** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Thursday 5th November

One Trixie today

1.45 Sed Cash Again 2/1
2.40 M/R Just So Cool 7/2 (£2 win at 4/1)
3.15 M/R Project Mars 3/1 (£2 win at 3/1)

One £1 Trixie at £1 = £4 = poss return of £97.50

2.30 Nb  Dell Arca £1 win at 8/1

3.05 Nb Azzerti £1 win at 7/1
3.05 Nb Morning Vicar £1 win at 11/4 (Ins Bet)

Total multiples = £4

Total Singles = £7

Total bets = £11

Poss back later with AW selections

Hoorahh that UK racing is not included in lockdown

===============================================================================================

Anyone watching the 3.15 at Market Rasen would have thought that Project Mars would have won the race, it traded for £778 at 1.12.  Anyway not to be as it just ran out of steam and got passed by two other horses.  Another £4 loss and the c/fwd balance is now £621.69 (£800 Bank)

The singles fared better with two winners and an insurance bet winning too.  Dell' Arca was top rated by Timeform and top RPR so that was a lovely win.  £7 outlay v a return of £22.75 results in a net profit of £15.75 on the day.  The balance c/fwd is now £158.24 (Bank £400)

Two day's running with wins using the Timeform and RPR as a basis for my bets looks good.  Let's hope it isn't a fluke?

It's a pity that Kempton was abandoned earlier because of fog, William Buick had some good rides and may have got close to Oisin Murphy for the title.  Looks like that tomorrow's and Saturday's rides won't be enough.  However, he will give it his best shot I'm sure

Three over the jumps and one All weather in the UK tomorrow, though the going at Hexam is Heavy so I may not look at it until I am sure that the meeting goes ahead.

Nighty night

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

4 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

230 newb 

Third wind 299

Dell arca   297 

Kateson 292

Top 2 here look strong bets given that kateson is better over 2m4f ...I'll.play 

Third wind 10pt win 4/1 willh 

Dell arca 5pt ew 7/1 willh 

Dell arca wins nicely .....about 50pts returned 

25 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

Dell arca wins nicely .....about 50pts returned 

Well done Richard; I backed it too.  Top rated on both RPR and Timeform; pity I didn't put it in my Trixie instead of a lousy 2/1 favourite where a 100/1 shot won.

I am writing up a comment on General Racing chit chat today regarding ratings and would appreciate your thoughts in addition to those already mentioned to @Valiant Thor on 27/10/20 which I found very interesting

32 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Well done Richard; I backed it too.  Top rated on both RPR and Timeform; pity I didn't put it in my Trixie instead of a lousy 2/1 favourite where a 100/1 shot won.

I am writing up a comment on General Racing chit chat today regarding ratings and would appreciate your thoughts in addition to those already mentioned to @Valiant Thor on 27/10/20 which I found very interesting

Nice win ....I'm just glad the racing is going ahead so I feel lucky tbh .....I'll keep an eye out for your post ...or just tag me in it if you can 

All prices Bet365:

6.00 Kempton - 1pt e/w Uncle Dick @ 10/1

Ran really well in two sprint novice races to start his career but never travelled a yard on soft ground last time (well backed). Can forgive that effort and the return to a sounder surface here looks likely to suit. There's plenty of pedigree on his dam's side so a mile shouldn't be an issue and if bouncing back now, looks a big price.

6.30 Kempton - 1pt e/w Bandoss @ 9/1

Ran well on debut before his form dropped at Bath when last seen. Has had wind surgery since and is holding up okay in the market here after that break. He's bred to do better than this mark and interestingly all three races won by this one's half siblings have all been on the all-weather, so an interesting debutant on the polytrack.

7.00 Kempton - 2pts win Sceptred Isle @ 5/1

Favourite has to prove itself over the trip and I think the drop back in distance will suit this one. Has been racing handily in novice events over further and only being run down late on having raced freely on the front end. Has been beaten by good horses in those events so handicapping now off a fair mark looks a good move and looks certain to go forward from stall 1 and be tough to pass.

8.00 Kempton - 2pts win Bird for Life @ 5/1

Consistent type who finishes off strongly including the last couple of times. One of those came here but in a grade higher and should find things easier back down to class 5. Looks like a couple of pace angles in here which will help and if timing it right, can hopefully get up late in the day.