** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > November 14th

Darran

A tiny profit on Tuesday and Wednesday night with a couple of easy wins for Gloucester and Solihull. Back to a full league fixture list on Saturday (unless Covid gets in the way) and I have 5 bets across the 3 divisions.

Altrincham v Aldershot

Altrincham were comfortably beaten by Solihull on Wednesday night and in more bad news for them they suffered more injuries. They already had plenty missing and given they have struggled for goals all season I fancy that Aldershot will probably only need to score 1 to win this. Score 1 is what they did against Notts County last Saturday as they took full advantage of an error to score their only shot on target of the whole game. I wouldn't read too much into that as the tactics were too make things hard for County and try and force them into an error which is what happened. Aldershot have scored in all 6 league games so far and apart from a 4-1 loss to league leaders Torquay they have been performing well. The 29/20 about an away win makes plenty of appeal.

Chesterfield v Maidenhead

After losing their 1st 3 games and conceding 10 goals in the process it looked like it would be a tough season for Maidenhead, but they went and won their next 4 league games. That has put them to 6th in the table and although I think they have had a bit of fortune along the way, the 3-1 over Solihull in their last league game was probably their best performance of the season. Chesterfield on the other hand have have won 2 and lost 4 of their 6 league games and although they have had some tough fixtures they haven't been playing that well. In their last league game they beat current bottom side Yeovil 1-0 and even then I didn't see anything that would make me think they should be odds on to beat a tough Maidenhead side. The 23/10 about an away looks decent value to me.

Blyth Spartans v Hereford

Thanks to Covid issues Hereford have only played 3 league games so far this season and they have had one of each result. October 27th was their last league game when they lost 2-0 to Bradford Park Avenue and they don't seem in a good place at the moment. Granted Blyth conceded 16 goals in their 1st 5 games, but they have looked much improved in their last 2. Saturday they beat Curzon 3-0 and then got a 1-1 draw against Farsley on Tuesday. They come into this game with plenty of confidence and that could be enough to see off a rusty Hereford. I am certainly happy to take a chance on them at 13/5.

Gloucester City v Bradford Park Avenue

I have watched all of Gloucester's games so far this season and it feels like I am not watching my own side given how impressive we have been. I tipped us up at the start of the season to win the league based on the team which looked strong and it has been great to see that they have performed on the pitch. I was concerned about manager's James Rowe lack of experience, but full credit to him as he has got the team playing well and it is clear there is great team spirit in the squad. An impressive 19 goals have been scored and I think the home performances have been especially impressive. The one concern is the lack of a clean sheet and again on Tuesday night they gifted Telford with a goal in the first 2 minutes. They weren't great in the 1st half, but in the 2nd half half City were totally dominant and fully deserved to run out 4-1 victors. As much as BPA are clearly a better side than the one that would have been relegated last season I just don't see how they can stop a rampant City forward line. Bookies still don't seem to have cottoned on to the fact City are one of the best sides in the division and the 10/11 that is available would be much shorter if York or Fylde were hosting BPA. I'm also going to add a bet on the -1 handicap at 23/10 which City have covered in all their home games so far.

Havant & Waterlooville v Oxford City

I know that Northampton were rubbish on Monday night, but that shouldn't take anything away from a superb performance from Oxford. That effort backs up their good form so far this season and although they lost to Hampton in their last league game that certainly doesn't put me off backing them against Havant. Havant are clearly one of the best teams in the division, but I think Oxford have it in them to win this and I would have them around the 2/1 mark and not the 3/1 they currently are.

Aldershot 2pts @ 29/20 with Bet365

Maidenhead 1pt @ 23/10 with Bet365

Blyth Spartans 1pt @ 13/5 with BetVictor

Gloucester City 3pts @ 10/11 Bet365 

Gloucester City -1 1pt @ 23/10 with Betfair

Oxford City 1pt @ 3/1 with Betfred

I've already mentioned to Darran that I am having 1pt on Wealdstone (-1), where they are 12/5 with more than one bookie. They are a team that, by all logic, are completely at the wrong end of the table but they just keep winning. They scraped past a 9 man Halifax midweek and undoubtedly have been playing teams at the right time, looking at how those teams subsequently perform, but they can only play who is in front of them and, on Saturday, in Dover they have a team in poor form who even got turned over by Altrincham in their last match.

Odds on just to win, the handicap is worth a point. Second highest scorers in the league, the concern is that that only Kings Lynn and their opponents, Dover, have shipped more. However, Dover have only scored 5 in 7 league games and three of those were in one game.

1pt Wealdstone (-1) 12/5

9 minutes ago, BaconBoys said:

Hello everyone,

Can Welling be worth of try with draw no bet and odds about 2.05?

Hemel seems in very big downtrend and Welling was maybe closer to take a win against Concord

Welcome to the forum. Not sure either side are great although Welling did do well on Tuesday. A bet on the game wouldn't be for me, but I can't put you off.