** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

L1, L2, & Scottish Predictions > Oct 24th & 25th

Cove at 10/11 is great price. I was having a look at pie and Bovril last night and Peterhead allegedly have injury crisis and only 13/14 fit players. I'd fancy cove anyway as they have spent money and have one of the best  squads in the division. I don't think this price will last.

I also think Cambridge are a great price 23/20 at home to Bolton. Cambridge flying and scoring and by Bolton struggling away from home.

Could be worth backing btts and win at 13/1 as both teams score a lot but also concede

Doncaster vs Crewe

It's back to the grind of League One this weekend and the match I'm choosing to focus the preview on is the 3pm BST kick-off between Doncaster and Crewe at the Keepmoat Stadium. Both teams have enjoyed solid starts to their respective campaigns but will this be a closely contested game or will we see either the home side secure a win or the away team spring a surprise?

Doncaster are sat in 6th place having won 4 of their 6 league games to begin this season. Manager Darren Moore is not only talking sense as a pundit on television but he's also doing the business at the helm of Rovers. The 4-1 win at home against Ipswich in midweek was a real statement of intent for the promotion contenders and it was already the third time this season that the team have scored 3 or more goals in a game. In this scoring form, it's no surprise that they're feared by defences across the division. The only area they could be looking to improve is their own defence with just 2 clean sheets coming so far from their 9 competitive matches.

Crewe have been performing above expectations but it's hardly a shock given the fact the highly-rated David Artell is still in charge at the club. The newly promoted side find themselves in 14th place and with inconsistency being the main issue that's prevented them from placing higher in the table. Alexandra started the campaign with back-to-back losses without scoring a goal. It seems the team is adapting to life in League One now having lost just 1 of their last 5 matches across all competitions. Even more impressive is that it's 3 clean sheets recorded during that run.

I'm actually really excited to see how this game pans out. I think Doncaster still have the edge with the superior squad but Crewe shouldn't be underrated. I completely understand why the bookies are being cautious with this game and offering Rovers at a price that's in and around the Evens mark. A home win is worth backing at this price but it's a risky one.

Doncaster to Win @ 1.95 with BetVictor

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 1.94 with VBet

On 10/22/2020 at 11:44 AM, willie82 said:

Cove at 10/11 is great price. I was having a look at pie and Bovril last night and Peterhead allegedly have injury crisis and only 13/14 fit players. I'd fancy cove anyway as they have spent money and have one of the best  squads in the division. I don't think this price will last.

I also think Cambridge are a great price 23/20 at home to Bolton. Cambridge flying and scoring and by Bolton struggling away from home.

Could be worth backing btts and win at 13/1 as both teams score a lot but also concede

Great to have you posting in here, willie! @Perfect Storm will support your tip to bet against Bolton on the road! :ok

Football Facts and Streaks regarding League One

Sunderland have kept a clean sheet in their last 5 matches in League One.
Milton Keynes Dons have failed to win their last 18 away matches in League One.
Hull have kept a clean sheet in 86% of their last 7 matches in League One.
There have been under 2.5 goals scored in Sunderland’s last 7 games in League One.
Fleetwood have lost with a 1 goal margin in their last 3 away matches in League One.

You can find interesting 52 Football Betting Facts and Streaks for 24.10.2020 on this link ... https://eurofootballrumours.com/football-facts-and-streaks-24-10-2020-21163

Cheltenham vs Mansfield

My preview for the League Two matches coming up this weekend is the 3pm BST kick-off on Saturday afternoon between Cheltenham and Mansfield at Whaddon Road. These two teams have experienced contrasting starts to their seasons with the home side already making themselves known as potential promotion candidates and the away team seemingly set for a struggle against relegation. Who will win here?

Cheltenham were unfortunate not to gain promotion last season but Michael Duff's men are looking well placed to give it another crack this season. The club are in 3rd place and just 1 point off the top spot with 15 points from their 7 league games so far. The Robins have won 5 league games and have kept a clean sheet is every single one of those victories. That includes back-to-back clean sheets wins coming into this game. The only area of concern is that both of their defeats this season have come at home so does that weigh up against them?

Mansfield just avoided relegation last season and it simply looks like the club haven't made strong enough improvements to dodge a similar end of season fate this time around. Manager Graham Coughlan has seen his side fail to win a single league game so far after 4 draws and 3 losses. The Stags are down in 22nd place and outside the relegation zone purely on goal difference. Just 1 defeat from their 3 away league games does give their fans hope coming into this one that maybe they can grind out a draw but it's still not looking good.

At first glance, this match would appear to be one where you'd heavily back the home side but my curiosity was aroused when I saw the odds being offered by the bookies on a home win was close to Evens. After a bit of research, it's clear why the bookies still have Cheltenham as favourites but with Mansfield showing they have the ability to nullify their opponents it's also obvious this won't be a walk in the park for the home side. I can see another clean sheet win for the home team but I'll play it safe and back the home win.

Cheltenham to Win @ 1.95 with Novibet

Total Goals Scored Under 2.5 @ 2.00 with William Hill

Got to agree with @willie82 above, Cove look a good thing today but at current odds of 1.50 I think it's one for the accumulators.

Kilmarnock v Hibernian.

