** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

BOG

Best Odds Guaranteed

We’re giving you more

We're giving you more of the offers you love, with double the amount of Extra Place Races, more Money Back as Cash races and more Price Boost Promises every day.

THAT’S RACING, BETTER.

To allow us to do this, starting from Wednesday 21st October, our Best Odds Guaranteed promotion isn’t going anywhere, but it is changing.

We’re removing Best Odds Guaranteed from our Extra Place races. Don’t worry though, Best Odds Guaranteed is still available on other eligible races from 9am on the day of the race. You can watch the video below that shows you how to know which races are eligible for Best Odds Guaranteed.

What this means is we will offer you an even bigger variety of offers. More Extra Places. More Money Back as Cash races. And even more ground shaking offers for races across the country, including action from Cheltenham on Friday. We’d say that’s all the more reason to experience the heart-pounding thrills of racing with Sky Bet.

1 hour ago, LeMale said:

This is a joke!!! First they say BOG is now only available after 0900hrs on the day of the race, now no BOG at all on a race where they offer extra places or money back. I assume this is a rule for everyone and they're not just stopping me personally? 

Ah BOG......... a distant memory :lol
There's more than 1 way to skin a cat,
If the average of the other books is greater than your extra place race price (which they usually are), take sp instead of the price then you'll get the better price not quite BOG but usually better than the price they offer pre race on the extra place races.

I watch a lot of racing i also watch a lot of the betting movements and it is my opinion that the sp is 99% of the time less than the last show (sometimes many points shorter). this is what happens when there are no on course bookies. the offline firms (all accountants not bookies) can pretty much do as they like. A further observation is that more often than not half the field is shortened up either just before the off or after it, I bet lots of FC and TC and the returns are getting murdered, 10+ horse being shortened up when only one can win is not a level playing field. The worse thing about it is we can do nothing about it.

Just now, Zilzalian said:

I watch a lot of racing i also watch a lot of the betting movements and it is my opinion that the sp is 99% of the time less than the last show (sometimes many points shorter). this is what happens when there are no on course bookies. the offline firms (all accountants not bookies) can pretty much do as they like. A further observation is that more often than not half the field is shortened up either just before the off or after it, I bet lots of FC and TC and the returns are getting murdered, 10+ horse being shortened up when only one can win is not a level playing field. The worse thing about it is we can do nothing about it.

Just one example from from today Brian the Snail last show 14/1 = sp 11/1 not only did it reduce the winners sp but in doing so significantly reduced the forecast and tricast.

19 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Just one example from from today Brian the Snail last show 14/1 = sp 11/1 not only did it reduce the winners sp but in doing so significantly reduced the forecast and tricast.

Do them on the tote then if you think you are being ripped off?

I can remember when bog didn’t exist and to be honest I only have it still with one firm now anyway. Yuh

9 hours ago, Darran said:

Do them on the tote then if you think you are being ripped off?

I can remember when bog didn’t exist and to be honest I only have it still with one firm now anyway. Yuh

With respect. Quite a naïve comment that Darran you put £50 on a horse on the tote and watch what happens especially at the moment with the only tote bets being online through lack of racegoers. and i don't think i am being ripped off, i know i'm being ripped off, at one time we were dealing with bookmakers we now deal with accountants.

4 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

With respect. Quite a naïve comment that Darran you put £50 on a horse on the tote and watch what happens especially at the moment with the only tote bets being online through lack of racegoers. and i don't think i am being ripped off, i know i'm being ripped off, at one time we were dealing with bookmakers we now deal with accountants.

Not a naive comment at all. If you are betting on the exotics then tote bets can be the way to go. The other option is bet365 where you can take a price on a forecast and tricast.

20 minutes ago, Darran said:

Not a naive comment at all. If you are betting on the exotics then tote bets can be the way to go. The other option is bet365 where you can take a price on a forecast and tricast.

Every pound you put into the tote pool affects the prices be it win place or "exotics" for example bet £50 into the fc/tc pool and that is fifty divisions bet one hundred and you are spending twice as much to actually win less. but that wasn't my point it was your suggestion not mine to use tote.  I was merely stating facts that without on course bookies and crowds the online firms can return what they like to a large degree and that is exactly what they are doing shaving shaving shaving and like i said u shorten a horse it also affects f/c and tricasts. are you suggesting i am wrong? i bet 365 99% of the time btw. Correct me if i am wrong but i do not think you can take a price on FC or TC i see an advisory/example price if thats what you are referring to, if i am wrong i would like to know how you can take a fc price on bet 365 that would be quite helpful.

6 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Every pound you put into the tote pool affects the prices be it win place or "exotics" for example bet £50 into the fc/tc pool and that is fifty divisions bet one hundred and you are spending twice as much to actually win less. but that wasn't my point it was your suggestion not mine to use tote.  I was merely stating facts that without on course bookies and crowds the online firms can return what they like to a large degree and that is exactly what they are doing shaving shaving shaving and like i said u shorten a horse it also affects f/c and tricasts. are you suggesting i am wrong? i bet 365 99% of the time btw. Correct me if i am wrong but i do not think you can take a price on FC or TC i see an advisory/example price if thats what you are referring to, if i am wrong i would like to know how you can take a fc price on bet 365 that would be quite helpful.

You haven’t actually stated any facts you are just guessing. We are seeing much bigger priced winners winning because of the current system and I’m pretty sure we are seeing smaller over rounds at the moment. The price that comes up when you place a forecast bet is the one you get with bet365 but I believe it is also bog if you have that on your account. I also know how the tote system works so don’t need that explaining to me.

Seems to me this is all trying to find an edge with the bookies.

Firstly BOG is great, I would want that as a first option if I could, benefitted from it loads of times, notably when I took 80/1 after 9.00am With Sky on a Saturday and won at 150/1. Trouble is  I can’t always wait to 9.00am so do most with B365 which is from night before. This applies to Win options mainly.

Now on the big race handicaps mainly on Saturdays, often even if you over analyse the races finding the winner is very difficult and often end up with several. Bet365 tend to be 4 or 5 places. Sky, paddy, Hills may go 6 or even 7. Now obviously only a benefit for each way backers. But I would tend to go for a longer price horse with more places on offer. Or you can go the extended places with Bet 365 as option. Nobody really knows whether a horse will drift or shorten closer to the off. You have to be happy with the price. On sky you can choose to take the price or take the SP. The choice is yours as they say.