** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Non-League Predictions > October 18th

Darran

More profit on Tuesday to continue the good 1st month or so of the new season. Most of my bets are usually in the National League, but nothing really stands out as a bet this week, so I have 3 bets at Step 2 and 1 at Step 3. Also

Gloucester City v Blyth Spartans

Blyth would have gone down last season if the season had of ended and they already look like they will be in a relegation battle this time around as well. I opposed them last week and Telford should have put the game to bed well before they gifted Blyth an equalizer in the 90th minute. They lost in the FA Cup on Wednesday to Marske who are two levels below them and they managed just two shots in the whole game. I have watched all 180 minutes of Gloucester's two games in the league so far and my thoughts pre season that they would be title contenders have been proven by what I have seen so far. They are playing some attractive football and scoring some quality goals. I think they will be suited by their 3G pitch this season as it suits the type of football they are playing and the team is miles better than the Blyth one on paper. It really should be a comfortable home win and the 17/10 on the -1 handicap makes plenty of appeal. I think it is worth covering the -2 at 15/4 as well.

Oxford City v Tonbridge Angels

Tonbridge had a slightly surprising opening day win at Billericay, but they were beaten by Hungerford on Saturday and although they are through to the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round they have had quite easy games against Farnborough and Chichester and were hardly convincing in either. On the other hand Oxford have looked pretty good so far in beating Bath 2-0 on the opening day and then getting a point at Chelmsford. What was particularly eye-catching though was their FA Cup win over Tamworth on Tuesday night. They could both have been at the same level this season and Tamworth are well fancied again to win their league so for Oxford to beat them 6-1 is some statement. If they are in that short of form again here it should be a home win.

Needham Market v Bromsgrove Sporting

Needham are still unbeaten in the league and are looking pretty decent and scoring plenty of goals as well. I think they look a bit of value here against Bromsgrove as they are the outsiders and they should be much closer together. They are doing OK and have only lost 1 game, but they aren't quite hitting the heights of last season at the moment. At 12/5 the home side look a good value bet.

Gloucester City 3pts -1 @ 17/10 with Betway & 1pt  -2 @ 15/4

Oxford City 2.5pts @ 11/10 with Betfred

Needham Market 1pt @ 13/5 with Betfred

I've taken a few bets for this weekend.

Dorking to beat Braintree @ 2.05 5/5 units

Dorking will be fighting for promotion and Braintree look very weak this season.

Havant to beat Billericay @ 2.50 2/5 units

Dartford to beat Bath @ 2.00 2/5 units

Maidstone to beat Hemel @ 1.95 2/5 units

Weston Super Mare to beat Wimborne @ 1.90 2/5 units

Wingate & Finchley to beat Merstham @ 3.90 2/5units

Gloucester look a good bet aswell, did an acca with all these matches @ 242.85

Dorking is a maxbet @ 5/5 units and is my bet best for the weekend. GL everybody and cheers Darran for an excellent preview as always :)

Edited by dawwe92

Awesome Darran!  I've run out of superlatives for you. In Chester this weekend for my OH's birthday and your tips have financed the bulk of it. ( retrospectively obviously, I wasn't counting on them coming in to pay for it ? )

Well done dawwe92 also. 5 out of 6 with 1 postponed. Fine work Sir.