** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

European Championships

Fader

This gets underway today. It's live on ITV4. I haven't had the most time in the world to have a look through this. I'm still rather annoying that Ross Smith lost to Cullen at 150/1 and Cullen won the event. Cullen of whom I've backed so many times and was thinking of at 50/1 but ofcourse didn't back.

Ross Smith has managed to qualify for this event again and is in the favoured bottom half of the draw. I'm going to take just one from the top half and that will be Devon Petersen. I think he will be up for this and if his scoring is there, he is somebody who can beat anybody as shown over the last several months. I'll take Kuivenhoven to win the quarter purely on the poor form of Aspinall and the players around him.

In the bottom, I'm taking Ratajski, Michael Smith and Ross Smith. I think the winner of Smith Vs Smith could go deep here. De Sousa was tempting but the price was too skinny and I think Clayton could give him a game. 

1pt E/W D.Petersen to win European Championships 14/1 betvictor
0.5pts E/W M.Kuivenhoven to win Quarter 1 25/1 willhill 
1pt E/W K.Ratajski to win European Championship 18/1 betfair
1pt E/W M.Smith to win European Championship 25/1 888sport

1pt E/W R.Smith to win European Championship 75/1 betfair
0.5pts E/W J.Clayton to win European Championship 50/1 betfair

10pts staked

Clayton wins but fully let down by the likes of Ratajski and Chisnall. Michael Smith beats Ross Smith but both looked woeful +1pt but -5pts on the tournament outrights that have gone out early.

The last 16 gets underway in 3 hours. Here is the line-up:

J.Hughes Vs W.O'Connor
N.Aspinall Vs J.Wade
D.Petersen Vs M.Kleermaker
MVG Vs I.White
G.Price Vs P.Wright
M.Suljovic Vs S.West
J.De Sousa Vs J.Clayton
M.Smith Vs D.Van Duijvenbode

It wouldn't suprise me to see O'Connor and Wade come through. I'd like to think Petersen can make it through to play MVG in the Quarters. Winner of that match very much likely to make the final. I'm not holding out much hope for my outright pick in Michael Smith. Van Duijvenbode played well in the beating of Noppert and managed a near 100 average in his 6-0 win. I think he is worth backing against Smith. I also think West has a good chance against Suljovic, but my only pick will be Van Duijvenbode. And ofcourse an accy.

4pts Van Duijvenbode to beat M.Smith 11/8 bet365
1pt accy - Wade / Petersen / Van Duijvenbode / West 22/1 bet365

European Championships -4pts
Darts 2020 - +78.5pts

A real good day of darts today. We've seen the demise of Nathan Aspinall, Van Gerwen, 9-Darter man Jose De Sousa and Gerwyn Price. Van Duijvenbode beat Michael Smith and the 22/1 accy wins meaning a day result of +27.5pts

Here's tomorrows Quarter-Finals draw :

W.O'Connor Vs J.Wade
D.Petersen Vs I.White
P.Wright Vs S.West
J.Clayton Vs D.Van Duijvenbode

It's a wide open event now and especially at the top. Ian White destroyed MVG today and it will be interesting to see how both he and Devon Petersen perform knowing they both have a real strong chance of making a final. Wade is playing well, but both these two score strong and aslong as they double well, the winner should be a favourite against James Wade.

In the bottom half, Peter Wright was at his best and looks the new favourite for this event. You would fancy him to beat Steve West. West played really well in the first 10 legs but his nerves looked to get the better of him greatly. My outright tip, Johnny Clayton, has every chance against Van Duijvenbode to make a Semi-final.

In terms of betting for this round, you very rarely see a player beat MVG and then perform in the next round. This pushes me in favour of Devon Petersen against Ian White. I also think Steve West has reached his pinnacle and I think Peter Wright beats him. In the other two matches I would like to think Clayton has every chance. James Wade would be my favourite for the final place but we've seen so many times players who come in an event because of a wildcard show up and perform.

Nothing screams at me so I will be back tomorrow to pick out another accy.

European Championships +23.5pts
Darts 2020 - +106pts

I'm going with this :

I think Wade should get through match despite worrying abit about the "freeroll" that O'Connor has. I like the over 180s in the Wright match and I'm going to risk the same with Clayton against Van Duijvenbode. Finally, Petersen to beat White. I'm hoping White doesn't perform like he did yesterday

2pts - J.Wade (-1.5 handicap) / Over 9.5 180s Clayton Vs Van Duijvenbode / Petersen to beat White / Over 9.5 180s Wright Vs West - 10/1 bet365

Semi finals tonight.

J.Wade Vs D.Petersen
P.Wright Vs J.Clayton

If Clayton wins then the 50/1 outright tip becomes a 25/1 placement at worst. I don't think it's going to happen though. I can see Wright coming through this and if he does do so then I atleast hope that Devon Petersen can get through. Devon was on fire last night and his 180 hitting was big. The bet I like tonight is both Wright and Petersen to win and hit the most 180s in their matches.

2pts Wright and Petersen to win and hit the most 180s 9/4 betfair
1pt Wright and Petersen to win, most 180s and highest checkout 7/1 paddypower

Worst case scenario last night really, for me. Petersen just didn't have the scoring when he got in front and it was all abit flat. Clayton gave it a good go but that doubling was disgusting. Wright beats Wade in the final with ease and that was pretty predictable.

Quite the achievement to not get any place money from Devon. The 22/1 accy makes it a successful week though.

European Championships +15.5pts
Darts 2020 - +98pts