Announcements
** February Poker League Result : 1st juanmoment, 2nd Rivrd, 3rd the_dak **
** Last Man Standing Results - drew005 wins £250 / Wishy wins £50 **
** February Naps Competition Result: 1st RAYSINGH_GURU, 2nd CASH OUT KEV, 3rd HARRY_FAINT99, 4th DONNYFLYER. KO Cup Winner MRJOL, Most Winners: BYMATRIX **

Non-League Predictions > November 3rd

Another cracking day on Saturday with 3/4 winners and October was an incredible month. It will be almost impossible to keep that strike rate up, but hopefully the profits will continue. It looks like this will be the last set of matches for the Step 3 leagues for a month given lockdown, but with elite sport able to carry on we will have the 3 National League divisions to keep us going over lockdown.

First of all I am going to add a couple of ante-post tips to those I put up at the start of the season. It was hard to not be impressed with Torquay on Saturday as the hammered Hartlepool 5-0. For me they have the best manager in the division and he got Cheltenham promoted despite them not having the best squad in the league and he could easily do that again. They have only lost once and already 5 points clear at the top. 8/1 e/w looks a solid bet for me at this stage. 

The other team I have been impressed with in the past week is Boston and I think they have a big chance in the National League North. I am obviously happy with my 20/1 about Gloucester, but Boston looked good on Tuesday night despite the fact they dropped 2 points late on. It was clear they will be title contenders and again they look a solid e/w bet at 7/1.

Torquay 1pt e/w @ 8/1 with Bet365

Boston 1pt e/w @ 7/1 with William Hill

Folkestone v Hornchurch

Onto Tuesday's bets and we start in the Isthmian Premier with Hornchurch. They were one of my ante-post bets and had a disappointing start to the season, but they have looked much better in recent weeks and have scored 11 goals in their last 4 league games. They have conceded just twice in that spell as well. Folkestone aren't going anywhere near as well as they did last season. The 3 league games they have won have been against some of the weaker sides in the division and I think Hornchurch will be too strong for them.

Gainsborough Trinity v South Shields

South Shields will be disappointed they find themselves 7 points from top and they are actually level on points with their hosts on Tuesday, but as their win against Halifax in the FA Cup showed they are a very good side. Usually I would have a bit of a concern that they might have one eye on their FA Cup tie at Cheltenham at the weekend, but given the season is likely to be stopped after tomorrow a win here will be crucial. They have a much better side on paper than Gainsborough and odds against quotes look value.

Redditch v Hednesford

Redditch were expected to be whipping boys again, but they have done amazingly well and are currently in 6th place and 5 points clear of Tuesday's opponents. Granted Hednesford are showing signs of improvement for the change of manager and did beat Bromsgrove 5-1 in their last league game. Bromsgrove are having a dire season so far though and this will be tougher. I just don't understand why the away side are odds on for this and at over 2/1 the value has to be with the home side.

Treble

There are 3 sides I like who are all at home and all odds on, but look likely to win. The treble pays 2.7/1 with Betfred. Buxton host a Stratford side with just 1 point and should be too strong. Swindon Supermarine have a good side and should beat a struggling Hartley Wintney side. In the same division Chesham host a Beaconsfield side who are bottom with just two points to their name.

Hornchurch 1pt @ 13/8 with Bet365

South Shields 1pt @ 5/4 with Betfred

Redditch 1pt @ 21/10 with Bet365

Buxton/Swindon Supermarine/Chesham 1pt @ 2.7/1 with Betfred

I've taken a few bets for Tuesday/Wednesday

South Shields to beat Gainsborough @ 2.32 3/5 Units

Billericay to beat Hemel @ 2.65 2/5 Units

Boston United to beat Bradford PA @ 2.20 5/5 Units

Like Darran I like South Shields, Gainsboroughs manager sounded extremely negative in his interview after their latest defeat and South Shields are probably the best team in the division. For me Boston United is a maxbet, BPA was very lucky to get a point at the weekend and Boston should be a class above them. Betway still have 2.20 on Boston and I think they will be around 1.60 closer to the game.

Edited by dawwe92

daawe92. I think the Hayes/Harrow game is off.

I'm with you on the South Shields and Boston calls but oddly I was thinking of putting up Hemel to beat Billericay.

Billericay have lost all their first 4 games, only scoring twice. Against a much better side in Ebbsfleet on Saturday, the 1-2 scoreline appeared to flatter them, as Ebbsfleet had a goal disallowed at 2-0 up and should have been out of sight at half time.

To be fair, Hemel are no great shakes either, having lost their first 3 before Saturday but they appeared to have at least found their shooting boots getting past bottom of the table Braintree  4-3 away from home. Could have just been 2 very poor sides in a slugfest.

I'd favour Hemel with home advantage (at 6/4 with BV). Got me doubting now...

Edited by Shep65

Yea I noticed that after I posted and removed it.

I have to admit Im not super confident about Billericay, but I think they have a better squad than Hemel and whilst they were second best vs Ebbsfleet they were good against Havant who are a strong side and I would have them as slight favourites for this game.

You should go with your gut though, I dont want to put you off going with what you think :)

Edited by dawwe92

Slightly surprised anyone wants to have a bet in the Hemel v Billericay game given how bad both sides are. I didn't even want to touch Hemel when they played Braintree on Saturday as I didn't really trust them at a shortish price. 

As much as I think Boston are good and have backed them for the title the one concern I do have is how clinical they are in front of goal which would always be enough to put me off at odds on. Betway's price wasn't showing up on Oddschecker and they aren't betting on the game now. At the time of me looking they were only odds against in a place which would have been hard for people to get one with and I don't want to take odds on. Their passing game should suit the 3g pitch though.