** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > November 10th/11th

Darran

It was a very frustrating weekend on the FA Cup front. The tone was set on Friday when Harrogate conceded a late goal to stop the -3 handicap bet from landing. Boreham Wood did go 2 up and those who had the bet with Bet365 will have got paid out with their 2 up offer (unless you have had offers taken off your account). Solihull were the only actual winners over the weekend though. Back to league action this week and I have 4 bets

AFC Fylde v Spennymoor

AFC Fylde did well at Exeter on Saturday in the FA Cup having gone a goal up and then going down 2-1, but this will be a tough game for them back in the league. I watched Spennymoor on Saturday against Gloucester and was impressed in what was a good game of football. Fylde dropped their first league points of the season last week against Alfreton and this will be a tougher game. Both sides are unbeaten so far and I suspect both will be in play-off contention at the very least. I would make Spennymoor no bigger than 2/1 so the 11/4 with Bet365 makes plenty of appeal from a value perspective.

Gloucester City v AFC Telford

I don't think Gloucester were at their best on Saturday and it does concern me that we keep conceding goals, but at least we are scoring plenty and I think that will be the case again here. Telford lost on Saturday to Southport and it was interesting to read that they struggled to cope with Southport's attack including set pieces and long throws. Given Gloucester's strength is their forward play I can see them putting Telford under plenty of pressure and scoring goals from it. I think they should be odds on to win this and the 11/10 with Betfred is a decent price.

Concord v Welling

I would love to have taken on Stevenage in the FA Cup on Saturday, but wasn't sure if Concord would be up to it. As it turned out I was sort of right, but it was a hell of an effort to take it to penalties after a 2-2 draw. That was on the back of a 4-1 win at Dulwich last Tuesday and they should take plenty of confidence from both performances after they lost 6-0 to Maidstone. Welling are not having a very good season. They lost to a Step 5 side in the FA Cup, they have blown a 4-1 lead to only get a point against Slough and then on Saturday Chelmsford beat them 4-0. I think 5/4 with Bet365 is a solid price about a home win.

Altrincham v Solihull Moors

There are two National League games on Wednesday, this one and Notts County v Stockport on BT Sport which should be a cracker. This is the game I think is worth betting on though and I am happy to back Solihull on the back of their FA Cup win on Sunday. Granted they weren't great in the last league game when losing 3-1 to Maidenhead, but apart from that they are doing well in the league. Altrincham on the other hand are struggling a bit on the whole and didn't offer a great deal against Wealdstone on Saturday. I think odds against quotes on an away win offer value.

Spennymoor 1pt @ 11/4 with Bet365

Gloucester City 2pts @ 6/5 with Betfair

Concord 2pts @ 5/4 with Bet365

Solihull 1pt @ 23/20 with William Hill

Didn´t trust the Odds yesterday and so i skiped the Game - but today i think odds are dropped, but also Value here. I´m on Ebbsfleet today - yesterday odds was around over 3.00. Eastbourne only 2 Days time to rested and Ebbsfleet didn´t have a Game at Weekend. Also superb H2H against Eastbourne. Odds a little bit over 2.XX so i think it´s try to worth a 2/10 bet.

Also i played a Combo with wins from St. Albans and Gateshead.

3 hours ago, Neubs said:

Didn´t trust the Odds yesterday and so i skiped the Game - but today i think odds are dropped, but also Value here. I´m on Ebbsfleet today - yesterday odds was around over 3.00. Eastbourne only 2 Days time to rested and Ebbsfleet didn´t have a Game at Weekend. Also superb H2H against Eastbourne. Odds a little bit over 2.XX so i think it´s try to worth a 2/10 bet.

Also i played a Combo with wins from St. Albans and Gateshead.

Never be scared of a drift in football matches. You could have backed them at 2/1 and have now backed them at just over evens which isn't good betting. The asian punters obviously fancy them very strongly.

Strange price drift for for Hungerford at  home to Hampton and Richmond tonight. Top of the table Hungerford ( 5 wins out of 6 ) against mid table Hampton ( played 4,  1-1-2 ). Hungerford on the drift out to as much as 13/5 ?. Anyone know anything? Had to have a single at that price....

Edit. Strangely reversing the other way now. but Hungerford still generally available at 2/1+. Surely still value?

Edited by Shep65

If it was Covid the game would have been off. Just the Asian punters fancying Hampton for some reason. I don’t think hungerford are as good as their record suggests and Hampton did beat Oxford last time, but they only played a tough fa cup game on Sunday so for me the prices were wrong. Any big movement in a non league game is likely to have been because of the Asian markets