** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Sunday 1st November

Sha Tin
0445  -  3 Vincy     - 2nd
0515  -  4 Apollos Bow  - unplaced
0545  -  2 Golden Link   - unplaced
0615  -  6 Go Goal Toby  -  unplaced
0705  -  3 Galatic    - 4th
0740  -  13 Winwin Thirtythree   - 4th
0810  - 3 Hong Kong Win  -  3rd
0840  -  2 Southern Legend  -  4th
0915  -  10 Dublin Star  -  unplaced
0950  -  12 True Legend  -  4th

Edited by ipswich45
results being added

Sha Tin ( but not getting up )

445- God Of Dragon

515- Fox Cheunger

545- Seize The Spirit ew

615- Telecom Rocket

705- Run Run Good

740- Copartner Era 3/1 sky

810- Hong Kong Win. 3rd

840 ( Group 3 )- Furore  1st 9/2

915- Inner Flame 6/1 ew sky

950- True Legend 8/1 ew sky ( 4 places ) 4th

bad day at the office.

Edited by calva decoy
Updated results

The tour of Irish nationals continues & this week its Corks  turn (3.20)   A lot of the regular runners in these races  and  it depends on if the horse is primed for the day. One horse that fits that bill is  last years winner  The Gatechecker  who has  had 2 prep runs over hurdles for this looks set for a big run as big as 12/1 in places &  11/1 for 6places i would not put anyone off backiing it  i hav'nt only because i had a short list of 5 and narrowed down to back 3 e/w Ballymacaw was also in my 5 but narrowly misses out at 40/1 again may be worth a few shilling e/w now he has been swiched to Edna Bolger yard the 3 that i have backed e/w i;m confident will give me a good run for my money . Main bet in the race is 25/1 (6 places ) shot MICK THE JIVER has  ran twice this season over shorter trips will be suited by the step back up on a  nice mark. OUT SAM a regular in these could  fall could pull up  could win as he did 2years  ago depends what sam turns up you pay your money and take your chance not badly handicaped around a 14/1 can get  16's  but only 4 places. AH  LITTLELUCK  20/1 6 places i think  this horse will pick up  one of this type of races soon may well be today although is 6lb out of the handicap  i still think it will capable of running  a big race day.

Edited by Tedthewolf

I have 5 horses today which according to my ratings have a slight edge.
Rather than backing them ew Im dutching the win and ew for equal profit win or place.
At the win prices 1 win is expected & at the ew prices 2 places are expected
Any win or place returns approx 34.60pts so a single win returns 69.20pts and likewise 2 places that is the expected minimum return (loss of 30%) at the prices.
But Im expecting at least a minimum of 3 or possibly 4 will creep into the frame due to a couple of 4 place races (profit of 3.8% or 38.4% respectively) those are my expected targets.
Then again it could all go belly up but no risk no reward.
100pts staked Skybet
image.png.92427e757826413885a63b974375a87d.png

All prices Bet365:

12.48 Huntingdon - 2pts win Camouflaged @ 11/2

Think the favourite is beatable under a penalty and this former Mark Johnston horse looks to hold good claims on hurdling debut for Charlie Mann. Was in form recently on the level and we know he stays this trip well. Has a lovely pedigree, related to some smart types and wasn't a cheap purchase for this stint over jumps. If jumping well, has all the right credentials to make a decent juvenile hurdler.

1.30 Naas - 1pt e/w One Last Look @ 25/1

Tough ask to return from a long absence to win this but the form of her debut win was very strong and then ran okay in a Group 3 behind Love when last seen. Has been off since but clearly has a lot of ability and if returning in top heart, 25/1 could look a bit big. Her half sibling had no issues on deep ground so hopefully that won't be an excuse and rates as an interesting outsider. 

2.05 Carlisle - 2pts win Instant Replay @ 9/2

Chase form is better than that over hurdles but his handicap mark reflects that and didn't run too badly last time. Crucially he stays further than this and goes on bottomless ground which will both be vital this afternoon. Can see him going forward and them struggling to peg him back this afternoon. 