I'm still wondering how Hibs didn't win last week at Ross County, we played some very decent stuff at times and could easily have won by 4 or 5 goals, 26 shots on goal and not one hitting the net tells it's own story and I'm getting the feeling we're due to give someone a hammering soon. A performance anywhere like last week should see an away win here at what I think look decent odds.

Hibs @ 2.40 - 1pt.

Alloa v Dunfermline.

Dunfermline looked very good last week coming back from losing an early goal to run out 3-1 winners. Same again today means 3 points. NAP.

Dunfermline @ 1.91 - 3pts.

QOS - Raith.

I think QOS could struggle this year, up against a Raith side today who look in good shape and who won convincingly last week, the away win looks a nice price.

Raith @ 2.65 - 1pt.

Partick v Airdrie.

The odds on the away win look massive to me and just have to be backed.

Airdrie @ 3.80 - 1pt.

Sunderland vs Portsmouth -- BOTH TEAMS TO SCORE -- (Portsmouth avg. 2.1 xG away from home; Sunderland avg. ~2 xG at home. Looks a recipe for chances/goals) [19/20 Skybet]

Aaron Martin to score anytime (for Harrogate town)  -- Just the two goals thus far but, seems to be their Firmino; creative & associative numbers are v. high and his underlying scoring numbers suggest he's due a few goals soon. A very juicy anytime price at 13/5, imo. Harrogate creating bucket loads away in recent games so could & should get chances.. [13/5 Ppowers/Betfair]

Singles + 6.87 double @ Paddypowers

Aberdeen vs Celtic

Aberdeen is sitting in 3rd place on the table, and they haven’t lost in the last four rounds. During that period, the home side failed to win just once. Derek McInnes’ side is three points behind their rivals, and a potential victory could launch them to the 2nd spot. Lewis Ferguson and the lads play pretty disciplined football since they conceded only eight times while scoring 14 goals. Interestingly, they managed to keep the clean sheet on all away matches this season. The Dons probably won’t have enough depth to cope with the Glasgow giants. Still, they want to secure the place in continental competitions next season and put some good performances against favorites.

Celtic is having a tough time lately, especially as they lost the first Old Firm of the season last weekend at Celtic Park. That defeat saw them declining to the 2nd spot being four points behind Rangers. However, they have played one game less than their fierce rivals. The away side failed to qualify for the Champions League as they got knocked out by Ferencvaros, but they secured the place in Europa League. However, their premier match in the continental competition wasn’t successful, as Milan took all three points away from Celtic Park. A couple of vital players, such as Edouard and Forrest, are sidelined for this clash, and another tough challenge is ahead of the visitors. Neil Lennon’s side needs to get back on a winning track not to allow the Gers a more significant advantage on the table.

Full-Time Winner Odds & Prediction

Celtic is considered a favorite in this clash, but it is questionable if they are going to get back home with all three points. Aberdeen can create a lot of trouble for the visitors, and our pick is +1 Asian Handicap in the hosts’ favor.

Goals Market Prediction

Although their latest head-to-head clashes were pretty efficient, we don’t expect too many goals in this one. Aberdeen is quite disciplined, while two exhausting matches are behind Celtic. This game can remain below a 2.5 margin.

Aberdeen AH +1 @ 1.80

Under 2.5 FT @ 1.80

Correct score 1:1 @ 7.50

Source: https://www.bat-bet.com/aberdeen-vs-celtic-betting-tips-predictions-match-previews-scottish-premiership/

On 10/25/2020 at 1:41 PM, BrandNew said:

The Scottish Premiership (and Joe Hart!) never ceases to make Leigh Griffiths look like a good footballer.

Griffiths is a very good player who strikes a superb deadball, he's a bit of a dick though and has numerous personal issues that make him difficult to manage, he could easily play for a bottom half epl side.

19 minutes ago, BrandNew said:

I totally disagree. I don’t think that there are many Scottish Premiership players who could play in the English Premier League, and Griffiths isn’t one of them. Made to look good by playing up front for Celtic, in my opinion.

In fact, I’ve just realised that I’m talking to a Hibs fan, so I assume that there is some degree of bias in your opinion of him. Perhaps in mine too, as a Scotland fan.

It's not bias, like I said, I think he's a bit of a dick, but as a Hibs fan I watched him playing every week for a few years and he was very good. If MacBurnie can make a living in the epl, then Griffiths could easily, a far, far better player.

42 minutes ago, BrandNew said:

Again, we’ll have to agree to disagree on that one, given that there’s no real way to prove it either way.

I assume that you’re referring to Oli McBurnie?

Two very different types of attackers you’re comparing, but I’d say there’s a reason, in terms of standard, that one of them plays every week, in the English Premier League, and the other one doesn’t.

Yeah, we'll agree to disagree, just a matter of opinion after all. Between McBurnie and Griifiths though, I know who I'd rather have in my team.

Who's your team btw?

7 minutes ago, BrandNew said:

I don’t have a club side.

They’re two very different players to try and compare, but scoring goals for either half of the Old Firm, particularly Celtic, given their recent dominance, doesn’t really impress me.

I've never heard of a football fan who doesn't support a club!

He scored goals for fun in one of the poorest Hibs sides in my lifetime, very impressive.