** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Friday 30th Oct

1.55 Wetherby. Say The Word (9/1 bet 365). Looked very game when runner up at Huntingdon on heavy ground last season. Off the same mark tomorrow and a slight increase in trip + the uphill finish at Wetherby should suit (and won't mind any more rain). Was weak in the market and didn't show much on reappearance but does look a bit of a barrel so probably just needed the run.

Never traveling or looking like getting involved ?

Edited by yossa6133

255 newm 

Duke of kondicote  277

Mutamaded 274 

Speed company  272 

Close race .....Duke of kondicote has some strong form coming into this but mutamaded ran a stinker on all weather last time ...a return to turf should very much suit and looks way overpriced at 33/1 ...top 2 for me 

Duke of kondicote 10pt win 3/1 bet365 

Mutamaded 5pt ew 33/1 betvic 

12 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

255 newm 

Duke of kondicote  277

Mutamaded 274 

Speed company  272 

Close race .....Duke of kondicote has some strong form coming into this but mutamaded ran a stinker on all weather last time ...a return to turf should very much suit and looks way overpriced at 33/1 ...top 2 for me 

Duke of kondicote 10pt win 3/1 bet365 

Mutamaded 5pt ew 33/1 betvic 

We compare ratings .. so heres mine for you (its a no bet race for me)
image.png.92d5da3c4a66c646e75fc8a2bda571c2.png
Using RPR TR I get
image.png.1d3caa86e41f560b181d59245b79d655.png
Hope D o C doesn't get mugged like your last couple :hope
G'Luck :ok
D o C a NR now :eyes

Edited by Valiant Thor

All prices Bet365:

11.55 Wetherby - 1pt e/w One More Fleurie @ 10/1

Didn't show much on reappearance but may have needed that and it also came in a better race than this. Previously has shown some solid enough form before racing too freely over three miles in the mud at the back end of last year. With fitness on side and the drop back in trip a potential positive around here, can see a better effort this afternoon off a decent mark.

12.35 Newmarket - 2pts win Alanmar @ 5/1

Has a good pedigree and is related to 5 decent winners with the majority scoring either on their first or second start so this one is likely to be forward and William Haggas' are usually good to go on debut. Has plenty of soft ground horses in its pedigree too so lots to like on debut here at a backable price.

12.50 Uttoxeter - 1pt e/w Everything Now @ 28/1

The favourite is the likely winner if good to go but I think Everything Now has sound each-way hopes here. Was green on debut in a bumper but shaped well at a big price after a long absence last time out over hurdles, finishing midfield but not beaten a million miles considering it was his debut over jumps after a long absence. Also will certainly want further than two miles and this extra half mile will suit. He's a half brother to three jumpers all rated 20-30lbs higher than him so definite scope for improvement and his relatives stay so two miles was never likely to suit.

2.10 Wetherby - 1pt e/w Louis Vac Pouch @ 10/1

Bit in an out in his career to date but showed some good novice chase form and also ran well in a big handicap chase at the Cheltenham festival earlier in the year too. Much of his racing has come over shorter than ideal or in novice races against good horses so I think there's some scope off this mark in a handicap with conditions in his favour. Jumping will need to hold up but has the benefit of a recent run and that could help him against some types returning from absences today. 

2.55 Newmarket - 2pts win Hawridge Flyer @ 7/1

Runs this track well and runs off the same mark as when fighting out the finish with Berrahri here a few starts back. The pair were 7 lengths clear and this one has had excuses since - running in a hot race here on good ground and then hampered over a shorter than ideal 1m2f trip last time out. Returns to ideal conditions in terms of track, trip and ground now and looks to hold a real chance this afternoon.

3.30 Newmarket - 2pts win Awake My Soul @ 9/2

Is getting on a bit now but still in good heart and the race wasn't quite ideal at Pontefract last time. Got outpaced on the home turn as can happen there and those in front tend to get away from you, as they did that day. This long straight should play more to his strengths and he's clearly still in decent form so in a winnable race looks worthy of a bet.

13.15 Down Royal

The Grade Three Mares Novice Hurdle sees some very exciting young hurdlers line up and Champion Bumper third place QUEENS BROOK (Nap) can show considerably more after scrambling home by a neck at Fairyhouse on her Hurdle debut three weeks ago. This thrilling five year old mare showed her star potential last term in bumpers landing her first two races in fine style and when stepped up to the Champion Bumper was a very close third. Gordon Elliott was quoted as saying she was three-quarters fit for that assignment and that the lack of gallop there was not in her favour. Conditions will suit and considering the mare's novices' hurdle at the Cheltenham Festival is the plan, she ought to be right on the premises and is the one to beat.

Edited by ChasingDreams

6 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

All prices Bet365:

11.55 Wetherby - 1pt e/w One More Fleurie @ 10/1

Didn't show much on reappearance but may have needed that and it also came in a better race than this. Previously has shown some solid enough form before racing too freely over three miles in the mud at the back end of last year. With fitness on side and the drop back in trip a potential positive around here, can see a better effort this afternoon off a decent mark.

12.35 Newmarket - 2pts win Alanmar @ 5/1

Has a good pedigree and is related to 5 decent winners with the majority scoring either on their first or second start so this one is likely to be forward and William Haggas' are usually good to go on debut. Has plenty of soft ground horses in its pedigree too so lots to like on debut here at a backable price.

12.50 Uttoxeter - 1pt e/w Everything Now @ 28/1

The favourite is the likely winner if good to go but I think Everything Now has sound each-way hopes here. Was green on debut in a bumper but shaped well at a big price after a long absence last time out over hurdles, finishing midfield but not beaten a million miles considering it was his debut over jumps after a long absence. Also will certainly want further than two miles and this extra half mile will suit. He's a half brother to three jumpers all rated 20-30lbs higher than him so definite scope for improvement and his relatives stay so two miles was never likely to suit.

2.10 Wetherby - 1pt e/w Louis Vac Pouch @ 10/1

Bit in an out in his career to date but showed some good novice chase form and also ran well in a big handicap chase at the Cheltenham festival earlier in the year too. Much of his racing has come over shorter than ideal or in novice races against good horses so I think there's some scope off this mark in a handicap with conditions in his favour. Jumping will need to hold up but has the benefit of a recent run and that could help him against some types returning from absences today. 

2.55 Newmarket - 2pts win Hawridge Flyer @ 7/1

Runs this track well and runs off the same mark as when fighting out the finish with Berrahri here a few starts back. The pair were 7 lengths clear and this one has had excuses since - running in a hot race here on good ground and then hampered over a shorter than ideal 1m2f trip last time out. Returns to ideal conditions in terms of track, trip and ground now and looks to hold a real chance this afternoon.

3.30 Newmarket - 2pts win Awake My Soul @ 9/2

Is getting on a bit now but still in good heart and the race wasn't quite ideal at Pontefract last time. Got outpaced on the home turn as can happen there and those in front tend to get away from you, as they did that day. This long straight should play more to his strengths and he's clearly still in decent form so in a winnable race looks worthy of a bet.

Well done on Awake My Soul, the outsider