2.22 Huntingdon - 1pt e/w I'dliketheoption @ 16/1

Definitely capable of landing this but isn't the easiest to predict and can just down tools if it's not a going day for him. That said, he's well handicapped on old form and conditions suit here. This is also the weakest race he's competed in for some time and this easier company might just help him lie up with them a bit better and if racing with confidence, can put his best foot forward and go close at a price.

2.40 Carlisle - 2pts win Brewin'upastorm @ 7/2

Imperial Aura is a progressive type but I think there's still plenty more to come from Brewin'upastorm who fell in the Arkle when last seen. Was smart over hurdles but was always likely to make a better chaser and didn't do too much wrong in novice events last year. Goes well fresh and the 4lb he receives from the favourite could be vital.

3.45 Carlisle - 1pt e/w Dino Boy @ 8/1

Is rated quite a lot lower than some of his rivals here but a featherweight is no bad thing in these conditions and this one also stays all day. Was in good form for Nigel Twiston-Davies last season and has joined a yard in form in Iain Jardine. In what's likely to be a real slog, it might just suit this one to perfection.

Cork Grand National 3.20

OUT SAM 12/1 betfair ( 5 places with boost ) 

5th ?

Previous winner , fell last time out , on a decent mark , won't mind the soft going , has been hammered in the market , was 20's but at 12's still better value than the 2 market favourites Deadbeat & Tokyo Getaway.

Edited by calva decoy
Updated results

One Trixie today:

2.40 Carl Imperial Aura 6/4 (Napped 7 times!) (No win or lay bet)
3.27 Hunt West To Cross Gales (CL7) £2 win at 11/2 (Ins lay at 1.95, £10.20)
3.45 Carl The Very First Time (HS) £2 win at 10/3 (Ins Lay at 1.95 £8.50)

One £1 win Trixie = £4 v Poss Return £125.67

Other bets:

2.05 Carl Catchmeifyoucan (SQ 10%, winner yesterday) £1.20 win at 8/1 = £10.80

small bets on donkeys:

2.22 Hunt Little Stevie 33p win at 33/1

2.55 Hunt Simply Lucky 33p win at 66/1

3.27 Hunt Arboratum 34p win at 33/1

Total multiples = £4

Total singles = £6.20

= Total stakes £10.20

===============================================================================================

Just one winner in the Trixie so a loss of £4.  The balance is now £618.69 (Bank £800)

No luck with the singles either so a loss of £6.20.  The balance is now £143.19 (Bank £400)

Two over the jumps and two all weather tomorrow in the UK.  Looks as though the meetings will go ahead so we all have a good chance to lose more money.  Have a good night's rest everyone

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

EW Shot

Naas 3.05 - Ultra Pride at 16/1 bet365

Was beaten 4 lengths by the overnight favourite The Names Jack last time out but is now 10lbs better off

Acts on Heavy and has run well here before

Been getting closer with his last 3 runs, beaten 12 lengths, 10 lengths, 4 lengths

gets the first time cheekpieces

Fair chance that he'll reverse placing with 'Jack' and if he does should be thereabouts

52 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

Cork Grand National 3.20

OUT SAM 12/1 betfair ( 5 places with boost )

Previous winner , fell last time out , on a decent mark , won't mind the soft going , has been hammered in the market , was 20's but at 12's still better value than the 2 market favourites Deadbeat & Tokyo Getaway.

Yeah about half a dozen of them really getting hammered in the market  Deadheat and 3rd fav Caddy Rose are friendless in the market, Very interesting race and bookies market.

5 hours ago, Valiant Thor said:

I have 5 horses today which according to my ratings have a slight edge.
Rather than backing them ew Im dutching the win and ew for equal profit win or place.
At the win prices 1 win is expected & at the ew prices 2 places are expected
Any win or place returns approx 34.60pts so a single win returns 69.20pts and likewise 2 places that is the expected minimum return (loss of 30%) at the prices.
But Im expecting at least a minimum of 3 or possibly 4 will creep into the frame due to a couple of 4 place races (profit of 3.8% or 38.4% respectively) those are my expected targets.
Then again it could all go belly up but no risk no reward.
100pts staked Skybet
image.png.92427e757826413885a63b974375a87d.png

image.png.0c3355b0c7903f87a3ddd05b486690b3.png
Out of all the 5 runners Lord Sparky was the one I most expected to at least place :\
Bad day at the office with a loss of 30.74pts :$