** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Champion Of Champions 2020

Fader

We're straight into this today from the completion of Kyren Wilson winning the Championship League. It's an interesting event involving 16 players of whom are mostly winners of ranking events. The actual event I believe is NOT a ranking event though. 150k for the winner and title held by Neil Robertson.

Each day is played in a group format. For example, today, Robertson plays Jimmy White whilst Higgins is up against Ding. Winner of those two plays eachother and that winner moves into the semi-finals.

N.Robertson Vs J.White
J.Higgins Vs D.Junhui
-----
J.Trump Vs S.Bingham
S.Murphy Vs D.Gilbert
-----
M.Selby Vs L.Brecel
K.Wilson Vs S.Maguire
-----
R.O'Sullivan Vs M.Holt
M.Allen Vs S.Donaldson

Winner of each of these four segments will play in a semi-final kicking off 6th November with the final being on the 7th november.

I'm going to take a player from the top half and a player from the bottom half here. The player I'm going to stick with in the top half and a player that looks like he is getting ever closer to another big win (yes, I know it's not a ranking event) is John Higgins. He is playing some real nice stuff at present and he has a good record against Ding. He's beaten Ding in the last three head-2-heads and beat him only recently in the English Open 4-1. He would then face Neil Robertson, the defending champion (most likely). These two played eachother last year in the Worlds and Higgins came through. I also feel like Higgins will be more comfortable as I can see Robbo just steamrolling Jimmy and having no competitive snooker in him ready for the "final" which will be tonight at 7pm.

In the bottom half it's abit more tricky. I can't see Ronnie caring about a non ranking event. Heck, he doesn't even care about the big events no more. Trump is looking awesome right now and I can't see anybody but him making the Semi-final. He would meet Mark Allen or Ronnie (or Holt if Ronnie can't be bothered) and thanks to Ronnie, we can find value in Allen and even Holt. 

2pts E/W J.Higgins to win Champion of Champions 16/1 willhill
2pts E/W M.Allen to win Champion of Champions 18/1 betway
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0.5pts E/W M.Holt to win Champion of Champions 250/1 willhill

2-0 and 3-2 up and still loses. On to group 2 today and for all it looks like a Trump vs Murphy final but instead of taking evens at best for Trump I’ll take Murphy -1.5 against Gilbert. Gilbert just hasn’t been playing great for a while now 

5pts S.Murphy (-1.5) to beat D.Gilbert 11/10 bet365

Not the greatest start. Today is a real 50/50.

K.Wilson
M.Selby
S.Maguire
L.Brecel

You would think that Wilson plays Selby in the final but that final is a hard one to call. I'm going to chance Selby on a -2.5 handicap here. I think he's playing some top stuff right now and has won the last four head-2-heads. He beat Brecel 4-2 in the last race to 4 but prior to that won the previous three matches 3-0 or 3-1.

4pts M.Selby (-2.5 frames) to beat L.Brecel 7/4 bet365

Champ of Champs bets -8pts

Selby wins 4-2. One shy of the -2.5 handicap. Standard! Let's keep this run going (sarcasm) and I'll take Kyren Wilson on a -1.5 handicap to beat Maguire. Wilson beat Maguire 6-1 in their last head-2-head and has just come off winning the Championship League at a similar framed format. Maguire went out early in the English Open and hasn't hit a century yet this season.

5pts K.Wilson (-1.5 frames) to beat S.Maguire 11/10 bet365

ha, I was too greedy. I was tempted to go for Wilson/Selby -1.5 double. Ofcourse if I did, it would have lost. 

I think Kyren Wilson is worth following again tonight. Selby has a good record against Kyren Wilson but Kyren is hitting some hot form right now and despite being 2-0 down in their last head-2-head, he came back to win 3-2 in the Championship League. Breaks today of 130,77, 72 and 59 in the four frames won paint a picture of his scoring right now. Selby only managed a 53 today.

5pts K.Wilson to beat M.Selby 6/5 bet365

Champ of Champs bets -6.5pts

4-0 up. 5-3 up. Loses 5-3 :D blimey!

Ronnie gets underway at 1pm. I would have preferred to be taking him on when i'm in profit in a tournament but that's not happening right now. Holt has actually won the last three head-2-heads. How many players could say that about Ronnie?

2pts M.Holt to beat R.O'Sullivan 9/2 betfred

champion bets -16.5pts

1 hour ago, Fader said:

4-0 up. 5-3 up. Loses 5-3 :D blimey!

Ronnie gets underway at 1pm. I would have preferred to be taking him on when i'm in profit in a tournament but that's not happening right now. Holt has actually won the last three head-2-heads. How many players could say that about Ronnie?

2pts M.Holt to beat R.O'Sullivan 9/2 betfred

champion bets -16.5pts

exactly! I thought it was going to be a definitely win too! ??

Well Holt didn't turn up but atleast Allen did and he's now through to play Trump in the Semi-finals tomorrow. In todays Semi-final we have Selby up against Neil Robertson. I think Selby is fortunate to get through here, Wilson absolutely threw that match away 4-0 up and was missing all sorts. I fancy Robertson to win this. He is most certainly playing the better snooker, in the scoring bracket especially

6pts N.Robertson to beat M.Selby 5/6 boylesports

Robertson wins and hits the highest break. What a match that was. SIX centuries. Selby hit two 137s and a 131 and still lost. I think Robertson is a favourite to beat whomever wins today. I'm hoping Allen can get through today but Trump is playing some awesome stuff himself as of late. He hit 5 centuries in the 6-3 over Gilbert. The quality of this event has been right up there and I think the bet for today has to be on centuries

4pts 3+ Match Centuries (Trump Vs Allen) 11/8 betfair

champion bets -9.5pts

Well just the one century but Allen destroys Trump 6-1. Allen takes on Robertson in the Champion of Champions final. I do get the feeling that we'll see a different Robertson to what we saw against Selby It's very rare that you see such an elite performance twice in a row. We saw it with Trump and this could really play into Allens hands. I have Allen to win this at 18/1 so worst case scenario they'll be a profit in the thread now

Come on Allen 

champion bets -13.5pts

Mark Allen wins the event. Absolute class considering he had to deal with a whingey Ronnie O'Sullivan and had to beat Ronnie, Trump and Robertson and didn't require even one deciding frame. 18/1 outright winner.

champion bets +40.50pts
Snooker 2020 bets 
+228pts