** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Saturday 24th September

Darran

Some singles bets today

3.30 Don Grantly (RD5) £1 win at 14/1

3.35 Nb Existent (CF) £2 win at 5/1
3.35 Nb Laneqash (JC) £1 win at 2/1 Insurance bet

4.10 Nb Away He Goes (JC) £2 win at 5/1

4.40 Don Right Action (PH) £1 win at 10/1

4.45 Nb Lunar Jet (CF) £1 win at 16/1

5.10 Don Capla Berry (WB) £2 win at 6.6 = £10.98

5.20 Nb Percy Proseco (N/A) £1 win at 13/2

Total stakes = £11

No Trixie today

I missed the price on Ray Dawson's winner earlier and foolishly backed against it.

I couldn't resist laying Pileon in running at odds of 3.85 (Liabilty = £58.37) after the horse made a very bad mistake.  I normally only lay at 1.95 but I didn't think the horse would recover.  At least this gave me £20 to play with for today

=========================================================================================================

Well at least Lunar Jet won for me producing a return of £17.00 with Cieron Fallon aboard.  This amounted to a net profit of £6.00 on the day.

The singles balance c/fwd is now £157.05 (Bank £400.00)

All jumps racing in the UK tomorrow.  I haven't quite got it right yet with my in form top jockey's and apprentices strategy but I am working on it including the jumps with conditional jockeys.  Bear with me ?

Edited by The Equaliser
Results Update

3 hours ago, Bathtime For Rupert said:

All prices Bet365:

1.10 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Dash of Spice @ 11/1

Was off a higher mark than this a few years ago and took a couple of runs to get going after two years off the track. Had excuses over 1m6f and then was too close to a hot pace behind Laafy at Ascot recently. Put in a poor run last time but is the type to bounce back and conditions suit so can see a good run today.

2.05 Cheltenham - 1pt e/w Botox Has @ 13/2

Wasn't far behind Allmankind when they met here last season and there looks quite a lot of pace in here which can suit Botox Has who stays strongly and will relish a test today. Has form up there with the best here and at 13/2, so long as he's fit enough, really should make the frame and threaten the win.

3.15 Cheltenham - 1pt e/w Minella Warrior @ 22/1

Hasn't worked out for him over fences - he's not the best jumper, quite slow and uses energy to get over his flights and I think it's the right move bringing him back to hurdles. Was in good form in staying hurdle races when last running in this sphere and it wouldn't surprise me to see a big improvement now with a stamina test to suit. 

3.35 Newbury - 1pt e/w Percy's Lad @ 14/1

Was impressive on debut given Eve Johnson-Haughton's runners typically come on plenty and there's substance to both that form and its win in a muddling affair last time, doing well to win from two solid yardsticks. Soft ground shouldn't inconvenience and a better gallop to aim at here (stays further) can see a big run. 

3.50 Cheltenham - 1pt win West Approach @ 7/1

Often saves his best for Cheltenham and also has a good record fresh which bodes well for today's reappearance. Had an off day when last seen, never really travelling, but is the type to bounce back with conditions to suit having been freshened up and has been rated higher in the past.

4.05 Doncaster - 1pt e/w Firmament @ 16/1

Looks a big price to me as a flat track suits and is only a pound higher than when winning at York earlier in the season. Has been running okay lately but over a mile when 7f is his trip and the drop back to this distance today will definitely help. Can see him running his race and getting involved at the finish at a big price.

2nd @ 11/1

1st @ 13/2

Nowhere

2nd @ 20/1

2nd @ 15/2

5th @ 25/1

Bit frustrating but can't complain. 

On 10/23/2020 at 4:16 PM, richard-westwood said:

405 donc

Tomfre ran a cracker on soft ground last time and could be more to come ...8/1 looks value 

Tomfre 10pt ew 8/1 bet365

21 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

315 chelt 

To be fair   353

Kansas city chief 350 

Cotswold way 349 

Tough race but some huge prices on offer so worth a try and hope one of the biggys.goes in 

To be fair 10pt win 7/1 bet365

Kansas city chief 5pt win 25/1 bet365

Cotswold way 5pt win 50/1 bet365

4 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

350 chelt 

Frodon 335

Cogry  333

These 2 are a little clear on some form ....can they perform today though ....

Frodon 10pt win 13/2 bet365

Cogry 10pt win 13/2 bet365

2 winners and an unlucky 3rd at 25/1 .....finished +51 pts on a dull rainy day ...I'll take that anytime