so their current relegation-threatened position is a surprise (to me anyway).  They should come good at some stage, but at the moment less than evens for a game against a side with the same points seems short.

Finally, the big one is TNS v Barry.  I agree with @Colorado that Barry possibly aren't as strong as last year (although I've not seen them so only basing the statement on stats and reports), although they're still one of the better teams and with some luck are capable of getting a result here.  TNS started strong this season but have stuttered a bit in their last few games so on form I don't think justify the 2/5 price.  I'm looking to Barry double chance, but I'd want a little more than the 2/1 on offer so I'll hold fire to see if it lengthens, or maybe have a look in play.

Good luck all.

On 11/13/2020 at 2:30 PM, Colorado said:

Not sure where you picked that up from, he's their former owner and ran the club into the ground.

I've only just signed up here, but follow Welsh football closely, so will chip in with comments and info.

I don't think David Cotterall has quite made the impact on the league that many would have been expecting - not yet at least, anyway.

Barry are vulnerable defensively and in goal, I don't think this team as they were 12 months ago.

Both TNS and Bala Town to win -1, is 3/1. That's a bet I like. 

I also fancy Cardiff Met and Aber over 2.5 goals, combine that with the above for 5.8/1, although that might seem a bit ambitious for some. 

Welcome to the forum, @Colorado! It will be great to have some more in-depth knowledge of the Cymru Premier for this season. No idea why I put Stewart Lovering as manager! It's still Gavin Chesterfield isn't it! ?‍♂️

It was an interesting game last night. I thought Barry might have snatched a point at the end but it did feel like TNS were playing in third gear and could step it up when they needed to.