** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Inplay Asian Handicap - please help

Wivz_03

Dear all, 

This evening I placed an in-play Asian handicap at the Betfair Exchange. The bet was on the MCI v ARS game and the score at the time of the bet was 1-0 to MCI.

My bet was ARS +1.0 @ 2.66

My understanding was that if the margin remained the same or ARS improved the score line then my bet would win, if MCI scored again and the game finished 2-0 (or 3-1 or 4-2 etc) then it would be a refund and a bigger winning margin for MCI would result in a loss. 

The game of course finished 1-0 to MCI but I only received my stake back. Can someone please educate me? I'm well aware that I'm probably in the wrong but I'd love to hear someone else's take on it. 

You should be able to see from my screenshot attached that it was an Asian Handicap and the timestamp proves what the score was when the bet was placed.

TIA,

Mark

MCI v ARS.png

My take on this; I'm no expert on AH markets but I've had a quick look at the BF rules before posting this.

1. Unfrotunately, I think you have misunderstood the rules of the market your were betting on, i.e. it is a "final score" market rather than a "from now on" market.
  2. What you thought you were betting on would have been quoted as Arsenal +2 in this market and would have been at considerably shorter odds,
  3. The bet has been correctly settled as a push because you backed Arsenal with a one goal start and it landed on that handicap line.

I have some sympathy for your view as I believe there are some firms who do operate their in play AH markets on that basis but, as I say, the odds would have been a lot shorter for what you thought you had backed.