** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

My each-way strategy

Hi,

I start my strategy of each-way betting by selecting all horses which have a minimum of 4 stars about their star rating and all horses which have a 50% or better record at CD, D, G or S

(These informations are in orange on the website attheraces.com, example with Nightly Wailing with CD at Dundalk today at 15:05).

I don't know if these criteria are sufficient, please tell me what do you think about my strategy ?

I see the logic in what you are doing , but the selections will probably be over bet because of the information showing on the site and the statistics you are using.ATR cards give you good information and many say it’s a better card set up than RP. I can’t get out of the habit of using RP cards though . Good luck with it anyway .

There are a few others on here that can offer better advice than myself. All I’ll say is that there’s no golden egg betting on the horses . I’ve used a few different methods over the years , and I think you kind of have to learn the hard way. As the saying goes you need to learn how to lose money before you learn how to win it. One bit of advice I’ll give you, and that’s try and have fun with it and try out new ways of picking your selections. Put on small stakes or no money at all until you’re confident you are on to a good system of placing your bets. Try and dig a bit deeper than what you see on a Racecard. It can be overwhelming, it was for me anyway, but if you put the work in your selections will improve. As I said there’s much better advice on here rather than me giving it you. 

Yes I test my system on paper, no bet in real and for the moment it's ok but with just 40 selection, I wait to reach 1000 selections before making a decision.

I have created a script that extracts the horses according to the criteria I want, my goal would be to add all important criteria to be taken into account and the script then automatically selects the horses according to these criteria.

On 11/10/2020 at 7:47 AM, Villa Chris said:

There are a few others on here that can offer better advice than myself. All I’ll say is that there’s no golden egg betting on the horses . I’ve used a few different methods over the years , and I think you kind of have to learn the hard way

I agree, your main focus needs to be to enjoy the horse racing, if you are wanting to make serious money there are easier areas than horse racing. I've been betting for 40 years and probably lost money for the first 30 years although I didn't keep records then.

I would suggest that paper trading your systems is key and I wouldn't risk real money until  I had at least 100 winners and was showing a profit.