** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

PDC World Cup

Fader

Netherlands and England have dominated this event through the years but there is a distinct feeling that this is a wide open event. MVG doesn't look like the MVG of old. England have players who are both having issues and Scotland are a 100/1 shot instead of favourites with Gary Anderson and Peter Wright both missing.

England take on Phillipines in the first and you wonder if the Phillipines are a spot of value in that match. Cross hasn't been right for ages and Smith's doubling has been pretty poor.

time is against me here so here's my picks

2pts E/W Germany to win World Cup 14/1 bet365
1pt E/W Australia to win World Cup 28/1 betfair
1pt E/W Poland to win World Cup 40/1 paddypower
----------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts E/W Hong Kong to win World Cup 150/1 skybet
0.5pts E/W S.Africa to win World Cup 200/1 betfair

Australia through. Few impressive performances yesterday, including Germany and Australia. The one that stands out today is Canada to beat New Zealand. Jeff Smith can be very inconsistent but both he and Campbell looked good yesterday with a 94.51 average. NZ beat Denmark 5-2 and hit an average of 86.22. 

4pts Canada to beat New Zealand 3/4 betfair

World Cup Bets +2pts (deducting 2 outright picks)

Canada win with ease 2-0. The doubles wasn't even needed. It's Canada who I'm following again today. I think Belgium have two players that both can easily hit 80-85 averages at any given match. Canadas averages have been 94.51, Jeff Smith managed an 88.32 whilst Campbell hit 96.19. Compare that to Belgium who hit 93.53 in their first match but in the singles, Kim hit 87.13 whilst Van Den Bergh 83.56. If it's similar kind of performances then Canada should have every chance.

5pts Canada to beat Belgium 9/5 betfair 

World Cup Bets +4pts (deducting 3 outright picks)

Well, Canada should have won. Australia should have won. What can you do? Whitlock found a way to lose against Price. Heta was always going to beat Clayton, of whom is the weak link of the Welsh side. Luckily, MVG was injured and that saw Germany through. Whitlock really let down Australia and to be honest, Hopp is letting Germany down too. Tonight's Semi-final is what most of us would have expected barring perhaps Germany.

England Vs Belgium
wales Vs Germany

Both England and Belgium look pretty average in my opinion. Cross looks pretty poor and there is probably value to be had in taking Belgium in that Semi-final. In the other, unfortunately if Max Hopp doesn't start performing it's going to be the demise of Germany. I think Clemens beats Clayton but I'm not sure of the pairings yet. I need Germany to beat Wales for any kind of outright payout here and the only bet I'll go with is Belgium to beat England

4pts Belgium to beat England 11/8 paddypower

World Cup Bets -3pts (deducting 4 outright picks)