** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing chat - Thursday 22nd October

The 4:05 at Wolves tomorrow is a class 2 handicap 11 runners over 5F.

Now here's the thing, put all these horses in a race with Battash, now consider this, how far would Battash beat this lot by?

If Ornate comes last in this race it will still rank in my book as one of the best bets I have ever come across in all my years of betting.

14/1 bet365 is an unbelievable price so i'm getting my wheel barrow out shovelling a pile of money in it and tipping it up in bet365's lobby.

• Darran changed the title to Racing chat - Thursday 22nd October

Dual Grand National winner Tiger Roll is running on the Flat today at Navan 4.15 in a 14 furlong maiden

He's run before on the flat ...... just the once at Dundalk in 2016

It's a big day for 16 year old claimer Sam Erwin ......... 

The rider said: "When I saw that he was entered, I said to myself, 'Whoever gets the ride is going to be one lucky man'. Lo and behold, the lucky man is actually me! I can't believe it. He is one of the best horses ever and I'm getting a chance to ride him. It's unbelievable. He's our Red Rum.

"My agent Kevin [O'Ryan] texted me around ten o'clock on Tuesday morning and I just couldn't wait to ring my Mam and Dad to tell them. When you're just 16 you don't expect to be getting rides like that."

All prices Bet365:

2.00 Ludlow - 2pts win The Happy Chappy @ 9/2

Usually a consistent type so can give him the benefit of the doubt that he'll bounce back from a poor run last time. Was previously running well enough in staying chases and this is a weak enough race to think he can get his head in front. Can get outpaced so Nick Scholfield will have to be alert to keep him in contention but if he's close enough turning for home, he can outstay these.

2.22 Lingfield - 1pt e/w Carlow Farmer @ 18/1

Winning Irish pointer who showed promise in a couple of starts on these shores before running flat when last seen. Has been off since March but ran in a hot novice hurdle two starts back which makes this mark look achievable going chasing and is also upped in trip which ought to suit on pedigree. Fitness taken on trust but quite a healthy price in any case.

2.35 Ludlow - 1pt e/w Howdilyoudo @ 11/1

Definite each-way possibilities for Jamie Snowden's charge after showing promise in a bumper and a novice hurdle. Was a solid 4th on jumping debut despite coming back from a lengthy absence and those ahead of him are decent types. Ought to come on for that, good ground suits and the step up in trip looks a good move too. With a couple of these carrying a penalty, think this one has sound hopes. 

2.50 Carlisle - 1pt e/w Fin And Game @ 25/1

Competitive race but Donald McCain's runner looks overpriced for all he's probably handicapped about right. Was running in hot races last year and clearly was amiss when last seen but has good form when fresh, conditions suit and the yard are going well so with 7lbs taken off his back looks overpriced today assuming all is well again.

4.20 Ludlow - 1pt e/w Chasamax @ 10/1

Nicky Henderson's runner looks to have a good chance here if conditions were against him the last twice. Was too keen and dropped out over 2m4f when last seen and ran on heavy ground two starts back but a return to the same conditions that saw him finish an excellent second to Tea Clipper three starts back ought to suit and on that evidence, this mark is far from beyond him. 

4.34 Carlisle - 1pt e/w Teme Spirit @ 33/1

Only shown bits and pieces of form but its best runs have come on good ground and I think the trip has stretched him the last twice. Promising runner up in a novice three starts back and a repeat of that would see him competitive off this mark. Conditions look ideal today so worth another chance at a big price.

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Wonder if Tiger Roll can win? Only beaten in that legend's race by one with a fancy flat rating, obviously taking on some much younger legs today though.

Its made the Willie Mullins horse's price bigger, 10/1 last time i looked but Jessie has 2 in it as well so its a dodgy bet for me. I keep looking at that 10/1 though and my finger is getting itchy.

17 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

The 4:05 at Wolves tomorrow is a class 2 handicap 11 runners over 5F.

Now here's the thing, put all these horses in a race with Battash, now consider this, how far would Battash beat this lot by?

If Ornate comes last in this race it will still rank in my book as one of the best bets I have ever come across in all my years of betting.

14/1 bet365 is an unbelievable price so i'm getting my wheel barrow out shovelling a pile of money in it and tipping it up in bet365's lobby.

I might suggest that Ornate was beaten by a better drawn horse. Hope the ew players on here were on.