Racing chat -saturday 10th oct (cesarewitch)

Cesarewitch 

Great white shark    355

Not so sleepy   352 

Summer moon 352  

Huge handicap and pinsticker but these 3 are a good few points ahead of rest so as good as any in a hard race 

Great white shark 10pt win 8/1 bet365

Not so sleepy 10pt win 12.0 betfair 

Summer moon 10pt win 25.0 betfair 

The top class racing continues in Australia with more Group 1 action at Caulfield and Randwick.

Caulfield R2 (2.50am)

Swats That is the pick here. He was 2nd to September Rain two starts back and that one was impressive in winning last week. Swats That also won himself last time and I think he will be hard to beat here.

Swats That @ 7/5 with Paddy Power

Caulfield R3 (3.25am)

Windstorm finally got his win in Victoria last time and I think he can go from that here especially with a bit of cut in the ground.

Windstorm @ 11/10 with Bet365

Caulfield R5 (4.35am)

Diamond Effect won a G3 over course and distance 2 back and then found himself to far back in the G1 Moir Stakes at The Valley last time. He didn't get a clear run until late on, but still finished his race off well and down in grade back to this course and distance I think he can win again.

Diamond Effect @ 14/5 with Diamond Effort

Caulfield R8 (6.30am)

The big race of the card and I am going to put up the horse who did us a big favour when winning last time Ole Kirk. Granted Rothfire's injury helped, but he would have gone close anyway and he showed a great attitude in winning. I think the step up to 1600m is what he needs now and the Sydney 3yo form looks to be stronger than the Melbourne 3yo form. In my view he has the best form in the race.

Ole Kirk @ 13/5 with Bet365

Caulfield R9 (7.10am)

Another G1 here and I am going with Cascadian e/w. He will need a bit of luck as he comes from behind, but he's been running as if he needs a step up to this trip. He got no luck at all last time so you can ignore his 11th and he was eye catching in the Memsie the time before. His form looks strong, he looks over priced and hopefully the gaps open when needed.

Cascadian e/w @ 10/1 with William Hill

Caulfield R10 (7.45am)

Orderofthegarter runs here which is slightly odd given it is the Caulfield Cup next week which he is favourite for. He is a warm favourite here, but I am going to take a chance with a couple at bigger odds. Chapada was 2nd to the fav last time and has a chance of reversing the form at these weights. That was his 1st run since July so he should come on for that as well. I am also backing my old favourite Gallic Chieftain. He finished his race off very well last time recording a speedy last 200m. He is 3rd up and he tends to peak 3rd up as well. He does have a bit of ground to make up on the other pick and the fav, but the way he finished suggests he is building up to his peak fitness.

Chapada @ 11/2 with Bet365

Gallic Chieftain e/w @ 12/1 with William Hill

Randwick R3 (4.20am)

Just the one in Sydney and I like Criaderas here. He found himself way too far back last time and flew home to finish 3rd which was backed up by the sectionals. He clearly has a great turn of foot and although he is up in grade I think he is up to it. With a smaller field he shouldn't find himself quite so far back this time.

Criaderas @ 6/5 with William Hill

This thread has more posts. To see them, you'll need to sign up or sign in.